Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 109617 times)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2011, 01:14:57 pm »

Progress report:
 Chaos Dwarves:
Entity: 80% - Needs buildings and reactions
Creature: 80% - Bull Centaurs bug fixing to do. Should they have Hobgoblins?
Custom Materials: 0% Needs Chaos Iron/Steel and Obsidian Guard Armors plus sacrifical altar for the production of chaos armor/weapons

Orcs n' Common Goblins:
Entity: 0% - Waiting for Chaos dwarfs to be done. Would be very similar to night goblins
Creature: 20% Orcs done, needs gobs (from night goblins), and squigs/snotlings for pets
Custom Materials: 0% Needs Black Iron material, Slag material, and Slag Pit building

That should cover my end

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »

I'm going to finish all four Skaven clans before I upload any of it. I'm a bit less than halfway done; once I get Moulder and Skyre up to speed there's a few things I need to do, warpstones being the main thing.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2011, 03:00:02 pm »

Chaos Warriors 0.5b: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

Basically done. Just continuing to add cool stuff as it comes up. May even remove the beta tag in a release or two.

Also, Black Legion, for consistency and convenience, you could use the Blood Iron and the Blood Steel in my mod. They function as heavier versions of Steel and Adamantine respectively. I'd love it if you came up with your own reactions to make them though, as I feel that the sacrifice rituals for Warriors of Chaos are kinda unique and fun. Although I'm not familiar with Chaos Dwarves very much, so if they would fluff-wise be doing that sort of thing, then by all means take the reactions too!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2011, 03:30:41 pm »

Beastmen are mostly complete, just need to keep it updated with chaos warrior mod reactions

Night Goblin base creature is mostly complete. Squigs only have the basic stuff, still making their bodies. Still haven't made snotlings.

Any suggestions on the effects of gas squig attack/death explosion? Nausea, blisters or something else?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2011, 10:35:19 pm »

Deathsword, if you don't mind for the next release, I would love to make some reactions, or help you make some reactions, unique to the beastmen. I think it would be pretty cool if we could develop them some of their own character, as I feel my Chaos Warrior stuff doesn't quite do them the same justice. We could throw stuff out here or via pm. Just let me know what you think!

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2011, 04:53:02 am »

Bretonnian will be ready, with new weapons, nobles and workshops, really soon.

Related to the Bretonnians, I almost wanna make the night kinda like a centaur--as in he/she would be born on horseback and the horse would be considered the same creature. Would be kinda cool and could hold us over until mounts work.
The best idea ever.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2011, 11:47:19 am »

first off this is the best warhammer mod ive ever seen for DF.
i thinking that we can make mutant/ wraped creature fun by makeing some bodys and parts parts for sub types
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »

We may want to wait until curses are in to make mutations and such.

Deathsword, if you don't mind for the next release, I would love to make some reactions, or help you make some reactions, unique to the beastmen. I think it would be pretty cool if we could develop them some of their own character, as I feel my Chaos Warrior stuff doesn't quite do them the same justice. We could throw stuff out here or via pm. Just let me know what you think!

The main reason I'm using the ones from the warriors is that I'm out of ideas regarding workshops/reactions that yours don't cover.

Unrelated question: what daemons have you modded in yet?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

Spoiler: creature_skaven_skyre (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: entity_skaven_skyre (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: item_skaven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: item_skaven_ammo (click to show/hide)
You may notice that the entity has neither the Warplock Jezzail or the Warprifle (which is somewhat made up) in their entity. This is because there will be custom reactions requiring warpstones to make them, which I'll take care of once the entities and creatures are all done and smoothed over.

EDIT:
What blasphemy is this? Two updates in a single post!
Spoiler: entity_skaven_moulder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: item_skaven (click to show/hide)
Now for warpstones and related reactions...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:25:04 pm by Crazy Cow »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:49 pm »

The Skaven. Evil humanoids living beneath the surface of the earth, spying and plotting to overthrow the surface civilizations and spread themselves across the earth.
The Skaven, unlike most other races, continue to grow in numbers, and new settlements are always being founded. Each of the four most powerful Skaven clans - Eshin, Moulder, Pestilens, and Skyre - are constantly founding new settlements... which is where you come in.
Clan Eshin is one focused on stealth and secrecy. Their gutter runners and assassins are unmatched in the arts of infiltration and death, and can more than hold thier own in a straight fight.
Clan Moulder undergoes constant experimentation to create new breeds of monsters to aid them in battle. The giant rats and rat ogres are some of the more common results of those experements, and as such make up a good part of Clan Moulder's population.
Clan Pestilens has powers over death and disease, spreading it to all they can. Plague Monks fight tooth and claw, infecting thier opponents with every strike, while Plague Priests, weilding the fearsome plague censers, spread their 'gifts' to all around them.
Clan Skyre is made of mechanics and alchemists that are constantly creating new technologies. Thier warplock jezzails and warprifles are some of the most powerful ranged weapons in the world, built and maintained by warlock engineers and carried into battle by clanrat warriors.
All Skaven technologies are powered by warpstones, gems of power that can be found only in tiny amounts. Creating any of their advanced weapons requires an Alchemechanics Workshop, metal bars, and many, many raw warpstones. Should you be on the recieving end of any of these weapons, you should fear for your life.

Contains four new entities, each of which is a varient of the Skaven. Skaven will wage war on any non-theif race, and while they are weaker than the average human their many uncommon castes can easily make up for their lack of strength. No default files will be replaced by installing the mod, and to remove it simply delete any file with Skaven in its name.

Created for the Warhammer Community Mod by Crazy Cow.

Download v1.0 here!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2011, 05:53:57 pm »

I'll be testing this, sounds instresting. Clan Skyre, here I go.

EDIT: for some reason they aren't playable. Maybe it's the thief token?

EDIT 2:  I think this token: [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] might be the one causing the problem. I'll try to change it to mountain halls instead and see what happens

EDIT 3: changing it to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] has made them playable. One suggestion, however. Change the name in the creatures to [NAME:<clan> skaven:(etc)], for they all appear as skaven on embark, making it impossible to tell wich clan it is. Also, why is there a non-clan skaven entity?

EDIT 4: genned world, embarked as skyre, got an blue stuff spire embark. five spires to be extact, tallest is 5-z levels tall (above surface level). Underground is mostly normal, aside from lack of SMR in certain areas. Should I upload it? No axes on embark for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:46:54 pm by Deathsword »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2011, 10:40:48 pm »

*palms face*
Those non-clan Skaven are the template I based the actual clans off of. Thanks for your testing, Deathsword; I'll put an update up here in a minute.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2011, 12:40:51 pm »

And by "a minute" I mean twelve hours.
Download v1.1 here!

EDIT:
Oh, I didn't need to create a whole new page for the update. Ah well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:47:30 pm by Crazy Cow »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 01:04:19 pm »

The chaos gods are pleased! The blood will flow!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

Hey, I just have a quick fluff question. Do the Skaven have an "empire," "kingdom," or something else? I'm referencing it in some of the Skaven stuff and want to use the proper term. I'm nitpicky like that :p

Incidentally skaven  refer to their nation as the under-empire, directly bastardising the empire above they dispise and tend to actually ape and pretend-human. Its all very hypocritical. Incidentally what is being done about skryre's more amusing contraptions? Doomwheels, warplightning cannons? Thise moves me tangentally onto Moulder. Warpstone soap. Allows you to glue body parts from the remains/waste stockpiles back on. Any will do. S'how they make their mutants. I wonder if i skipped any comments on this through the thread? I did try and spot some.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41