Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Strange Mood: Drives me to dispair -.-  (Read 8066 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood: Drives me to dispair -.-
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 09:17:39 am »

You might need more bones.

Derp, should have read better.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:19:20 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SannaSK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 09:37:25 am »

Oops you replied after me so I'll put my last thing in more chronological order.

SWEET! I have no idea exactly what I did... I figured out how to trade and bought some bronze and nickel bars, along with all sorts of sheep/llama/alpaca cloth and some yarn and like half the caravan's supply of cave spider silk cloth and I just got the message that my dwarf is constructing. Yay for her not dying!

Thank you all so much for your help. I never would have figured this out without knowing about the T menu (and tbh since I'm not sure how I un-knotted her problem, using the term 'figure out' is a bit of an indulgence). Thanks so much ^__^. It looks like the answer is 'just stockpile all the materials you ever can you never know what the dwarf is going to want...'

edit: wtfffffff a magnetite bed. a bed. out of magnetite. This game, I will never understand it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:39:47 am by SannaSK »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 11:25:28 am »

edit: wtfffffff a magnetite bed. a bed. out of magnetite. This game, I will never understand it.

That's pretty sweet actually. Much better then some figurine or goblet that would be useless. I mean that artifact is both valuable and useful. Not that often you see that. I mean sure it's not as good as a gold war hammer, but hey, still works great for boosting that noble's room value sky-high.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »

And since magnetite is magma-safe...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SannaSK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

Ohhh... something I read (the df.magmawiki probably?) gave me the impression dwarves only like wood beds, therefore I definitely wanted to cut down a few trees right away? I guess is what I thought? But hey, ok, awesome rock bed. Whatever makes them happy X D.

(Steep learning curve +1, Sanna takes the hit... again, lol.)

Although the comment about rock bed being magma safe sounds pretty terrifying. But I don't want to off-topic this thread too much. I should go read the tiny questions thread and see how much that helps. Thanks again!

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 12:19:35 am »

It's not that dwarves don't like beds of other materials, it's that beds can't be made of other materials, with the sole exception of strange moods. So, early on, one of the main reasons that wood is needed is for making beds.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 07:22:55 am »

Although the comment about rock bed being magma safe sounds pretty terrifying. But I don't want to off-topic this thread too much. I should go read the tiny questions thread and see how much that helps. Thanks again!
Well you see, as your fortress grows it can acquire a number of snooty dwarves called "nobles" who require rooms with good furniture, and can make unreasonable or even impossible mandates on your dwarves to do make stuff. Then they punish your other dwarves for failing. A nice, clean solution to this problem is to let the misguided noble, erm, sleep in mother earth's warm embrace. A magma safe bed would allow you to reuse the bed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]