Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So... Adventure mode is becoming a bit boring.  (Read 4585 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: So... Adventure mode is becoming a bit boring.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 11:26:48 pm »

Make fort, dig down, dig stairs, reach hell, abandon.  Go there in Adv. Mode, pull the adamantine sword. 
I can never find where my fort is :(

It's automatically on the travel map under the (s)ites when you abandon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 11:45:14 pm »

Is it possible to have a dorf start in a fort?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 11:46:46 pm »

dfmode
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 11:48:49 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 07:53:41 am »

dfmode
A dorf ADVENTURER.
hmm that questions falls under someone doing research on how controls the adventurer placement and rigging it so that the adventurer starts in the player fortsite.
though doing so just means you spawn in(or near) your fortress. though I was thinking Corneria meant you take an adventurer walk over to the fort site and used DFmode to start in a fort.
though Actual Starting in a fort mean either someone figures out how to retire with body swap folks making the ability to do so possible or above.

So on the topic on boring adventure mode have you try projects and doing the impossible?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »

dfmode
A dorf ADVENTURER.
Turn one of your dwarves into your adventurer? Gives you better choices than a random adventurer.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 10:32:23 pm »

dfmode
A dorf ADVENTURER.
Turn one of your dwarves into your adventurer? Gives you better choices than a random adventurer.
if you do the Save shift you can save your fort if you want to return for more building.
though you might want to sleep and feed your character first before switching back or you might end up with an insane dwarf returning.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »

In the future, we will be able to switch between overseeing a fortress and controlling a single dorf in an adventure-mode-esque situation... and then back again.

This would also make expeditions to far off lands possible, along with the expansion of fortresses to the point where they're so large that they encompass most of the world.

Let's see someone micromanage THAT fortress.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:43 pm »

In the future, we will be able to switch between overseeing a fortress and controlling a single dorf in an adventure-mode-esque situation... and then back again.

This would also make expeditions to far off lands possible, along with the expansion of fortresses to the point where they're so large that they encompass most of the world.

Let's see someone micromanage THAT fortress.
Challenge accepted.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »

Well I do have a suggestion: Kill and make trophies of every species in the game, with the same adventurer. Obviously you'll have to forgo ocean-dwelling creatures, and possibly forgo making trophies of sentients. Bonus points for each mod installed that adds new wild animals and for killing all the titans in the world. Mega-dorf bonus points (per kill) for wandering the caverns long enough to encounter and kill at least one forgotten beast, and for killing at least one member of every type of demon and night creature, including bogeymen.

Mega internet bonus points for writing up in a thread a comprehensive, detailed, and entertaining bestiary of each species, and your encounters with them, ignoring the wiki.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 03:11:51 am »

I'll do one better you go out of your way to make a large zoo doing this.
oh nighthawk I could do most of that on my spare time between testing Dfusion commands but the expanding fortress that incase the whole world for one single reason, pc will crash before giving me the chance too. though I can see if one places 4 4x4 embarkspaces next to each other and use DFmode to spend one ingame week(due to the issue with the game auto-abandoning for who knows) doing stuff in each area while having a main area where you do your main business.
"body swapping and YOU!"

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »

I use Genesis all the time. 'Tis fun.
I use Civilization Forge. Adventures are still quite short for me, though, but adding Wanderer's Friend helps it a tad bit*. You hunt with ammo, you butcher your kill, you turn the skin to leather, and you can carve the bones into things like more ammo.

*HOWEVER, without fiddling around with the mod's files a bit, some things will not, and I mean will NOT, work. At all.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:00 am »

yea you gotta mod the burning equipment out of wanderer's friend or you will usually start with it and end up melting if you don't drop it, i also play with fanciful creatures.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]