Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should water vapor condense ingame?

Yes.
No.
Turnip.

Author Topic: Water to the weary  (Read 1703 times)

tuxu

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to help, I like magma. :)
    • View Profile
    • empires-mod
Water to the weary
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:19 am »

Hi and thank you for reading, last time I was playing this fabulous game -when I had time for my self and a life to speak of- I think that water vapor could not condense.
If they could then it would make life much more interesting. ;)
- What ever you can do, I can do better. So I'll let you practice... :p
 Tuxu has become a Legendery Lazydwarf!

Heaven lasts long, and Earth abides. What is the secret of their durability?
Is it because they do not live for themselves - That they endure so long?
-- Lao Tzu

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: Water to the weary
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:50 am »

Hmm. You mean something like mist making 1/7th water on tiles?

I don't support this. If you put a waterfall in your dining room and mist does that, your dining room is gonna get muddy as hell. Who wants to sit in a forest of towercaps while they eat dinner?

...oh yeah, me. But uh, it'd look ugly. no thx.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:39:44 am »

I'd support it, it makes sense, your water shouldn't just dissappear... And evaporated water shouldn't bring mud with it, mud doesn't evaporate.
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

nxcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:22 am »

Suddenly I'm thinking about vapor desalination.
Banana!

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:58:22 am »

I'd support it, it makes sense, your water shouldn't just dissappear... And evaporated water shouldn't bring mud with it, mud doesn't evaporate.
Does water disappear when mist is created? I though mist was just created as an extra with water falling, and the actual water amount would not be reduced.
If you are a goblin, you know you joined the wrong siege when the grates come down and bridge raises behind you, trapping you inside.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:21 pm »

Actually you can also get water if it is heated by hot things like magma, SOFs and theyr kin, overly hot temperature on the outside, a na... er you get what i want to say.

For all its worth i support the idea. XD if you get the thermodynamics right you could build a refrigerator respective some sort of "heater".   

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.