Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: WorldForge: Fantasy RP (Hiatus atm)  (Read 9812 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: WorldForge: Fantasy RP~
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 01:50:09 pm »

...Still waiting for Aklyon, Edio, and Pyro to give me their character sheets so I can start things up. Anyone else who wants to join, take a look at the character example sheet at the bottom of the OP and PM me your character. Just for the record, if you want to play a non-human or something unorthodox like a lizardman, drakkonian, or an Eternal (mechanical undead), PM me so we can work out the details!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 02:01:48 pm »

I'm kinda busy right now, Ehndras. Feel free to skip me if you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 02:11:07 pm »

Alright, Edio and Pyro then.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 04:50:31 am »

I really do seem to have a supernatural ability to kill threads by joining them. I should start selling my services on 4chan...
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 05:06:23 am »

Please, please go kill a few threads on /b/.

No worries, its not dead. I'm just doing finishing touches on Pyro, then I'll start. I'm going to post a story I just wrote. I was bored and was up all night, again. (haven't slept in 4 days, no clue why. Just don't feel like it. *shrug*)

Spent the whole night writing a prequel to The Second Wintering, the primary timeline of my old Fantasy novel series I never finished and never will (because I'm constantly adding shit. Damn me for being a perfectionist who's never satisfied.) Its a background story on a god I never named, showing how he came to be who he is in the Second Wintering. This happens, ohh, a few millenia before the timeline of the Second Wintering. Here in WorldForge, you guys are pretty much playing abstract roles in my novel series, and forcing me to change things around and move out of my comfort zone. You guys get a story that has substance rather than a half-assed on-the-spot post, and I get the fuck out of my comfort zone by facing ideas and possibilities I never thought of before. We all win!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 05:17:04 am »

Ooooh. So by making this game, you not only make your life harder by GM'ing a game but you are also forcing yourself to rewrite your novel? That must take a while. Heck, what happens if we somehow resolve the plot of your novel or somehow bring upon an industrial revolution, only this time with golems?  :)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:22 pm »

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

Spent the last 12 bloody hours, yes, from 11 PM til about 11AM-12PM EST, writing the second 'half' of the Kha'mael: Lord of the Forge prequel short-story. The first half was only about 3-4 paragraphs long, really. The second 'half' I spent all night writing consisted of at least 30-40 paragraphs, ranging through his entire inception as true Lord of the Forge, his nomadic journey in the mortal realm, his encounter with the Trinity, the sundering, his banishment to the mortal plane stripped of his power, etc. This leads up to the point where, during the First Wintering - the War of the the Ascended, he is found and brought from his desert prison to aid Arkhan the god of Harmony and Judgment in pacifying the warring demigods. Blah blah, Alekhthaeos the Dream-Weaver's betrayal and creation of the god Hadreanos the Destroyer from the essence of Dragonkind and the originator goddess Ciberys, Hadrean's literal annihilation of the mortal realm and sundering of the mainland continent, Ciberys and Aidenn's rebirth of the mortal realm, Alekhthaeos' imprisonment in the forgotten temple deep in Elven lands, the creation of The One - Guardian of Light and Gatekeeper to the mortal realm, later named Apothos; Vessel of Life. (Avatar of life, a fragile mortal shell housing the immortal spirit of Life itself, from which all living matter radiates. Eventually gains sentience and keeps the world from blowing up - again), and a whole bunch of other stuff that's just part of the actual main storyline. That's not even getting into sideplots, other races, nations, religions, even other pantheons from other planes of existence. :P

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »

Almost done with mine. Sent you an inomplete copy.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 07:35:25 pm »

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

Spent the last 12 bloody hours, yes, from 11 PM til about 11AM-12PM EST, writing the second 'half' of the Kha'mael: Lord of the Forge prequel short-story. The first half was only about 3-4 paragraphs long, really. The second 'half' I spent all night writing consisted of at least 30-40 paragraphs, ranging through his entire inception as true Lord of the Forge, his nomadic journey in the mortal realm, his encounter with the Trinity, the sundering, his banishment to the mortal plane stripped of his power, etc. This leads up to the point where, during the First Wintering - the War of the the Ascended, he is found and brought from his desert prison to aid Arkhan the god of Harmony and Judgment in pacifying the warring demigods. Blah blah, Alekhthaeos the Dream-Weaver's betrayal and creation of the god Hadreanos the Destroyer from the essence of Dragonkind and the originator goddess Ciberys, Hadrean's literal annihilation of the mortal realm and sundering of the mainland continent, Ciberys and Aidenn's rebirth of the mortal realm, Alekhthaeos' imprisonment in the forgotten temple deep in Elven lands, the creation of The One - Guardian of Light and Gatekeeper to the mortal realm, later named Apothos; Vessel of Life. (Avatar of life, a fragile mortal shell housing the immortal spirit of Life itself, from which all living matter radiates. Eventually gains sentience and keeps the world from blowing up - again), and a whole bunch of other stuff that's just part of the actual main storyline. That's not even getting into sideplots, other races, nations, religions, even other pantheons from other planes of existence. :P

...oh God. I had no idea of the amount of effort that was being put into the backstory of this RP before I jumped in. Feel fairly disgusted with my own character sheet all of a sudden. -_- Gonna have to redo my character history, personality and other such paraphernalia at some stage. Not quite yet, though - need to see your recent history in other, nearby lands before I'll commit anything to writing before I make some kind of faux pas.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:00 pm »

Yeah. :P Like I said, the story is based off of the Fantasy novel series I've been working on for a few years. I've got languages, gods, religions, geography, wars, politics, factions, assassins, nomadic cultures, and all sorts of goodies.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »

And now I feel bad for being busy. But :| , I can't do too much for it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

Its alright, I've been busy too.

are you still joining? As long as you have a character, I can always just skip you when you don't post. I don't believe in waiting, you can always catch up later. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 08:28:14 pm »

I had an idea for a mage-blacksmith of somekind, but not much more than that. I could probably fill in a basic thing for him tonight if you have an idea where to put him for now, though. Give me a strange mood or something that would have me be busy making magic weapons in the background.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:29:49 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »

Mage-smith? You could be an associate my guy met during his escape or someone from the same guild. Anyway, you don't really need a really long description anyway. The only reason I made a huge description in the first place was to make it easier to understand my character. I mean, can you really imagine how a lizardman got a golem and got it in working order?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »

I could be the guy who fixed the golem afterwards.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12