Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: WorldForge: Fantasy RP (Hiatus atm)  (Read 9797 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: WorldForge: Fantasy RP~
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2011, 08:39:56 pm »

Not really. If so, there are very, very few.

The Imperium pissed them off so much (ahh, Xenophobia...) that the Tau pretty much immediately attack most Imperial planets now. (I think...)

And what would the other faction pretty much destined to win, according to you?

The Imperial Guard? Sheer weight of numbers combined with massive armor?
The Space Marines? Extreme specialization?
The Chaos Daemons? Extreme offence?
The Eldar? (See Space Marine entry)
The Necrons? (See Space Marine entry)
The Orks? (See Chaos Daemon entry)
The Tau? Balanced forces?
The Dark Eldar? (See Chaos Daemon entry)

Who?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »

Necrons. Hard to kill. Near limitless resources. All over the galaxy, working on closing off the Warp, and they have the C'tan. Of couse from what I hear, they are getting a major downgrade...In which case, Chaos is  the other faction destined to win since they also have limitless resources...only problem with them is that they rely on humans too much.

And about the Imperial Guardsmen-Tau thing: They have relatively few, but they have some. From what I remember, the governors of some worlds switched their alleigance to the Tau since the Imperium was busy. That and the Tau were pointing their weaponry at them.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:56:42 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2011, 08:57:29 pm »

...How did this turn into a 40K thread again? Think I missed somethin'. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

...How did this turn into a 40K thread again? Think I missed somethin'. :P
Lack of starting due to Ehndras lacking luck and/or disease immunity combined with apparent 40k fans and talking about someones avatar being related to a retconned being.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2011, 09:02:47 pm »

Meh, this and the SoT threads are OOC threads until they update to me.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »

Agreed.

And WH40K is one of the best games known to man.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:40 am »

So is this officially dead now? If it does not start soon then I will be quitting.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »

I might cut down to 5-6 characters to make it manageable. 9 people is way too much.

One way or another, I'm starting it. If not the complex way, I'll start it off simple like a standard LP to at least get things moving.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2011, 06:43:12 pm »

*poke poke*

I don't mind if I am one of the removed ones (Until later on, hopefully!)

*poke*

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

I'm not too optimistic that this will ever start at this point. I'd like to un-sign up, although I might be willing to play again if this actually starts sometime in the future.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:19 pm »

I'm not, either. I've had it in stasis for a while now as I try to figure out what the hell is going on with my life.

I'm keeping it in stasis for a little longer because my creativity has been in the shitter for a month know. I haven't written absolutely ANYTHING, which is a bad sign for my mental state hehe. No way in hell I can RP if I'm not in a state to write. Thankfully, as of two days ago, I randomly started reading again and have already ready a good 3,000 pages from 1) A Warhammer book you lot weirdly made me decide to pick up and really, really enjoy, and 2) The entire Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, about Seelie, Unseelie, shades, Fae gods, and all kinds of fun gruesome yet erotic storyline fluff. Good stuff.

For the record, the Warhammer book that randomly caught my eye that I've been reading is Ravenor The Omibus, by Dan Abnett. 891 pages, apparently 3 different stories/books about Ravenor. Really interesting so far, he's already died in a blaze of glory once after finding some weird artifact that when pronounced makes people hemorrhage or downright explode in a gory mess ((My Fallout/DF senses are tingling)), got his plane shot down in a massive raging firefight brought on by him being ambushed and his mates killed, and now he's on some hellhole Imperial planet hunting the bastard who killed his crew, and more.

Never bothered to pick up anything from Warhammer 'til now, even though it all sounds interesting, and I've got to say this is some pretty good stuff. The writing styles are very reminiscent of mine; big words, deep meaning, and burst-fire emotions betwixt the two. :D
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »

I'm not, either. I've had it in stasis for a while now as I try to figure out what the hell is going on with my life.

I'm keeping it in stasis for a little longer because my creativity has been in the shitter for a month know. I haven't written absolutely ANYTHING, which is a bad sign for my mental state hehe. No way in hell I can RP if I'm not in a state to write. Thankfully, as of two days ago, I randomly started reading again and have already ready a good 3,000 pages from 1) A Warhammer book you lot weirdly made me decide to pick up and really, really enjoy, and 2) The entire Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, about Seelie, Unseelie, shades, Fae gods, and all kinds of fun gruesome yet erotic storyline fluff. Good stuff.

For the record, the Warhammer book that randomly caught my eye that I've been reading is Ravenor The Omibus, by Dan Abnett. 891 pages, apparently 3 different stories/books about Ravenor. Really interesting so far, he's already died in a blaze of glory once after finding some weird artifact that when pronounced makes people hemorrhage or downright explode in a gory mess ((My Fallout/DF senses are tingling)), got his plane shot down in a massive raging firefight brought on by him being ambushed and his mates killed, and now he's on some hellhole Imperial planet hunting the bastard who killed his crew, and more.

Never bothered to pick up anything from Warhammer 'til now, even though it all sounds interesting, and I've got to say this is some pretty good stuff. The writing styles are very reminiscent of mine; big words, deep meaning, and burst-fire emotions betwixt the two. :D

You can read 1,500 pages a day?  :o I could if I were to read for 24 hours but... I probably couldn't read for 24 hours straight
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »

You can read 1,500 pages a day?  :o I could if I were to read for 24 hours but... I probably couldn't read for 24 hours straight

My father taught me to read when I was 5 years old. It was that and old movies that I shared with my father as he was dying of lung cancer. When he died on June 25th, 2000, I retreated into an emotional and psychological shell and turned to books as my solace. From 8 and a half years old to 14, I would read 1,000 to 2,000 pages a day throughout the day, every day. I would read every waking moment when I had the chance. I read every book in my hometown and school's library, went through my father's entire collectiojhn in a month, and then when my mother contracted stomach cancer, I discovered the wonders of the internet and retreated even deeper into myself. From there,  I spent years researching absolutely everything on the internet, until my depression and anxiety disorders because too great. Since about 16 and a half, I've barely read or researched anything. To be honest, I feel like I've become dumber since I was that age. Between work, relationships, and bills, I've always been too stressed to return to my former activities... Roleplay games are my way of coming to terms with my creativity and desire to read and write.

For someone who was deemed a genius at the age of 10, I feel like a fucking retard sometimes. I really deeply miss the innocence of my childhood. Though I've gotten much better emotionally and psychologically, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something integral. Something utterly imperative to my sanity...

*shrug*

Eh, life's a bitch, so fuck it.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2011, 05:18:54 pm »

I'm keeping it in stasis for a little longer because my creativity has been in the shitter for a month now. I haven't written absolutely ANYTHING, which is a bad sign for my mental state hehe. No way in hell I can RP if I'm not in a state to write. Thankfully, as of two days ago, I randomly started reading again and have already ready a good 3,000 pages from 1) A Warhammer book you lot weirdly made me decide to pick up and really, really enjoy, and 2) The entire Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, about Seelie, Unseelie, shades, Fae gods, and all kinds of fun gruesome yet erotic storyline fluff. Good stuff.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »

My father taught me to read when I was 5 years old. It was that and old movies that I shared with my father as he was dying of lung cancer. When he died on June 25th, 2000, I retreated into an emotional and psychological shell and turned to books as my solace. From 8 and a half years old to 14, I would read 1,000 to 2,000 pages a day throughout the day, every day. I would read every waking moment when I had the chance. I read every book in my hometown and school's library, went through my father's entire collectiojhn in a month, and then when my mother contracted stomach cancer, I discovered the wonders of the internet and retreated even deeper into myself. From there,  I spent years researching absolutely everything on the internet, until my depression and anxiety disorders because too great. Since about 16 and a half, I've barely read or researched anything. To be honest, I feel like I've become dumber since I was that age. Between work, relationships, and bills, I've always been too stressed to return to my former activities... Roleplay games are my way of coming to terms with my creativity and desire to read and write.

For someone who was deemed a genius at the age of 10, I feel like a fucking retard sometimes. I really deeply miss the innocence of my childhood. Though I've gotten much better emotionally and psychologically, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something integral. Something utterly imperative to my sanity...

*shrug*

Eh, life's a bitch, so fuck it.

You sound like a natural savant of the highest echelon, in need of equilibrium. Move to India with me and become a shramana for a spell. :P

In all seriousness, have you tried rigorous asceticism, maybe considered monasticism? It might help you rediscover and contrast with your "self."
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12