Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Disappointing Forgotten Beasts  (Read 2775 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disappointing Forgotten Beasts
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:47 pm »

I have gotten two Diametrodons one spewed poisonous one had a poisonous bite i also had a Forgotten Beast made of Crystal Glass and a Fire Forgotten beast. I kept them all down in the caverns in fear they would destroy me. Then when i was building a trap for the Forgotten Fire beast... he came too soon and the bridge was not pulled fast enough in time. I sent the Dwarves down and they died in a matter of seconds. No poisonous gas the only thing that happened was my Miltia Commander killed the Fire Forgotten Beast began to melt and then decided Melting was for sissy dwarfs and went and lobbed two other forgotten beasts in half from the lower body. No diseases either i was kind of disappointed to say the least. Should i expect a hardcore beast coming to kill me soon?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:50:28 pm by Kromgar »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointing Forgotten Beasts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:46 pm »

Not everyone can get steel firebreathing GDS's.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »

I just want to watch my greatest fighter sweat pus and blood while his flesh begins rotting

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »

I just want to watch my greatest fighter sweat pus and blood while his flesh begins rotting
I suppose if you modd in more horrible animals into your game, your chances of getting a better one would improve.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »

I suppose if you modd in more horrible animals into your game, your chances of getting a better one would improve.

Alt tab  for a second and  i come back. A hairy towering salamander three horns and deadly spittle. WELP

Frozen Extract misses dead in nano seconds... Waiting till the sieges for fun.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:14:40 pm by Kromgar »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:43:57 pm »

I once got a FB made of snow, with no special attacks whatsoever.

Yeah.

Turns out that it was immune to magma, though. I'm guessing snow and ice forgotten beasts have fixed temperatures so they don't melt even WITHOUT magma, making them temperature-immune.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:01:32 pm »

I once got a FB made of snow, with no special attacks whatsoever.

Yeah.

Turns out that it was immune to magma, though. I'm guessing snow and ice forgotten beasts have fixed temperatures so they don't melt even WITHOUT magma, making them temperature-immune.

Yup.

[FIXED_TEMP:9990] (22F or -6C), just like your fridge freezer.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 08:09:12 pm »

How do you know the number? Is there a way to read the tags of procedurally-generated creatures? I couldn't find anything in regionx/raw/objects.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

How do you know the number? Is there a way to read the tags of procedurally-generated creatures? I couldn't find anything in regionx/raw/objects.
You need to decompress the saves or so i hear

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:28:13 pm »

If you're wanting some terrible beasties, you can mod in regular creatures of large size, bodies of iron, and poisonous burning blood.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:51:32 pm »

I forgot what kind of forgotten beast mine was, but I remember that it had wings and some sort of breath attack.
I just made a new squad with mostly iron weapons, and one copper sword, so I figured I'd send them in to kill it, just to see what they can do.
Novice (Copper) swordsdwarf gets there before anyone else, kills it in one hit. No injuries or anything.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:19 am »

my first FB was nothing special, either: blob of water, round shell.  Did nothing beyond chill out in the cavern.  I nicknamed him Drippy.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:40 am »

A quadruped made out of stone. My spearman killed it without any harm.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:53 am »

First was a firebreathing flying quadruped made of fire. Spawned in water, annoying fps drop. Flew up my gaveyard shaft into the most active area. Military collides, two die nearly instantly and some civs panic when he breathes. Last military finises him with a training weapon.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

ulan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 02:06:58 am »

My first was an albatross, killed my best fighter from its paralyzing spittle and killed maybe 3 other dwarfs,  but it was killed in a staircase before it reached anything important

couldnt even find its body or anything
Pages: [1] 2