Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19554 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »

Whenever everyone is ready feel free to post a world action. I'll just be stalking Wei Lung for as long as I can hopefully until morning (the car is unique, so that helps). Zako, could you say if I manage to follow you? If Wei wants to attempt a negotiation (assuming he already knows of Subject 187) or start a fight he can, but that would probably happen the next day anyways.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:57:14 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »

Hmmm... True, the super-organ I talked about would have to give out some kind of energy for Wei to move blood like that. The concept of super energy being run through whatever is being manipulated sounds both practical and cool to me, as well as fitting with the nullifiers effects. I think that this is a good template for future inhibitors. Let's just say that these ones were a basic prototype. Buster labs still haven't completely got the whole inhibitor thing down, and these look like they have been stolen. Also, having the nullifiers disable this super energy also helps to determine how they can distinguish supers from normal people. Thanks!

Powder, HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS? Tell us what you are capable of instead of presuming we can read your mind. It would really help, y'know? Plus, consider this: A tornado in real life can make a stalk of wheat punch through a brick wall. No kidding. I think that it is only reasonable, for Wei to super compact blood into a sharp stake and fling it very fast that it would be capable of punching through tank armour. The projectile has both the mass and the energy to do this. It makes sense to me. If it makes you feel better, he has to put quite a bit of effort into it to achieve such speeds. And it's not my fault that you guys decided to make a bloodbath, only for me to take advantage of it and carry the blood with me afterwards. I'm a villain, taking advantage is what I do!

Wei doesn't work for anyone, he is completely independant. He has worked for others in the past, but he is currently doing this for himself. He can see you running after him, and unless you make a sign that you want to talk, he will presume that you are after him and take appropiate action.

Of course the inhibitors won't work on Gun man, he is basically a human that is using advanced technology. Just be careful of EMP's.

I'm fine with him dissapearing the inhibitors, they were broken anyway. They should only give out the disabling effect when properly working.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:31 pm »

Wei doesn't work for anyone, he is completely independant. He has worked for others in the past, but he is currently doing this for himself. He can see you running after him, and unless you make a sign that you want to talk, he will presume that you are after him and take appropriate action.

Negotiation fight anyone? Nothing says business like discussing terms over a knuckle sandwich. No really.

Besides signalling would be some serious meta-gaming. Unless I think I can trust someone randomly who tried to kill me only moments before and 187 isn't very trusting of people.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2011, 12:02:14 am »

Negotiation fight it is! Bring both your terms and your muscles to the table, LETS DO THIS.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2011, 12:32:45 am »

Hooboy, busy for a couple days and already I'm waaaaay out of the loop, though I've since caught up.

It's pretty obvious that I'm going to need a new character, though, for a variety of reasons.  :P

We need more villains/anti-heroes, though, and I think I can make
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
work, though I'll probably wait until people get closer to the Evil Madman of the Week's lair (or at a world post) to post.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:32 am »

You can always reroll if you absolutely must, I suppose. What type of immortality is it exactly?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2011, 10:50:13 am »

And now, Arthur is broadcasting his own thoughts.

There is also a new TV station named "stuff that Arthur sees" and a new web site containing every piece of knowledge he has. It is quite good that noone knows Arthurs IP address.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2011, 11:57:47 am »

I'm trapped at the university until midnight over here (astronomy lab), so I think I'll finish the picture of Kine and post it.

As for immortality as a power. Go for it. Though you'd take as much damage as a normal person and would probably pass out frequently from the pain. I agree it isn't that powerful, but you also have to consider that you'd have no other powers to make use of it. You might be able to get away with a Deadpool-esqe character (recklessness, guns, and acrobatics).

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »

[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2011, 02:31:42 pm »

As for lack of bad guys, Karl isnt a true good or bad guy... depending on circumstances. Anyway, If the next world update/day allows it, Hes off back for a de-gunking before reacting to whatever crazy shit occurs next.
This is a blank sig.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2011, 05:32:14 pm »

The pebble thing? Rea it from the beginning. I posted him increasing the pebbles, and I believe I laid it out. THat is how you are supposed to know.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:05 pm »

Here is the picture of Kine using Furtuka's drawing as a template:

Probably could have done better shading on the pants, but it looks good as is. I was nearly done Kiyako, but I'll wait for the new character and modify the image to fit.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »

Wow. *thumbs up*

In related news I drew some more pictures. I feel like I messed up on the Kathryn one...

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kathryn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wei Lung (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2011, 07:38:52 am »

I'm not about to hold up a world post. Zako and I will have to catch up.

EDIT: Am I right in assuming this is all happening in the US? I was mainly wondering because Karl would have army insignias in one or two places (shoulder plating mainly).

What kind of colour/pattern does Karl wear?

EDIT2: While it is matte black would you like any urban digital camo or shiny metal plates anywhere?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:01:36 am by The Fool »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2011, 10:14:50 am »

Oh my god... I'm suddenly in love with your drawing skills. Thats almost exactly how I pictured him! I was wondering if I should give his suit a slight pinstripe, but I take that back! Completely! The only things you can improve on are his eyes, which can be a little bit smaller and bloodshot, and his shoes and tie, which should both be black.

Otherwise, drawing like a boss!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39