Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19568 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:38 pm »

Actually I don't think it would be too powerful if it is written in a non-broken way. The way I was going to write the power was that it pays a significant toll on his body (ie shreading a lung, minor stomach bleeding, or temporary blindness). I intended destruction to be a last resort, not to mention I would scale the damage with what he does. Destroy a person, take from the examples. Destroy something bigger and you might take some permanent damage. Anything bigger than a toolshed I'd say would fail.

I'm a fan of Marvel comics. Heroes have to pay dearly for the better powers. Phoenix had the same power, and she had to fight her sanity. I figured a physical toll would be more power limiting.

EDIT: You can also Omnilock key villians to avoid power abuse on my behalf.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:57:38 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »

I had some spare time during school today and I drew a few pictures of some of the characters and then messed around with the colors in photoshop when I got home

Spoiler: Rick? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miyako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zeox (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »

Here is my character starting story until the power is set in stone:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Furtuka, would you mind if I detail your drawings (greyscale and colour)? I'll try my best to stick to the original if I do.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 10:53:29 pm »

BAM! I just posted a villian in the game. It needed more of them anyway, and I feel somewhat proud of Wei since he seems to be what I imagine a sadistic, power hungry villain might be like. He's rich, powerful and above all, dangerous. Plus, he follows his own goals, even if they are against that of the larger number of super heroes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 10:56:12 pm »

Quote from: The Fool link=topic=93147.msg2617505#msg2617505 date=
Furtuka, would you mind if I detail your drawings (greyscale and colour)? I'll try my best to stick to the original if I do.

Sure
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:25 am »

For Rick, Miyako, Kine, and Zeox if you want any changes or details just either PM me or post it. Colour suggestions and clothing designs (logos, etc.) would be appreciated though not needed. Major changes are possible if requested.

If you like the drawing as is I'll just detail it. Might take a while for me to finish the pictures though. University is a time sink, and I'm still not very efficient. I'll at least have one if not more ready by the end of the week.

I'm not exactly sure how a villain is suppose to fight heroes. I suppose for those cases we might introduce RTD rolls. Would be nice to keep this simple though.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 06:10:51 am »

Well In terms of changes and color it might be better to ask the creators of the other characters.

For Zeox his outfit is mostly black And the markings are red
It's FEF, not FEOF

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 06:13:45 am »

I'm not exactly sure how a villain is suppose to fight heroes. I suppose for those cases we might introduce RTD rolls. Would be nice to keep this simple though.
Why would we need rolls?

This is an RP game. Hell, I wasnt actually expecting anyone to GM or anything. All other RPs I have taken part in have been completely freeform.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 06:34:27 am »

Why would we need rolls?

This is an RP game. Hell, I wasnt actually expecting anyone to GM or anything. All other RPs I have taken part in have been completely freeform.

I agree with cerapa here. Basically the two of you role-play fighting each other until someone decides to lose or give up. Or until something happens to interrupt the fight. The idea is to be creative and keep in mind which actions would affect the plot in the most entertaining way. Rolls would be somewhat opposite of the whole point of it being freefrom
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:40:16 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2011, 08:39:22 am »

Erm, I sort of made a post about something like that a little while back. . .that was likely ignored, as per the usual standard with me. . .sigh. . . EDIT: Kine wears blue jeans and a navy blue jacket/hoodie. When he is getting ready for combat, he goes shirtless. His tentacles are black and have somewhat large stingers on them. He also only has 6 tentacles, and they are just large and heavy enough to bludgeon someone to death if need be.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:46:14 am by jc6036 »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 09:00:20 am »

I'm new to the concept of freeform games. I guess taking the freeform out of the freeform isn't a good idea. In that case I'll stick to matter manipulation, because insta-killing another player is frowned upon in nearly every game. I'll add more to his story and write in an action later today.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 09:03:02 am »

You could always abject to using your power to casue death directly on moral reasons... this doesnt mean people wont die if you dissapear the bridge from under them by accident though...
This is a blank sig.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:59 am »

Can you draw Powder Talented Miner? He has light brown hair like my avatar.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:17 am »

You could always abject to using your power to casue death directly on moral reasons... this doesnt mean people wont die if you dissapear the bridge from under them by accident though...

But the ability to turn anything into something else is equally fun. Touch the ground and spikes erupt outward. Run away to higher ground, because the floor is lava, etc. I'll try and keep the harsh penalties. Nothing says awesome like fighting for your life as a hero.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

I am constantly confused by the fact that there are 2 Jameses

And I never really thought about the implications of someone who can compromise every single modern communications method. I get the feeling I really dont need full on technopathy. But it really seems I dont have much to do besides screwing around.

I also find the fact that in english, every I must be a large, to be extremely odd.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:31:39 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39