Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19482 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2011, 12:21:35 pm »

Fniff, any chance you can respond as the Doctor to Lex's statement? I wouldn't mind a fight with his corruption, but he would have to want a cure. Otherwise I'll be fighting a demi-god that can body-hop. Fun.

EDIT: To anyone who wants to join, anyone want a summary of what is happening?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:55:13 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2011, 01:03:19 pm »

With all the stuff happening lately, I think I need a summary.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2011, 01:34:45 pm »

All right then. The story started with an attack on the city by someone named the Beast Master when he sent out a mob of gorillas. Once the supers were gathered vans drove up and attempted a snatch and grab of any supers. We responded with deadly force and all the vans were destroyed despite Wei Lung's attempt to deter people using a wall of blood knives. As it turns out there were power inhibitors in some of the vans, they were prototypes of the more powerful Buster-made inhibitors. This meant that there was a chance that the Busters were involved in the attack. The attack was stopped in a rather violent way increasing tensions between the supers and the normal people. One of the supers, James Kine, attempted to form a radicalist group to make a place in the city for supers to live in peace.

The next day one of the supers (now named Lex) attempted to show up for the first meeting of the group only to find trucks with the same logo-work as the vans that attempted the snatch and grab the day before. He followed the vans and ended up at the dockyard, which was heavily fortified with turrets and security forces. Wanting to find the person who made him for revenge he entered the compound violently. The commotion made Kine call off the meeting for now and he waited for the super to come out in an attempt to recruit him and anyone else involved. Lex got to the elevator where two demi-god figures had just met, one of which was Lex's creator. Unable to keep up with the figures he retreated while Wei Lung dived past the demi-gods and down the elevator to the underground of the dockyard. Wei Lung found an immortal super and fought her. He won in a gruesome fashion. He met up with Beastmaster after looting his labs only to find that he was making an army of superbeasts. Wei Lung dispatched three with ease, but an army would prove to be problematic...

While Lex retreated to reshape himself in an attempt to become an equal to the demi-gods the demi-gods themselves moved to the Armorforge complex. Some hours later an explosion at the Armorforge building gathered the attention of a lot of supers, including James Kine, who left the dockyard. The demi-god of chaos, nicknamed Jules, was behind the explosion. It seems as if Jules was out to spread a new plague across the city to kill all the humans. The heroes gathered around the explosion site within the Armorforge complex including Booster One who was called in to contain the situation. The heroes clashed with Jules killing his bodily form, but he returned in another form. The Doctor (Lex's creator), the demi-god of order, was gathering forces to help clear the plague out by burning any biomass anywhere, including any humans attempting to flee. Lex met him in the radio tower only to find out that the Doctor was corrupted by chaos, and that he would have to fight him. After a brief fight Lex removed all limb control from the Doctor and set him out to burn by the Doctor's own subordinates. After the Doctor died Lex left the now burning radio tower and headed towards Jules. The fight was interrupted when Zeox came flying in on a motorcycle, jumped off, and punched Jules with a !!Falcon Punch!! As Jules died he spoke of a mysterious MESSIAH project. We know nothing other than the name.

That should be the plotline so far up to Day 3. I don't think I missed too much. Hopefully this isn't too confusing, because it will only get longer.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:48:28 am by The Fool »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2011, 01:39:39 pm »

You forgot the political stuff with Arnold Powers going on in the background
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2011, 01:44:26 pm »

We haven't really set any of that in stone. Besides, it isn't immediately important and it may even change. I personally didn't like the whole Arnold Powers as a psychotic CEO. I should have mentioned the Boosters though. I'll edit that in.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2011, 01:44:58 pm »

You mean the Busters
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2011, 01:49:40 pm »

I think I'll just edit that post and just link to it whenever we need an update. And I'll change my obvious spelling mistake. Sorry.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2011, 01:54:51 pm »

Bleh, hate being so slow to post. Part of it's because I prefer to add a bit of overlap with the previous post to show events from a different perspective and to add context to the post, but I'm sure it's mostly due to me obsessive/compulsively checking it over to weed out any typos, errors, or inconsistencies for, like, half an hour.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »

Booster-One not Buster One. But everything seems alright. Also Kine I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Demon form tentacles thing :/
Raggle Fraggle

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2011, 02:23:09 pm »

Technically, it's Kilian's true form. But yeah, I can see why someone would have problems. All the form does is give Kine more damage resistance and strength,  is all. It also gives authority. And even for those little boosts, it can have severe penalties for Kine. Can you state what your general problem with the Demon Form is please? Because if it's bothering another player, it needs to change.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2011, 02:26:01 pm »

Personally I dont have much of a problem with it.

But I assume its just the random transformation. Its just a bit random and there wasnt really anything that even hinted towards it earlier.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2011, 02:30:05 pm »

Does anyone else motion to have it become nightime to show the passage of time as so much stuff has happened?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2011, 02:34:15 pm »

Aye, the more time passes the better, since I will most likely only post once enough time has passed for Rick to learn about the crystals and pathogen.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2011, 02:35:12 pm »

Aye.

What do we do now anyway? Go for the central park?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »

Yes, perchance it did seem random. . . .I did have the idea of the transformation brewing since the start of the game though. . .and Kilian did tell Kine about it during one of the "Revelation" speeches, so it wasn't too random. Ah well, whats done is done. My bad.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39