Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19560 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2011, 01:00:06 am »

What? I don't entirely get your question.

It's a freeform game, there are no inventories or skillslot type things. You can do whatever you want so long as you don't go godmoding
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2011, 01:23:43 am »

I take it back. Zako, how you're using your powers is reasonable. I mean your the only villain player, and anyone that is moving can move out of the way of a wall by running like hell, flying away, or just improvising some kind of armour or obstruction. It's not like he is hunting everyone personally.

With that said there should be some limitation. Doesn't need to be as excessive as needing to recharge frequently or die (used powers a few times, and then spent a few minutes absorbing stuff), but there needs to be something that stops you from cloud-killing everyone (which is why destruction was not alright for a power). If you look at the blood manipulator from Darker than Black you'll notice that he only can use his own blood as a weapon, which in turn slowly kills him since he's bleeding all over the place. Just a good example of balance considering how dangerous of a character he was.

I don't mean to be so serious in a freeform game. Sorry. Please ignore this if you disagree.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:29:47 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2011, 01:47:28 am »

It's not really all that broken, the blades are only millimeters thick and the wall is only reaching across the street not a whole block. Plus the wall isn't that thick or homing, I'm just basically flailing the blades across the street quickly, due to the small amount of blood they each individually have. It's not the perfect defense, that power armored guy can walk through it easy or powder can make a rock shelter if it's thick enough. Use your imagination, like you going through a wall.

If you MUST have a limitation how about this: I can only manipulate blood in a certain range, say 50 to 100 meters? This can be adjustable to what everyone feels like. Plus you can take into consideration that Wei has been doing this sort of thing for years, so he has gotten pretty good at it. Plus, I can always have a limit to how much blood I can control if needed.

Edit: ninja'd
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:52:15 am by Zako »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:48 am »

How about 0-200m, but you need to see the blood? I couldn't imagine manipulating something you can't see. As for the amount of blood, I don't have an issue with that. If we make a bloodbath it's just karma dropping in to say hello; kind of like it is now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2011, 02:31:05 am »

I agree with the distance, that seems fair. I was hoping to be able to manipulate the blood inside other people without being able to see it though. How about for manipulating blood inside people without them bleeding or something, they have to be much closer to me, say, 30 to 50 meters? For blood I can see though, normal range applies.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2011, 10:06:35 am »

I now claim blue for my own as a sign that something is told by Arthur. Even though others might not necessarily know that, as he can pretend to be anyone simply by manipulating the radio signals to sound like someone else.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2011, 10:14:55 am »

Wei Lung will hate fighting my character IMO. You couldn't use your powers on his blood since it isn't really blood, more of a fluoride/carbon based acid. Who knew being an experiment could be so handy.

We need to wrap up this day, or have something else happen soon. The vans are gone, now all that is left to finish is the fight between Wei Lung and the others. I think I'll wait until the fight starts before joining since I already spent some time since the wall appeared.

EDIT: BTW the spike bomb is more like the spike grenade of the Resistance series. Orb floats up and explodes into hundreds of tiny spikes that puncture everything around them.

EDIT2: Now that Wei Lung has left the field of battle, and all 5 vans have been stopped I think that this day is nearing an end. I don't think we would have much to write on if this day continues for much longer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:32:15 pm by The Fool »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2011, 07:18:01 pm »

True, you do have an advantage against me. Lucky you.  ;)

Just gonna wait for the gunman to make a reply before leaving with a quip. Goddamn I love being an evil son of a bitch.  :D

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2011, 07:20:21 pm »

That's the first time in James' life he's really in danger.

He's gonna hate Wei Lung after that. Like, alot.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2011, 07:26:22 pm »

Join the line buddy. You aren't the only one.

And to your characters rage, Wei just gives a trollface in return. He is evil, and loving it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2011, 07:31:32 pm »

Well, James is'nt exactly the kind of good guy who's going to say "Surrender now and you won't stay in prison for long!" like all these heroes from the cartoons. He's more like that: "Surrender now and I will make your death quick and painless!". He's going to search the man who did this to him, find him, and then try to kill him.

It's gonna be fun  :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2011, 07:35:55 pm »

And Wei is the type of villain who doesn't intend on getting caught. He will probably skewer James while he is still talking and then rip him apart from the inside out.

I'm looking forward to this already! Am I doing well with this character?

Edit: and I'm goooooone! So long suckas!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:56:43 pm by Zako »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »

Er, when you said Wei flipped cars onto the gunman, did you mean Alex (who is holding a gun), or the guy in power armor with The Gun?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:53:58 pm by Draxis »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2011, 08:52:40 pm »

Zako, I hope that you don't grow too attached to your character, because it seems to me that he's going to piss some very powerful supers off that will go after him just generally rip him apart. But thats what you get when you turn bay 12ers into super heroes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

He's a villain, it's what he is supposed to do. People generally don't like him, and he's okay with that. I just gotta play smart, and I should last for quite awhile.

And I meant the guy with the power armour with The Gun. Somewhat stupid name for it, but whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39