Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 63699 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 4.28pm: Multistaff Announcement!
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2011, 09:16:59 pm »

Reequip FIST OF RAGE. Then go to the cat-woman, and offer to walk her home.

I'll be impressed if you can reequip your arm that just blew off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: Evening!
« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2011, 09:52:55 am »

Monday Evening

Reequip FIST OF RAGE. Then go to the cat-woman, and offer to walk her home.

Cursing loudly to sustain your anger, you attempt to reequip your FIST OF RAGE [1]. Your other fist explodes!

Remembering Jan’s earlier offer, you go to find her and offer to walk her home. She accepts, although she’s a little concerned by your appearance [5].

Morale Drop! Got no hands!
Morale Drop! This hurts!
Morale Drop! Extreme bleeding!
Morale Boost! Nice walk home!

Failure Rating: 19.
Morale: -9.

Drag self home, ripping people apart with the chain-katana handle.

You drag yourself home, trailing blood behind you from your gory stumps. Along the way nearly every one crosses the road or walks faster to avoid you, but not far from your home you manage to stealthily crawl up to a passing pedestrian [5]. You rip him into tiny pieces with your chain-katana handle! He is viciously struck down! You rush home before anyone tries to restrain you.

Morale Boost! Powder Woodcutter: No-Legged Dwarven Murderer!!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your left leg!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your right leg!
Morale Drop! No CHAIN-KATANA!

Failure Rating: 49.
Morale: 3.

Powder Woodcutter has gone more berserk.

Warning! Warning! You have reached ULTRAFAIL! At this level of incompetence, all GenCorp staff are encouraged to slay you mercilessly and will receive tax-free cash and Morale bonuses for doing so! You will not be fired!

"Heh heh heh... Oh jeez, time to go!"

Danny glanced up, saw the clock, got up and printed off a few copies of his 'work', then headed out, tucking the pages into a pocket/jacket/pants. Hey, not too bad for his first day, right? He'd only been horribly injured about... Well, he couldn't remember how many times, but he was still alive, so whatever.

He'll wave happily to any co-workers, provided they don't attempt to murder him, and will nervously avoid any mutilated corpses or other signs of destruction. Yes, even if it means going quite far out of his way; this workplace is like that.

Once home, here's Danny's Mental To-Do list:

1) Say hi to flatmates, apply ancient bag of frozen peas from the freezer to various bruises, shower and get over the horrible trials of his first day at work.
2) Contact his laid-back, sunglass-wearing friend, Rick, who claims to be a big-shot in the film industry, (which is why he never does any real work) and enquire as to how he'd go about publishing his totally-awesome screenplay. Rick can probably be found hanging out at the Employment office.
3) Check fridge/freezer of apartment for any food; fry it up. Eat.
4) Collapse and start snoring. Wait not before setting out everything for work tomor- Aw, crap.

You print off the ‘minutes’ to ‘check’ at home, still chuckling over that last scene with the chamber pot, and successfully make your way home [4].  You say hi to your horrified flatmates, explain that it’s all ok actually, not as bad as it looks, and apply frozen peas to some of your wounds before getting cleaned up [4]. That’s better. Before dinner you pop to the local Employment office to see if Rick’s hanging out – he is! He reads your script, nearly bent double with laughter the whole time, and promises to ring in the morning once he’s had time to speak to this producer he knows or something [5].

It’s getting pretty late when you finally get home, but you have time to ransack the apartment for food and fry it up: you create a massive feast! You eat it all! You flatmates will hate you when they get back, but who cares! You feel a massive surge of mighty power [6]. You fall asleep at the table, face first in the remains on the plate. They’re definitely going to hate you. But who cares! You feel tremendously rested! You feel cured of depression!

Morale Boost! Feel a bit better!
Morale Boost! Perhaps you’ll be famous!
Morale Boost! MIGHTY POWER!
Morale Boost! Tremendous rest!

Failure Rating: 20.
Morale: -8.

Tracy tries desperately to stop the blood from streaming down her face. Scooping up her ear she proceeds to elbow her way out the door and then runs to the closest ER to get her ear sowed back on. She'll probably end up spending the night in the hospital... :(

Squealing, you stop the blood streaming down your face with most of the rest of the first aid kit and grab your ear. You smash open the door and run straight to the nearby hospital, rudely barging past the waiting sick.

“My ear! My ear!”

Much to your surprise you’re seen to immediately [5] – what doctor doesn’t like a good bit of ear replacement? Mine did, and yours does too! It’s sewn back on and looks as good as new! You get home in time to eat quite well and get to bed quite early. After the day you’ve had, it’s about all you want to do.

Morale Boost! They fixed your ear!

Failure Rating: 42.
Morale: -13.

Warning! Your morale level indicates that you are close to depression. This will affect your ability to work.

Warning! You have reached MEGAFAIL! You are NOT IMPORTANT enough to be fired by BRUCE HALFORD HIMSELF, although you ARE blessed to have seen him. Your Morale is NEGATIVELY affected by your impending unemployment.

Break more laws of teh physics via a Aperture Science Portal Gun in my hands and thinking with Portals to get home, and when i do get home I do surgery on myself and fixing my body.

You're not exactly sure what happened, but suddenly you're at home! With a strange device in your hands! You get your home surgery kit and out and fix yourself up, and although you unsmash your crotch, you seem to have misplaced your foot [6]. But you feel much better anyway! Perhaps teh physics is broken!

Morale Boost! Unsmashed crotch!
Morale Boost! Unsmashed knees!

Item Acquired! GenCorp Science Portal Gun!

Failure Rating: 7.

Walk home past the gym gazing into the female aerobics class as I go.

You head home for a well-earned break and the rest of that lovely lasagne you cooked at the weekend, and you take the route past the gym so you can ogle the 18-24 Female Only Aerobics class on the way. Oh hell yes. You even notice the lamppost just as you're about to walk into it!

Morale Boost! Oh hell yes!

Task Assigned Attend licensed janitor accreditation morning tomorrow!

Failure Rating: 4.
Morale: 4.

...         ...         ...         ...         ...         ...

It's Tuesday! Rise and Shine and Stuff! You need to get to work promptly so you can participate in what Bruce Halford would only refer to as "Stage Two of the Selection Process"!

How do you get to work, oh faithful GenCorp employees?

Edit: missed an "r".
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:04:02 am by lawastooshort »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2011, 11:56:37 am »

By using adventure mode travel of course! And as we all know, all wounds are healed when you travel in adventure mode.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »

Danny attempts to actually wake up in time for the bus... And then have a nice breakfast at a cafe by the bus stop before catching it. He's employed now! He's hit the big time! He can have breakfast!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »

Cancel go to work: too insane, and happen to path to work at the same time I was supposed to be, to kill stuff. Also, SWITCH ALL THE LEVERS!

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:01 am »

Why I take my pushbike of course, making sure to dint the door on my brothers car on the way out for hacking my website.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2011, 11:45:32 am »

Am I going to be hunted down at work?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31:41 pm »

Am I going to be hunted down at work?

Whatever made you think that?!?

edit: If all actions are posted I'll try to get the turn done tomorrow but can't promise it as have a few things to get done plus Roly Grail Turn 16 to post first.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:49:38 pm by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2011, 09:49:17 am »

Mini-bump for Firelordsky and Theodolus, if you're about...

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2011, 10:16:04 am »

Tracy naturally takes her free bus ride to work.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:16 pm »

Alex uses the GenCorp Portal Gun of-course, I mean that crazy encounter at work was just an excuse for Bruce Halford to give him the Portal Gun to test as Alex was a employee at the currently bankrupt Aperture Science.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: 0900 hours!
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:58 am »

Tuesday: 0900 hours.

By using adventure mode travel of course! And as we all know, all wounds are healed when you travel in adventure mode.

Using Adventure Mode Travel, recently piloted by GenCorp, you travel to work in an instant. You open your eyes and you are standing in the north-eastern corner of a very large office. You look down: you have hands! You appear not to be heavily bleeding [6]! Other GenCorp employees start to arrive.

Success! Prompt arrival!
Morale Boost! Got hands!

Failure Rating: 17.
Morale: -5.

Cancel go to work: too insane, and happen to path to work at the same time I was supposed to be, to kill stuff. Also, SWITCH ALL THE LEVERS!

You don’t travel to work, but you still end up there! On time! You flick a whole bunch of levers on your way and when you arrive, but you only hear a distant and ominous rumble [6]. The boss’s secretary directs you to the middle of a very large office.

Morale Boost! Powder Woodcutter: No-Legged Dwarven Murderer!!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your left leg!
Morale Drop! Painful cut on your right leg!
Success! Prompt arrival!

Failure Rating: 47.
Morale: 1.

Danny attempts to actually wake up in time for the bus... And then have a nice breakfast at a cafe by the bus stop before catching it. He's employed now! He's hit the big time! He can have breakfast!

You get up in time for the bus! And you manage to grab a decent breakfast which totally fills you with slightly more mighty power! When you arrive at work, the secretary is waiting for you and directs you to the north-western corner of a very large office [4].

Morale Boost! MIGHTIER POWERER!

Failure Rating: 20.
Morale: -5.

Tracy naturally takes her free bus ride to work.

As you sit on the bus to work, you quietly reflect on the day before. You’re sure you murdered someone, but in the confusion you’re finding it hard to fix on events and make them seem real. What was this stage two that Mr Halford mentioned at the end of the day? Without much further ado you arrive on time at work, and as you walk into main reception the secretary leads you into the centre of a very large office. You don’t recognise the man with no legs standing next to you but you recognise his eyes. They are the eyes of madness. You saw them in the mirror yesterday [4].

Failure Rating: 42.
Morale: -13.

Alex uses the GenCorp Portal Gun of-course, I mean that crazy encounter at work was just an excuse for Bruce Halford to give him the Portal Gun to test as Alex was a employee at the currently bankrupt Aperture Science.

Using your GenCorp Portal Gun you beam yourself directly to work in a flash, dead on time. Once there, the secretary leads you into a very large office where she instructs you to take a desk in the south-eastern corner. Perhaps Mr Halford wants you to give a report on the Portal Gun or something [6]. As you stand and wait, you start staring at your shoes, which is when you notice the massive armour plating that seems to have appeared in your groin area at some point between activating the Portal Gun and arriving. Odd.

Success! Prompt arrival!
Item Acquired! Armour-plated crotch!

Failure Rating: 5.

Why I take my pushbike of course, making sure to dint the door on my brothers car on the way out for hacking my website.

Walking your pushbike out of the garage, you accidentally dint the door on your brother’s newest car! You scrape down the whole side! It’s the best scratch / dint combo you’ve ever seen!

When you arrive at work, the secretary is waiting for you and shows you to a very large office, where you are directed to the south-western corner of the room [5]. Perhaps it is for the licensed janitor accreditation or something.

Morale Boost! Mighty scratch!!

Task Assigned Attend licensed janitor accreditation morning tomorrow!

Failure Rating: 4.
Morale: 8.

As the six brave GenCorp candidates gather in their assigned locations of the very large but otherwise quite typical office, a holographic form begins to take shape above Powder Woodcutter and Tracy in the centre of the room. It is the fearsome visage of the Mighty Bruce Halford, CEO and Overlord of GenCorp.

Brothers and Sisters! Candidates for the Overlordship of GenCorp! There can be only one!

We are gathered here today to determine that one, for I can no longer hold down two jobs at once! I shall cede control of GenCorp to the victor: to he (or she!) who defeats me! To he (or she!) who defeats their rivals! To he (or she!) who LEAVES THIS ROOM… ALIVE!

Upon entering this room, you were all implanted with a mental power chip: your mental power’s strength is based upon your state of mind. It is capable of many things!

Upon entering this room, you were all stationed in a location decided on by your success in your previous day’s testing sessions.

I shall descend into the room in two minutes to begin the ritual combat. USE YOUR TIME WELL!

Choose a mental power – its effectiveness will be affected by your Morale.

Search about your location for weapons and equipment – what you may find will be affected by your Failure Rating.

Prepare yourself for horrible and brutal combat – the winner will become OVERLORD OF GENCORP, MOST POWERFUL MAN (or woman!) ON EARTH!

NEW CHARACTER SHEETS ENABLED

Spoiler: Daniel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powder Woodcutter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Danny (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tracy Arkins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alex Klag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ryan Lovechild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BRUCE HALFORD (click to show/hide)

edit: missed an "e"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:57:02 am by lawastooshort »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The Beginning of the End!
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2011, 06:47:36 am »

Mental Ability: CHILDHOOD PAIN!
Weapon: The Xerox of Doom!

Run Away and mass produce newsletters!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:08 pm »

Mental Ability: BREAKAGE OF TEH PHYSICS!

Search for a GenCorp Stealth generator and Teleporter and some arm-mounted machine guns.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:08:59 pm by Firelordsky »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2011, 04:20:49 pm »

Any specific broken physics effect? More vague might lead to more difficult to activate, we'll see what everyone comes up with ;)

I like the Childhood Pain and the arm-mounted machine guns.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27