Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 63770 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 1.34pm.
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:35 pm »

Lets file that stuff. And then, lets just skim doing the first aid report.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:02 pm »

Despite being yelled at unfairly by his boss, a light came on in PTM's eyes. He'd finally get to cut don a tree! He found himself a cutting tool AND WENT TO WORK ON THAT PLANT! Any environmental protesters would be raged at and called "smelly hippy pansy tree-fondling elves!".

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 01:48:34 am »

Name: Ryan Lovechild
Job Title: HR Drone
Skill: Super Supporting (+1)
Weakness: Emotional Wreck
Bio: After spending 5 years earning a bachelor of Arts at GenericTown University, Ryan realised that he had just wasted 5 of the best years of his life studying S***.  Desperate to achieve something in his life he decided he would take the high road and do what made him the most happy, Gloating over other peoples lives.

Failure Rating: 10. Well, it’s not gonna be zero is it – you’re working here after all. 25 is very dangerous.
Morale: 0. Well, it’s not gonna be 10, is it – you’re working here after all. -10 is close to depression.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2011, 03:06:02 am »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2011, 03:10:22 am »

Thank You

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2011, 03:14:10 am »

Do you mean skim? or skip? Anyway, you'll probably take all this turn doing the filing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 1.53pm.
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2011, 04:31:28 am »

Monday: 1.53pm

Enjoying the mild intoxication and the feeling of digesting a good meal, you set to work solidly on your bloody nemesis: the filing [4]. You get it all done, and rather than a wave of satisfaction you just get a slight feeling of being glad you’re not doing that anymore. You feel more or less sober. You wonder if it’s still sunny out.

Success! Did some filing!

Task Assigned! Complete a first aid resource usage statement form!
Task Completed! Filed the rest of that data!

Failure Rating: 13.
Morale: -5

Find the boss, punch him face. You can't fire me, I quit!

Still running endlessly through the labyrinthine warrens of GenCorpolis, your anger builds further and further as you search ruthlessly for the boss, vowing on your honour to smite him in the face! However, you can’t find him [2]. Damn.

Fail! Should have got started typing by now!

Task Assigned! Minute a teleconference recording!
Task Assigned! Sign up for some fire training!

Failure Rating: 23.
Morale: 4.

Satoshi raised an eyebrow. First he says he can never thank me enough for saving his life and then yells at me? ...Whatever, guess I should go clean the room up anyway, that's kinda my fault. Then the toilets are my job, so... yeah. With a sigh, he returned to the presentation room with a pair of sanitary gloves to clean it up.

You head back to the scene of your earlier massacre and don your sanitary gloves. It’s a grim sight. Putting the various bits of pigeon you pick up into one of the new extra strength bin bags, you make reasonably steady progress, but your stomach churns [3]. You’re more than halfway through and the end is in sight, but you feel that sick that you perhaps you should sit down. You press on. God, the blood smears are awful.

You spray some GenCorp Bang over most of the walls and start scrubbing. You can’t get all of the stains off though, although you do an OK job. Perhaps no one will notice. Perhaps your janitorial pride won’t mess with you. You’ve got the toilets to do, after all.

Success! Cleaned Presentation Room Green Four 24!
Fail! Just not all that well.
Morale Drop! Too much blood!

Task Completed! De-pigeonificated Presentation Room Green Four 24!
Task Assigned! Unblock the overflowing toilet in Toilet Block H90!

Failure Rating: 14.
Morale: 6.

Despite being yelled at unfairly by his boss, a light came on in PTM's eyes. He'd finally get to cut don a tree! He found himself a cutting tool AND WENT TO WORK ON THAT PLANT! Any environmental protesters would be raged at and called "smelly hippy pansy tree-fondling elves!"

Rushing semi-naked to the Outdoors Janitorial Supply Depot with a glint in your eyes and a smile on your face, you quickly spot a PowerChainSaw. You giggle uncontrollably to yourself as you pick it up and rev it a bit to check it works. It sure does [5]. Strolling down to the offending tree whilst staring it in… where its eyes would be, if it had any, so it knows who’s the boss, you plant your feet firmly on the ground before it.

[insert extra large chainsaw sound here]

[insert maniacal cackling sound here]

[insert sound of large falling tree crashing to the ground here]

Victory! You smite [4] the fell tree whilst cursing its family and its family’s family. You curse it even in the tree afterlife! A young man in a tie dye t-shirt and wearing sandals walks past with a disapproving frown on his face; you rev your chainsaw in his direction. He flees in terror!

Morale Boost! Powder Woodcutter: Bad Treeslayer!
Morale Boost! Carrying a chainsaw!
Success! Felled the bad tree!

Task Completed! Cut down the bad tree!

Failure Rating: 14.
Morale: -4.

E-mail the access requesting user with a memo explaining the proper forms that will need to be filled out to have access granted.  Then go out and fix the damn mouse!  Bring a spare mouse just in case.

With a what you hope is silent chuckle, you email the user who can’t get on a computer explaining that she needs to fill in the proper forms to get access granted. You even helpfully attach them so she’s got no excuse for her miserable failure, and then mark the problem as resolved [5]. If only all your IT colleagues treated their coworkers’ problems with such alacrity and finesse! You then grab a spare mouse from the spares cupboard and make your way down to the lift to catch it up to Green Forty 93 Department A to fix this silly mouse problem, dancing slightly in the corridor as you go.

But disaster [1] strikes! About 6 floors up the lift breaks down! But you don’t even notice, because you’ve drunkenly curled up on the floor in the corner of the lift to take a nap.

Morale Boost! A pleasant rest!
Fail! At work!
Fail! Haven’t fixed the damn mouse yet!
Success! Resolved the access problem!

Task Completed! Resolved the access rights issue!
Task Assigned! Fix the damn mouse!

Failure Rating: 16.
Morale: 14

Warning! Your Morale is so high that you are beginning to look suspiciously happy! Or would if you were not asleep! Remember folks, we are here to work, not to have fun!

Kicking of her shoes Tracy grabs them and runs to the closest bathroom. She cleans off her shoes, gargles some water, and then fashions a facemask out of toilet paper. Returning to the desk she glares at Gloria. "You know it's all your damn fault I threw up. That perfume smells like something that crawled out of a grave!" She then turns her attention to typing up the report that was requested of her.

Quickly removing your shoes you dash to the bathroom and clean them off. Gloria’s stench is in fact so virulent that you feel you should wash your mouth out for even having breathed the air around her – oh wait, actually you just threw up, and that's why you need to wash out your mouth, but Gloria’s perfume is the thing that stays more strongly in your mind. You come back out of the bathroom with your head wrapped crudely in toilet paper, and when Gloria tries to mock you for it, you let her have what for, as your grandmother used to say.

"You know it's all your damn fault I threw up. That perfume smells like something that crawled out of a grave!"

Gloria takes offence.

“Oh you skinny bitch! Shut up! I… I… I… Gah! You’re always being bitchy to everyone here, and I hate your stupid horse face!”

It’s your turn to be offended, nay, horrified.

“Horse face!?! At least I’m not the SIZE of a horse! At least I don’t SMELL like something that just came out of a horse’s ass! At least I don’t LOOK like a horse’s ass! Arrg!”

Enpurpled with rage, Gloria leaps at you, arms flailing, and knocks you to the ground. She powerbombs you in the stomach and then tries to get you in a headlock with her weighty mass pinning you down. Oh sweet Jesus the stench in her armpits is soul destroying! With superhuman strength you manage to roll Gloria over, just as you start to vomit again! The pair of you roll about on the floor in the sick – she scratches your left cheek until it bleeds; you headbutt her so hard you break her oversized horse-ass of a nose.

She flies backwards against the Main Reception desk, smashing against one of the computers which slides in slow motion off the work surface and tumbles off onto Gloria’s foot, all but breaking it. She screams! Glass shards from the monitor shatter about the floor. Gloria reaches blindly about behind her back and pulls out the baseball bat that security tend to keep hidden there in case of troublesome employees [1].

Morale Boost! Smashed that cow’s nose!
Morale Drop! But she scratched your cheek up!
Morale Drop! There is sick on your clothes!
Fail! Fighting on GenCorp premises!
Fail! Haven’t got that report typed up yet!

Task Assigned! Type up the report!
Task Assigned! Assist reception!

Failure Rating: 16.
Morale: -1.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 1.53pm. Showdown.
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2011, 05:41:41 am »

((Nothings happening, I get it. Okay, now I'm *actually* quitting, but doing so in style. :P))

Kathryn takes a moment to recollect herself. Punching her boss will only bring momentary relief-and probably criminal charges-...but perhaps, she thinks-maybe she should begin to abandon this rage that has consumed her life for so long, before it ends up killing her through stress. Why was she so angry anyway? It began to seem to trivial, all of it.

As she walks out of the building, a new sense of peace comes over her. Revenge ultimately solves nothing. Better to let go and enjoy your life, if you have people to enjoy it with-and she does. she thinks of her sister and brothers, her mother and father...maybe that guy who lives by her apartment-and isn't a jerk-could use another chance-one not ruined by her work schedule.

She's off the rat wheel. The prison walls crumble. The clock that ran her life ticks once more in defiance, then falls silent forever. Now she's running-sprinting-she even does an acrobatic cartwheel, feelling like a kid again, probably to the disdain of any workers viewing her from within their prison. She's more free than she has ever been before. And that's just all right.

The phone is in her hand. 'Hey sis? I want to say...sorry about this morning...also, remember when we used to talk about opening a Kosher Sandwich shop?"

Kathryn laughs quietly to something her sister says on the other end. The first real laugh in a long time.

~The End~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2011, 05:55:07 am »

I wanted you to get a [1] (in which case the boss would have taken the punch and then knocked you out and dragged you off the premises) or a [6] (in which case there might have been a new boss) but RNG just wasn't having it. Sorry.

Endlessly wandering some badly lit concrete walled corridors god knows where also seemed apt anyway.

edit: taken, not take.

On a side note I won't be adding any more to the waitlist as I can't keep this up indefinitely, it is taking a mental toll.

Edited side note: A morale toll, I meant. I'm letting the waitllist in and then closing it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:39:18 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56:14 am »

~The End~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2011, 07:40:43 am »

Hilariously, no more people on the wait list means eventually everyone loses, due to highest fail is fired rule.  Of course, with that nap of mine, I've taken a sudden dive toward cannedville.

Wake up and call for help!  REDACTED- see later post.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:34:53 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:15 am »

Finishing with the room - or as much as he cared to - Satoshi thought about things. Is this really what I want to be doing? I mean, hell, I could get a loan somewhere, or get a grant from the government to start my own business. If I keep doing this I'll just be stuck here in a job I don't particularly like doing disgusting things for years. And damn, man, I can't take another dead freaking pigeon. Would it be better to just walk off, or leave a resignation? He thought it over for a few moments. He probably couldn't do a proper resignation letter; the computers here were such crap that they'd probably break as soon as he looked at them.

...Guess I'll just take off. I still got time to swing by the library and see about getting a grant. He went back to put up his cleaning supplies, then went out to his bike. "Sayonara, GenCo."

Following Dwarmin's example to ease the burden on you a bit. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2011, 09:53:05 am »

OOC: The only way to win the game is not to play. :P

Also, Epilouge!

Kathryn was riding home with her sister, chatting excitedly-location, location, location!-, when she saw Satoshi riding past on his bike. Hmm...he was dependable, wasn't he? Not such a jerk, like the rest of them. Given that was fleeing GenCo. as well, he must have got the same idea as she did.

She told her to stop the car, and she leaned out and handed him her number on a scrap of paper.

"Hey, me and my sister going into the kosher sandwich business Satoshi. I could use a dependable guy like you. Call me!"

Not waiting for a response, the sisters drive off laughing.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:58:26 am by Dwarmin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2011, 09:57:48 am »

You mean "The only winning move is not to play."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:56 am »

Quite. I have to get back to top hats and Zeppelins... Except there is work to do first!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27