Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281052 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #5130 on: December 16, 2011, 05:02:19 pm »

((I have plans on how to integrate our characters into the next fort when glitterglen falls, so don't worry about having a quiet thread, I'll make sure it's just as successful as this one is!  :P))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: December 16, 2011, 05:23:07 pm »

Charity's Journal 3rd Limestone 99

Autumn has come. It's been half a month and the siege continues. They do not move from their place in the jungle, the smoke from their campfire signals that they have not yet left. The militia is anxious. I think they'd rather the zebra just attack and get this over with. But they just sit there waiting.

(the following entry for the 4th is scribbled quickly and slopily.)

4th Limestone 99

Reports just in. The zebra are on the move, they are heading for Glitterglen. The alarm bell is ringing. I can hear Starkey calling to get his stallions to the walls. The time has finally come.

Charity's Journal 6th Limestone 99

The battle began just as the zebra army crossed our river. The Skyguard opened fire, as they approached the fortress walls, just as they approached the militia backed by the fortress guard sortied out to meet our striped foe on the field of battle before our walls.

As the battle began Osal, showed a dazzling display of marksponyship with many well placed shots.

Our champion efim was the first to hit the enemies line, and fought well, until a damnable lasher with a copper whip struck him from behind, and he was surrounded and overwhelmed. Fortunately for him, while he had fallen, he was not yet dead.

Seeing their fallen companion the militia and the guard, lead by Otik, (Starkey was very late to the battle) charged the enemy and fought them off, the enemy routed but where killed down to the last pony. However, our champion efim bleed out as they rushed him to the hospital and has passed on. Osal was also seriously injured but will hopefully recover.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: December 16, 2011, 05:34:11 pm »

((It's funny, I've heard others say they couldn't start a war when they tried.  Pesky zebras.  I'm a bit surprised I've never had that happen to me, now that I think about it.  And I suppose it doesn't matter if the zebras are at war with you, any caravan will do when the time comes.  Anyway, did Falcata actually participate in the fight at all?  Wouldn't want to misrepresent her in her next journal entry.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: December 16, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »

((I know that Falcata helped to kill the darkbolt that flew over the wall, a spear pony finished it, but she beat him up pretty good first, might have saved Osal's life when he first got attacked. I didn't notice how much she took part in the zebra battle, but I'm 90% certain she went out with the rest. ))

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: December 16, 2011, 05:42:45 pm »

((Man I chose an interesting time to get a pony. did Hiero get in on the fight?))
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: December 16, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »

((Man I chose an interesting time to get a pony. did Hiero get in on the fight?))

((Some, he's in the guard and the guard all ganged up on that darkbolt, I know Falcata, and a random spear pony did most of that though. And I know I saw Hiero go out, but he doesn't have any kills that he would have gotten there, just animals he's killed as a hunter. I didn't mention that but he was actually a hunter/miller before being recruited, technically still will be when not on duty. Also, doubled checked and while I think Falcata went out, she didn't get any new kills.))

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: December 16, 2011, 06:03:22 pm »

((Random curiosity, didja get the reference in the name Telgin?))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:41:46 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »

((I just realized that I've never seen Otik's in-game description. Strongbeard, could you post it?))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: December 16, 2011, 08:22:37 pm »

((Certainly Doom, here you are.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Captain%20Otik.png

I thought we were going to lose poor Otik during the siege when she ran out of bolts and charged in with the first wave of troops. But she's a tough one and came out unscathed, Starkey chose well I think.))

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: December 16, 2011, 08:50:05 pm »

((BTW whats an IRC?))

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:53 pm »

((Dunno what the letters actually stand for, but it's like an instant messaging program.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »

((Ah so there's one for this fort then. Where? I just looked at my last post again, Acronyms FTW.))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »

((Internet Relay Chat.))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: December 16, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »

((irc.mibbit.net #Glitterglen))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: December 16, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »

((See Part 1 first.  Recall that these events take place some time before the last journal update by KingStrongbeard / Charity.  Part 2:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:58:25 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 665