Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280958 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4785 on: December 08, 2011, 12:29:11 am »

"Nopony's done it."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: December 08, 2011, 12:34:42 am »

"W-We just did that a few months ago! To miss Friesden herself, even!"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: December 08, 2011, 12:35:35 am »

I was slightly stupified. This was a very bad thing.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:36 am »

((Carrot as well, can't forget him :P))
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:56 am »

((WATCH IT!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: December 08, 2011, 02:19:15 am »

Falcata tried to maintain a straight face as she stared into her daughter's eyes, but it was a lost effort.  Tears began to form and drip down her cheeks to match those of the filly.  She cringes as the bone shifts in her leg and lets out another muffled cry.

"I-I'm going to be o-okay, I p-promise."

Kris continues to frown and sniffles.  She makes a motion to nuzzle her mother's nose but hesitates as Falcata winces and pulls back.  The filly stares at her suffering mother for what felt like hours.

"O-okay, mom."  She backs down from the bed and curls up into a knot at its side.  There was no room next to her mom on the bed, and that would probably only hurt her more.  "I-I'll be right here if you need me."

Falcata nods, a gesture that her filly couldn't even see, but speaking was more effort than she felt like she could spare.  She lowers her head back into her pillow and lets the fabric absorb the tears and sounds of her crying.  She never wanted to put Kris through anything like this.  She bites down on the pillow to contain a scream that shot up her body.

Where in Glitterglen was a doctor?  She'd give a year's salary to be free of this agony.

((And with that, I'm off.  I'll edit Falcata's diary to match anything that happens while I'm away))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: December 08, 2011, 02:48:30 pm »

Charity's Journal 2nd Malachite 99

My bodyguard Osal, his youngest daughter, a unicorn, has gone missing. Reports say she was on the surface, watching the fortress guard chase off a swarm of Parasprites, one minute she was by the pond, the next, gone. We suspect it was Diomedian foul play.

Sisters I can't imagine the horror the little filly must be going through, right now.

15th Malachite 99

It has come to my attention that a flood has occurred inside Khenal and Friesden's bed room. The entire room is underwater. Fortunately the door in their dinning room was enough to hold back the tide. We'll have to disable the flow to all the showers to diagnose the problem and allow the water to drain. I suspect something we missed also busted when Psycho's ghost caused that flood.

(Hold on, why is the water not draining? Ah, there it is. I found the engineering mistake. I forgot to dig out the last tile in the drain, to connect it to the hole that takes the water off the map.)

20th Malachite 99

It seems as if something was clogging the drainage pipes and causing an overflow. One of our miner's Granite has created a bypass, and water is now draining safety.

24th Malachite 99

We have taken measures that should slow the flow of water toward Khenal's and Friesden's home, and today we will finally we able to turn the water back on. And I'm so grateful 9 days without a proper shower is outrageous.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: December 08, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

((Has anything changed about Falcata's condition?  Developed an infection from the rot?  That's the next step based on what I've read.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: December 08, 2011, 03:22:58 pm »

Lilac calms down, and looks up at Otik.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: December 08, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »

It's a trap!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

((I hope not. Because 'Psycho Carrot Memorial Children's Home' just doesn't roll off the tongue quite right. :P))
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:27 pm »

((But 'Lilac Memorial Children's Home' does.))

"When...when did you do this? Exactly?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: December 08, 2011, 03:44:42 pm »

Lilac hugs Otik tightly, tears suddenly streaming down her face.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: December 08, 2011, 03:45:19 pm »

"Almost a year ago now. Khenal, Carrot and I, we excorcised the daemon from her body, and for a while she was... wrong. Crazy, flip-flopping from suicidal to equicidal. But eventually, just a month or so ago, she turned lucid, and she's been fine ever since! Well... until now, that is."

((Only have a few minutes right now. I'll be back later for more.))

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: December 08, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »

((Has anything changed about Falcata's condition?  Developed an infection from the rot?  That's the next step based on what I've read.))

(Nothing has changed yet.)

Lilac calms down, and looks up at Otik.

(Oh, you reminded me of the other thing I needed to write. I got distracted with the flood.)

Charity's Journal 17th Malachite 99

Lilac Joker visited me today. She was visibly upset. She yelled at me for awhile and then left. I hope she feels better after getting that out of her system. She's the last member of her family, and I think she might blame me for that. I feel for her. I know Starkey and Otik are trying to help her, but I don't think she quite accepts them as family yet. Perhaps in time.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 665