Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280933 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4620 on: December 06, 2011, 04:41:14 pm »

((Derp. You''ll have to remind me what latter and former mean.))

Okay. I'm taking a risk with this, but it might be important.

"One more thing... there was a name that came up. I didn't think much of it at the time, but... what is Malal?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: December 06, 2011, 04:43:52 pm »

((Latter is second, former is first.))

The name didn't ring any bells with me, and it seemed the Inquisitor didn't recognise it either. She shook her head, and said "I don't know. Presumably it is part of the name of a daemon."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: December 06, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

"I see..."

"Now, how are we going to get rid of this thing? I can hardly stand to be near it, let alone get close enough to take a chisel to it."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: December 06, 2011, 04:50:19 pm »

"Which is why we have Schmutz here." With that oblique reference to my aide's Blankness, she waited for the guard I'd sent out for a pick to come in. It wasn't that long a wait.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »

((hello? what happened?))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:42 pm »

"Would anypony prefer to do the honors?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »

"I'll take a swing at it," I said. Grasping the pick in my mouth, I raised it and swung it down into the wall. It started to crack. I swung another two times, and the wall broke down.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: December 06, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »

((Looking at the map, the walls of the squad leaders' offices are all one tile thick. You would've broken into one of the stockpiles.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: December 06, 2011, 06:25:59 pm »

((I shall take the liberty of having Lilac behind the wall, if only to get the ball rolling again.))

As the wall crumbles to rubble, Lilac is seen behind said wall. She doesn't even flinch.
"Oh...look. A wall crumbled..." Says Lilac, not even caring.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: December 06, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »

The three ponies are now staring out into the hallway that leads past the barracks. Otik pokes her head in around the corner.

"Uhh... g'afternoon?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: December 06, 2011, 06:38:43 pm »

"Hi. The wall fell." Says Lilac, not even caring.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: December 06, 2011, 06:46:34 pm »

"Oh uh, hello Lilac! We just finished getting rid of the, uh, you-know-what in your papa's room. We just need to clean up, and fill in the old wall with stone brick, and you can sleep here. How does that sound?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »

"I don't care..." Says Lilac, completely desensitized to everything around her.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:53 pm »

((hello?!))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: December 06, 2011, 08:39:20 pm »

((Preparing for full-blown Nurgle gut rot death here))

Falcata's Diary - 24th Slate, 99

Today was probably one of the roughest days I've had here at Glitterglen.  Mostly because I was nearly killed.

Early this morning the lower halls were filled with shrieks of terror.  I happened to be stationed down there at the time, so I was the first to investigate.  Something, no, a monster had come from the caverns below and was headed toward Glitterglen.  For a moment I stood in awe and terror before my training did its job and I regained my nerve.  Either that or the other guards arriving, anyway.

Without really thinking I charged at the monster, an enormous parody of the leeches that nearly drowned me not that long ago.  I can't take much credit though, I only managed a single buck before it went down from a hail of bolts.  At least I think that's all I did.  I don't even know if the blow connected, because seconds later everything was engulfed by some sort of strange fog.  It all gets kind of hazy at that point.

I remember waking up in the hospital.  The doctors told me I'd been there a few hours, but they didn't find anything wrong with me, and I felt fine, so I went back to my post.  I guess I got lucky.  If the rest of the fortress guard hadn't showed up when they did, I might not be here right now.  At least nopony was really hurt.

28th Slate, 99

Despite my fears, we haven't seen anything more of the monsters from below, and I think everypony is breathing a little easier.  I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't had any opportunity to interact with the commissar yet, but I'm sure he's busy enough doing things far too important to involve me.

The day wasn't completely boring though.  My stomach has been hurting me all day, but it's eased off a little bit right now at least.  I didn't eat much this afternoon, maybe I'm just hungry right now.  I'll ask Kris to bring a little something back for me when she goes to dinner tonight.

8th Felsite, 99

I feel terrible.  The stomach pains have been coming and going for over a week now, and I haven't gotten much sleep.  I'm starting to get a bit worried... I was up all night last night vomitting, and I think I saw some blood in it.  I haven't eaten anything in over a day.  I threw up my breakfast almost as soon as I ate it, and I had no appetite for lunch.

Captain Isos has had me on lighter duty lately at least.  I think it's something to do with regulations and injuries.  I couldn't be more grateful though.  She had me stationed at the arena today, but after having seen Captain Starkey fight before I knew I wouldn't be needed to help.  I did offer to help him clean up afterward though, which was a mistake.  The duchess wandered by as the captain was finishing one of his duels, and the nausea struck me then worse than it had yet.  It was all I could do to avoid vomitting right in front of her. 

It would be a tragedy to embarrass myself in front of Captain Starkey, much less the duchess.  Or, heaven forbid, embarrass either of them in front of the commissar if he happened by (the last few strokes are jumbled and illegible).

The pain is getting worse again... if I don't feel better in the morning I think I'll go by the hospital again and see if they have anything they can give me.  I wouldn't want to be off duty for any reason if the commissar were to check up on me.  I know he wouldn't let a stomach virus keep him down.

Kris' Diary -8th Felsite, 99

I'm really worried about mom.  She hasn't eaten much in days, and she hasn't said much either.  She keeps telling me she's okay, but I'm still worried.  She always keeps her armor on its stand when she gets home at night, but today she just left it in a pile by the door.  She sent me to dinner alone again tonight, saying she wasn't hungry.  All she's done since she got home was sit at her desk and whisper to herself, rubbing her belly.  I think she was even crying at one point.  Mom has always been the toughest pony I've ever known.  I'm really worried.

It's days like this I wish dad was here.  He would know what to do.

However, with Psycho and  Crest Fire dead, this puts me in an uncomfortable situation. My family only has two members of our personal guard left, Madush and Osal. And that isn't enough to protect me and my family at all times. Cryptson has been increasingly paranoid about the assassin, he doesn't allow the foals the freedom they need as children. We need even more than ever to catch this assassin. But in the meantime I need more guards, but I don't know who I can trust.

((I'm guessing this is somehow related to events from long ago, but how are you handling this?  Just claiming that two of the fortress guard are Charity's personal guard?    Falcata may be about to die of horrible gut rot, but even if she didn't I'm guessing she wouldn't be up for such a position.  Charity doesn't really know her, and Falcata would never volunteer for such a position.  She's a good little pony that takes what jobs are handed to her and doesn't push for anything more.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 665