Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280699 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3885 on: December 01, 2011, 04:20:06 am »

"Can you tell the captain, do my eyes appear like that now? I am sure my learned colleague would be happy to accept an opinion on such a matter."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: December 01, 2011, 04:27:41 am »

"They do not.  I doubt very much they ever will again."

Captain Isos stands to speak.

"All I heard was that you, Friesden, are unstable and capable of literally rending ponies limb form limb.  I respect Khenal, but his opinion is very biased when it comes to you.  Do you have any third party to back up his claims of your stability?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: December 01, 2011, 04:29:44 am »

((ME))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: December 01, 2011, 04:32:09 am »

"Ah, but we do! We have two ponies eminently suited for this task, but we shall leave that to a little later. Two more questions, Khenal. When I was 'not myself', did I harm anypony of Glitterglen? A simple yes or no will suffice."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:43 am »

"No."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:53 am »

"And our last question for now. Did I help to find Carrot?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: December 01, 2011, 04:36:09 am »

With a nod of approvement, Falcata's opinion of Isos rises measurably.  Khenal may be a trustworthy individual and admirable pony in general, but none of what either of them was saying seemed to be helping her case.  Isos was being very reasonable about this, not letting her prior experience with Khenal cloud her own perspective of matters.

Justice may be served yet.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:46 am »

"Yes."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: December 01, 2011, 04:40:39 am »

"So, fillies and gentlecolts, it appears that our learned friend, the captain, might well be wrong. It appears that I am not permanently insane. Your witness, captain."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: December 01, 2011, 04:48:08 am »

"I have no questions for him.  You have argued my position quite well.  As I said before, you have shown that you are capable of sudden shifts in personality and bouts of extreme violence."

Are we ready to call this for 24 hours to let everypony put in their two bits, or do you have more?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: December 01, 2011, 04:48:37 am »

((And now I'm off to bed. 'night all.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: December 01, 2011, 04:51:10 am »

"Oh, good. In that case, the next witness I shall call will be our good commandant Starkey."

((Roger that, continue in the morning.))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: December 01, 2011, 04:55:11 am »

((Bed sounds like a plan.  See everypony tomorrow!))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: December 01, 2011, 05:06:49 am »

((Ah, bed.  The thing I wish I was in right now.  But no, I've got to program this sentry gun simulator before class begins tomorrow.  Oh, and by the way, if you ever wondered where you would use trigonometry in real life, it's come up a few times here.  Fun times.

Oh well, guess I'll see where this goes tomorrow.  Falcata will probably just keep standing there, feeling smug and confident that Friesden will be convicted.  Now, off to update Dawnpick while I wait for another batch of simulator results.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: December 01, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

if you ever wondered where you would use trigonometry in real life...

Preaching to the chior there, my friend.  I got my degree in mechanical engineering recently, so I could show you how to use calculus in real life.  Or really blow everyone's mind and give you an application for imaginary numbers.  Yes, imaginary numbers have a real world application.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 665