Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281331 times)

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3345 on: November 28, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

(( hey hey I'm back! and 210% more cohesive this time! BACKSTORY BEGINS NOW))

In an unfamiliar room filled with Black darkness, cut by a narrow sliver of lamp light, all that is visible is an unconscious dark blue pony with a wild unkempt blue mane and a dagger for a cutie mark tied down to a wood chair. he's clearly been badly beaten, there are deep cuts and bruises all over his naked body. his six pack abs glisten intensely, as if Crisco has been liberally applied to them.

" ... ugh... did Charity kill me?" Couth slurred as he entered a half consciousness.

He looks around the pitch black, hoping to see his gods Othud Cherishfair or Thebil Mindfulsongs, but no, no. In his typical luck, he sees a tentacle pony he never wanted to see again. he has a gray coat, has a well groomed short raven black mane as per usual with Diomidians but this was no typical grunt. this particular Diomidian likes to play therapist and wore glasses and held a clipboard to prove it. his name is Alister, and if he's here, I am far away from my little bed back at the fortress.

"Oh Couth, I am so glad we found you. how have you been? you haven't forgotten your dealings with us, have you?" Alister says with a friendly grin.

Couth spits a dark black piece of bile at him as a response.

"mm-hm" Alister wipes his glasses of the unpleasantness. "you're still charming you, I see. or are you? we have gotten reports of Daemons running rampant in Glitterglen." he nods at his clipboard " can you answer a few questions? to prove you're you?"

"and if I don't feel up to answering your questions? what if feel more like breaking every bone in your body, Alister?" Couth retorted, fully awake.

"Ha, just try it, see what happens!" Alister playfully taps Couth on the cheek with his tentacle. " you'd be dead before you could even touch me. you are not a citizen to our glorious Domidian empire. you have no rights. I can do whatever I want to you, remember that next time you run your mouth."

"ahem" Alister composes himself and gets professional. "now, let's start at the beginning. describe your childhood please."

"really?"

"Humor me. it'll keep you alive."

*sigh* "Fine. Rough. It was rough. I had no parents, no family. only pony who cared for me was my sister Willow and I cared for her. we were just two orphans running free in the capital city slums. we did anything we could to survive.. anything. we tried alot of things to make money, but stealing ale from breweries and hawking it to the masses at a cheaper price did the trick best."

"mhm, good. and what happened to Willow?" Alister proceeded. 

"Willow... got smart, got cold and cutthroat. she realized that if I was gone she could double her money. we were doing our usual routine of breaking and entering, but she insisted on carrying my load, lied to me. she trapped me in the basement, and the brewer found me. instead of having the guards behead me the brewer put me to work. it was hard work, there was no pay, but he fed me so that was something. this went on for about eight years."

* Alister scribbles something down on the clipboard*

"what are you writing down? why am I telling you my life story?" Couth demanded.

"I'm comparing your story with the one we beat out of you a year ago, before we planted you into Glitterglen. your passing with flying colors. please continue. why did you leave the capital?"

" well after my years of philanthropy the king personally gave me a key to the city and freed me from my servitude." Couth said with a dry sarcasm.

*Alister whips Couth across the face with a tentacle, drawing blood.* "Be serious!"

"I bucked up! they drove me out with pitchforks." Couth admitted angrily.

"I moved to a nice little village with no name. started an inn. it was nice and quiet and nopony bothered me. then you pillaged it. you kidnapped me. you tortured me. you gave me an ultimatum. and shuffled me into a line of immigrants. you know the rest."

"yes, our contract was steal the items we required, you and every pony in glorified ratthole "Glitterglen" gets to live, correct?"

"yeah, something like that."

"well, why didn't you hold up your side of the bargain, Couth?"

" why? you bastards got greedy! I had a good system, and you wrecked it when you asked for those amulets made of banned metal. ten of my cohorts are in jail and three good friends are dead because of you. then things got personal, things got out of my hooves."

Alister gave out a long sigh.

"you know, my peers think I'm crazy, they think I should kill you and we go ahead and raze your fortress, but I stuck my neck out to give you another chance. it's our understanding there is an alicorn foal-"

"No."

"there is an alicorn foal in your fortress. give her to us and we-"

"I won't do it. can't do it."

"Couth? it's your only way out of this and you know it."

"why? why do you want her?"

Hmmm, whats the most clinical, dispassionate way to put this?  for Breeding, Couth."

"oh gods, you sick bastards."

"you know what we want, and you know the price of failure. two weeks, Couth. two weeks. nighty-night."

Alister puts a rag over Couth's mouth and he fades away to la la land.

Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 28, 2011, 05:16:51 am »

DO NOT WORRY FOLKS, FOR IT IS I, THE ANNOYING NARRATOR! FEAR NOT, WHILE CARROT MY BE A SPLATTER AGAINST THE GROUND, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE COMING TO TAKE HIS PLACE! STAY TUNED!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 28, 2011, 05:20:53 am »

Crest Fire, another Pegasus in the military! MINE! Since it's 5:28 AM and I have to go to day Collage at 7, here's his affiliation to Carrot in a nutshell, EDIT: can't think of anything that wouldn't conflict with the already given parts of Carrot's life. DSARKER/KHENAL, WORK YOUR MAGIC!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:30:23 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:52 am »

Oh man, Strongbeard is going to have a fit trying to write this in words.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 28, 2011, 05:29:47 am »

Oh, I hope so.

I'm kind of hoping Strongbeard comes in, sees what we've done, goes to his save file, deletes the world, and locks the thread. All without saying a thing.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:21 am »

Hehe
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 28, 2011, 05:32:00 am »

:P I PMed my untimely demise in a nutshell to him. That's three quotes, and done.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 28, 2011, 05:32:58 am »

Anyway, is that scene, or are we continuing on?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:36 am »

I suppose I could introduce Crest REAL QUICK, is that alright Khenal?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:37 am »

I'm thinking I should wait until tomorrow for Friesden to wake, though it might be a good idea for him to check on that construct of his.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:05 am »

In that case, I shall resign and sleep for a good 22 minutes. Not kidding.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:37 am »

/buck

Hello folks! Now it's my turn to narrate this amazing tale. At least until I have to go. Then that slimy, hair brained fool will continue for me. Anyways...

And thus, Carrot was buried by his great friend Khenal. How unfortunate, to have Friesden slam him into the ground like that. How unladylike.

((Lemme get the narrator spot when i'm on. It's kinda irritating, not having anything to do when you're all RPing this thread to hell.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 28, 2011, 05:39:37 am »

You might want to wait to introduce him until Strongbeard can officially assign your new pony.  I'm curious if he's gonna just unname Carrot, rename Carrot, or crunch him under a bridge.  And with that, Bed.  I didn't notice that it's amost 3am, holy crap.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: November 28, 2011, 05:40:50 am »

YOU'RE LUCKY, YA WEST COAST HOOLIGAN! Also, I think renaming would be the best, it saves SO much trouble. TIME TO SLEEP FOR 19 MINUTES!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:56 pm »

YOU'RE LUCKY, YA WEST COAST HOOLIGAN! Also, I think renaming would be the best, it saves SO much trouble. TIME TO SLEEP FOR 19 MINUTES!

But did Carrot have any friends?  Might be Fun to see what damage that caused if he does get smashed.

Ah well, so much for things settling down.  You've been trying to get Carrot killed for what, 50 pages now?  Somehow I doubt it's going to get much more sane now that you finally got your wish.  Unless that was the whole point, of course.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 665