Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281444 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3105 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:23 am »

I carefully enter the cave to try to find the workers within, hoping they're at least not hostile.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: November 27, 2011, 03:27:46 am »

Inside the cave there are hundreds of unicorns, swinging picks and chipping away at the rock. Under their feet the rock is damp, and several of them have been recently soaking wet. In the middle of rhe cavern is the source of the loud voice, and Khenal can recognise him as the construct.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: November 27, 2011, 03:32:46 am »

'Huh, didn't expect that.  Though, I guess I never got to actually see it work on myself.'

I walk over to the construct and try to get it's attention.

'Excuse me, can I ask you a few questions?'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 27, 2011, 03:34:11 am »

The construct turns to Khenal and bows. The unicorns surrounding him do the same.

"Progenitor! Thy dam is constructed! What is thy next task?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 27, 2011, 03:41:23 am »

((Friesden is best pony.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 27, 2011, 03:42:02 am »

'Uh...'

I stand confused for a moment, not expecting the sudden attention.  I quickly shake myself out of it, remembering why I'm here in the first place.

'Why are you digging down here?'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:23 am »

The construct starts grovelling.

"Thy servant begs your forgiveness, Progenitor! But we had built the dam, and we discovered that the water was too high! We had failed thou, and we decided, in secret, to let a small amount leak, that thy dam not be breached by the force! We beg of thee to spare thy servant for his iniquity!"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 27, 2011, 03:50:14 am »

((OH I GET IT! KHENAL, HE'S REFERING TO THE MEMORY LOCK-OUT THINGY YOU MADE!))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 27, 2011, 03:52:09 am »

((Only just now? I think Khenal has known about that since I mentioned the river.))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 27, 2011, 03:56:37 am »

'Um, it's alright?  Having the dam burst would be a total disaster.  Some small flow is far preferable to letting the river free all at once.  Um, what's with the plains up top and all the corpses?'

I originally thought the dam itself was my construct, and the jagged mark to be something from Friesden's own mind, but I like the weirdness of actually having to talk to the construct.  I also enjoy Khenal's discomfort at the construct's reactions, heh.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:45 am »

"Oh great and merciful Progenitor, we have been in here for several weeks, trying to fix this. We have no answer for thee. Please, we throw ourselves at thy feet! Have mercy on your weak and frail servants, and remember that we are but ponies."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: November 27, 2011, 04:03:01 am »

((I'VE HEARD A SIMILAR LINE BEFORE! :o What're you referencing dsarker?))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 27, 2011, 04:05:45 am »

((The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, Damocles Gulf edition. The line is as follows: "Sweet God-Emperor, forgive your servant his sins, and remember I am just a man."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 27, 2011, 04:13:51 am »

You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: November 27, 2011, 04:15:32 am »

'Oh! Um...'

I back a few steps from the construct, uncomfortable with the entire situation.  Then, I get an idea.

'There is no need for mercy, oh diligent construct!  I knew this task was great when I gave it to you, and you have done admirablely in adapting to unnexpected setbacks.  Therefore, I have a new task for you.  This river is too mighty to simply dam, it must be allowed to flow under control.  Design a way to filter the waters and begin to tend the land.  Even the worst of river grime can be used to produce fertile fields and succulent fruit.  Follow the land, let her natural beauty blossom and grow.  Nurture this land and help her grow into her full potential.'

'Her past is troubled, oh construct, but she must find some way to deal with it and herself.  Do your best to help her come to terms with herself.  Be careful and diligent, rush nothing.  This is your charge, my construct, and I know you will not fail it.'

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 665