Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281428 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »

"Murder her?  Never!  My friend is in there somewhere!  I may have failed her today, but I will not stop trying to help her!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

"Ah, well. I can wait. How about you?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »

"Indeed.  Until then, it's time for you to go back to your cell.  I'll see you tomorrow, Friesden; whichever you cares to talk."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2011, 09:45:52 pm »

Getting very bored, I begin to start hopping and and bother the nurse
"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey, Nurse! HI!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »

*I go inside Khenal's office.*
"Khenal, Carrot appears to have lost all memory. Do you know any magic that may help him?"
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »

"I wonder why he did that...hahaha."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 31, 2011, 10:33:21 pm »

I continue to hop excitedly, annoying the living daylights out of the poor nurse
"HEY! CAN I HAVE COOKIE NOW?! HEY, THIS IS THE SONG THAT GOES ON FOREVER, AND EVER, AND EVER, AND EVER, AND EVER, AND EVER, AND EVER..." and so on and so forth until the nurse passes out.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:28 pm »

I give Dr. Bubbles a tired look.

"Memory loss?  There are lots of spells to cause amnesia, but every one I've heard of is temporary.  Specific things can be hidden for a lot longer, but it takes a lot of magic to do something like that, and a lot of time.  If it takes him much more than a week to recover, it's most likely something he wants to forget.  Forcing him to remember could be very bad.  I'll check my books, but not today.  I'm too tired and everything is a jumbled mess; I need time to sort some things out.  Sorry"

I hold the door for him and then take my leave as well.  I glance in at Friesden in her cell as I leave for bed.

"Goodnight, Friesden"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »

*I return to the hospital*
"CARROT! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO NURSE ALEN?"
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 31, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »

I smile and hop around, laughing and wheezing
"She got...HAHAHA...she got bored! HEY, WANT TO HEAR A FUNNY SONG?! THIS IS THE SONG THAT GOES ON FOREVER, AND EVER, AND EVER..."
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:56 pm »

"Before you go, Khenal, one last thing. Do you know what are especially delicious? Memories. Bye now."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:10 pm »

Charity's Journal 22nd Moonstone 97

Bebmal, our head brewer, (Venture's Mother) has had another foal. A little Pegasus filly. That makes five kids for those two earthponies, none of which are themselves earthponies. I don't think genetics is supposed to work this way.

I wonder if Shasad really is the father of all those foals. I shouldn't have wrote that. This is not the place for idle gossip.

OOC: I had a little lesson about weapon material today! I put Commander Starkey in a room with our Diomedian prisoner. I left the prisoner with his armor to make killing him a little better for training. However, Commander Starkey still had the copper axe he had become attached to so long ago. I never bothered forcing him to equip anything else. The fight started, and Starkey naturally took the Tentacled bastard down quickly, but he couldn't kill it. He just kept bashing it in the head for 73 pages of battle reports. Until Starkey started falling down himself from exhaustion. At this point, I unlocked the doors and let his faithful pet Grizzly Bear in to help him finish the Diomedian. He was fighting that one enemy for nearly a month. All because his exceptional copper axe couldn't get through a no quality bronze chanfron.

On the plus side Starkey gained 3 levels in his axe skill!

Charity's Journal 13th  Opal 97

Commander Starkey took our Diomedian prisoner, and executed him today. He took him to a new room he had ordered dug out and smoothed. The militia has been calling it the arena. Its a big room with lots of space for fighting and lots of fortifications to watch the carnage from. He had Khenal fighting wild chimps in there last week, but today, he wanted to duel the prisoner himself. He ordered that the prisoner be allowed to keep his weapons and armor to fight fair. Starkey beat it, but let his pet war bear have it when he grew tired of tormenting the creature. The whole thing seems gruesome and inpony to me. I mean I understand we had to kill the Diomedian, we couldn't let it go, and holding it prisoner forever is impractical, but I question the means employed.
(What is the pony speak for inhuman, inpony sounds wrong to me).

Charity's Journal 14th Opal 97

I don't know what Ironya was doing in the caverns but, when she was out there she ran into a horrible little ape-like creature with tusks, I've been told it's called a Gorlak. It chased her but she ran into two of our hunters who quickly put the beast down. Fortunately nopony was hurt.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
22nd Opal 97

The marksponies, were standing guard and unloaded most of their bolts into another gorlak. After killing the beast they decided to go after a couple of those Creeping Eye things. They killed two but that woke the nest. Ten more of them suddenly appeared, and the ponies were down to their last bolts. They retreated and begged the guard to help them. Khenal rallied the guard and they went off to fight them. They had little trouble slaughtering the hoard of them. But then, a roar filled the caverns. The sound was unmistakable. A troll had come. Khenal, knew the guard were the closest to it, and that going back to the fort could allow the creature to follow them, or to lay an ambush for somepony else. Kheanl made the decision to fight the creature here and now. They charge the Troll, led by the fearless Captain Khenal, and with perfect teamwork, honed by many hours of training, the creature is defeated in seconds. Kussad the spearpegasus who finished the beast, drew his spear from the monster's head, and wiped of the blood and brains. Before thanking his allies brothers, for creating the opening, that allowed him to kill it. Another victory for the forces of Harmony.

GOD'S ABOVE! A swarm of parasprites has come out of the Jungle, not unusual, we get those sometimes, but I just witnessed one, bite a war dog in the throat and shake the whole thing around like a child's rag doll, and then it bite it's head and tear it's scalp right off. There was blood everywhere. At least the poor thing bleed to death quickly. We need the militia out there now, before somepony get's hurt.

Charity's Journal 16th Obsidian 97

A rainbow pony caravan has been sighted. The militia and fortress guard are still running around killing every parasprite they can get their hooves on. We can't trade much to them just yet however, as we expect a caravan from the capital soon, and have to make our offering to the princess. Once that is taken care of we will know how much we have left to trade.

28th Obsidian 98

Another spring, another year in Glitterglen. It's funny, I can hardly remember life before here now, and despite our problems, I don't think I'd rather live anywhere else. I think I'm going to go down to the dinning hall and have a pint of Pegasan Ale with Thundersplinter and Pillomino, I haven't talked to them for awhile.

1st Granite 98

Great news, Good news, and bad news. The good news, we were able to make the princess's tax with nothing but a pile of dresses and robes, made by our excellent tailors, and a couple of instruments made of worthless metals, sterling silver, black bronze, and such. The great news is that in gratitude for us making the offering Glitterglen is being officially recognized as a county of The Shells of Dance, and I'm being made the countess! The bad news, is this means we are expected to pay double the taxes we paid before.

We did acquire several tons of metal, our furnaces will be running night and day trying to melt all the crappy armor, weapons, toys, figurines, bee hives, nest boxes, buckets, splints, jugs, pots, and whatever else they had, into bars our smiths can work with.

Unfortunately for Doctor Bubbles, the two caravans only had one bag of plaster powder between the two of them, I will however request for more next year, as promised.

I also bought a few books on first aid for the Doctor, it was all they had, I placed an order for proper texts for next year. I also, got myself a few introductory level magic tomes, Cobalt is getting close to the age were his magic is going to start expressing itself, and I need to be ready to help him learn to channel it safety. Plus with all the magical things going on, it couldn't hurt to know a little more myself. I know Khenal has some more advanced magic books, I'll ask him if I can borrow some of them as well.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:08 pm »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 42

Something is very wrong with Friesden.  I don't think it's a daemon, in fact, it might not be anything foreign at all!  Even if it was a daemon, there's no way to permanently force one out of somepony else; the host has to force it out, or it must leave on it's own.  Of course, I learned that only after trying to banish what I thought was a daemon from Friesden. 

She definitely has a very troubled past, and I think the various "hers" that I talked to genuinely didn't know what friendship was, even the more stable sounding ones.  I'll be recommending that her punishment for the murder is imprisonment until rehabilitated or dead of old age.  Banishment would only unleash her on other unsuspecting ponies.  I fear we were lucky she only got one before we could capture her.  And execution is simply not an option, my friend is in there somewhere.

So I'll just keep trying to get through to her, hoping she'll open herself to friendship, however many of herself it takes!  I'll also be keeping an eye on her Diary, just in case more writing appears in it.

Chapter 43

Our arena had it's first fight to the death between sentients today:  Commander Starkey vs the Diomedian.  Both were fully armed and armored, Commander Starkey would never simply execute an unarmed pony, even a Diomedian.  Unfortunately for the Diomedian, Starkey is simply unmatched with that copper axe of his.  Starkey broke the Diomedian, but was unable to land a solid killing strike through his armor.  Once it became obvious the Diomedian would likely bleed out before Starkey could strike an immediately fatal blow, he called for his bear to deliver what he couldn't.

Baroness Charity doesn't like the arena, but she acknowledges the practicality of it.  After all, keeping a Diomedian prisoner for the rest of his days is hardly equestriane, and releasing him is not an option either.

My talk with Friesden today was...less than productive, I think.  She heard about the arena fight and only gave me derisive comments about it.  Hopefully tomorrow she'll be in a less abrasive personality...

Chapter 44

I've never been so proud of the Guard than I was today! 

The markspony squad was practicing their archery and tactics in the caves today on creeping eyes after dispatching several gorlaks.  Apparently Ironya was the first to spot those things.  Hunting has become quite the training exercise for the fighting ponies of Glitter Glen.  It's great practice and puts good meat on the table, so everypony wins.

Anyway, they upset a huge swarm of creeping eyes, and retreated, sounding for assistance.  They had run out of bolts, and while the eyes aren't too dangerous, they most certainly couldn't be allowed to follow the retreating marksponies into the fort proper.  The Guard formed ranks and dealt with the swarm calmly and efficiently, relying on each other to cover their personal weaknesses.  I was about to sound the all clear when I heard a roar that had dust shaking from the stalactites above: A Cave Troll!  We returned to formation instantly and advanced on the beast.  Through teamwork, we were able to slay the monster with no injuries.  Kussad struck the final blow, coming in from above with his spear while the rest of us harried it from the ground.  I couldn't help but beam at the rest of the Guard for their teamwork and dedication!

I'll be telling Friesden this tale of friendship shortly.  With any luck, more examples of strong individuals being taken down by weaker groups will show her the strength in friendship.

Chapter 45

I used to think parasprites were kind of cute, my book.  After seeing what one did to a war dog, not so much.  The Guard and the Army have been chasing the little winged buggers for the past week or two, so I didn't even notice the caravans arrive.

I've never seen two caravans in the depot before.  One was from the rainbow ponies, as they call themselves.  It's heartwarming and a bit weird to talk to rainbow ponies, they are a culture of diomedian, cave and ordinary ponies.  They're quite friendly, even when getting confused looks from the more sheltered residents of Glitter Glen.  They also have excellent magic tomes, their diversity giving them an excellent range of arcane knowledge.

The other Caravan was from our Princess!  Apparently she's quite happy with how we've doing here, as we are now a county instead of simply a territory!  Charity has been made a Countess now, and she fully deserves the title.  Most nobles I've seen were full of themselves and helped nopony, but Charity has worked hard to guide Glitter Glen to where it is today.  Just the thought of doing paperwork in addition to everything else she does makes me blanch.

The caravan itself was a bit odd, at least to me.  When I asked them about any books on magic, they looked confused for a moment before snickering and congratulating me on a decent prank.  I decided to not press the issue.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they figured an alicorn wouldn't need arcane tomes.

I like using inequestriane in place of inhumane, inpony does feel a bit off. 

Khenal would be more than happy to lend Charity any books she asks.  In fact, she's one of the few ponies in the fort who might recognize that some of them are in Khenal's hornwriting (hoofwriting?), even one or two from the caravan...

Edited for minor grammar/spelling
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:39:45 pm by Khenal »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2011, 08:45:24 pm »

whaaat? nothing about me? :o
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »

Friesden's Diary

I'm happy here, my other self. I know you read this, lesser me, so why don't you talk to me? Talking is weakness, nuncle. Dearie, you're a bit full of yourself. Greater, lesser, all are equal. Greater self, what is 'equal'? Equality is what alicorns have. Not even them, nuncle.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 665