Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281383 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #540 on: October 30, 2011, 05:36:13 am »

Dearie?  Is this her darker half again, or somepony new?

"We were talking about friendship, it seems she's had little opportunity to experience it.  I've been trying my best to explain it, but she's rather nervous about what her father would think."

Is that the voice of the darker Friesden that I've heard before?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 30, 2011, 05:50:25 am »

((I have no idea. What Dsarker has done here i would never have foreseen.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 30, 2011, 05:52:06 am »

I was thinking it was different

"Well, dearie, it's her father, you see. I'm sorry, I can't talk about it more. You're the second pony to talk to me, besides her. Recently, I mean. You see, dearie," she leans close, "I'm dead."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 30, 2011, 06:01:39 am »

I raise an eyebrow at hearing such a frank admission, especially this one.  'At least it's not her darker side.'

"Um...I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds like you were very important to her.  Can you help me explain friendship to her?  She's very hurt right now, and I'm afraid of what may happen if she has to continue on alone."

Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 30, 2011, 06:23:59 am »

"Friends? Sorry, dearie, you'll have to forgive an old lady...what are 'friends?' I would like to help her. I couldn't bear a grudge towards my child."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 30, 2011, 06:42:29 am »

No, do not facehoof.  You do not facehoof when talking to the kindly ghost of sompony whose daughter really needs help.

"Um, where to begin?  You want to help her and don't bear a grudge against her, that's part of friendship there.  Friends want to see each other happy, and are there to console each other when they are sad.  They make the good times great and make the worst times better.  They are a calming voice in burning anger, and an encouragement when you're not sure you can go on.  Friendship makes anything possible, and is perhaps the greatest force for good that ponies have access to."

I just wanted to say that while using spell-check for eachother, one of the potential corrections was "psychotherapy", which I found hilarious.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 30, 2011, 06:47:01 am »

"Well, at least I don't think I bear a grudge, dearie. But I don't really know. Dearie, I'm not her real mother, do you understand? I'm a memory. She doesn't think I'd bear a grudge against her, so I don't. But I can't tell you something she doesn't know. Maybe I did feel a grudge. I'm sorry I can't help you more, dearie."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 30, 2011, 06:51:38 am »

"Can you tell me why she might think you would have any reason to bear her a grudge?"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 30, 2011, 06:54:29 am »

Don't mind me. Just posting some things. Please continue on with your conversation.

Charity's Journal 5th Timber 97

As I write this Thundersplinter is in the processes of moving her possessions into her new room in the wooden tower. Her new room is one floor above her private carpentry shop. I understand her desire to live up their, but I hope she won't forget to come down to visit the rest of us occasionally.

Charity's Journal 12th Timber 97

The forest is teeming with parasprites. They're harassing our woodcutters.

Our ranger's have just informed me that a cave pony caravan has been spotted just over the hill. Best start moving our goods to the Trade Depot.

Charity's Secret Journal 13th Timber 97

I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but well... The Marks pony squad was sent up to the walls to watch for the cave pony caravan. While they were sitting there, bored and taking the occasional shot at a passing parasprite. One of the little buggers decided to fight back. It rammed Tecak three times. Bruising his wings and chest, knocked the wind right out of him (bruised lungs). He probably could have avoided the blow better one of his legs wasn't still in a cast, but still to see a full grown pony have the crap beat out of him by a parasprite, is just too funny. Of course he then shot the thing twice pinning it to the wall with a pair of bolts.

Charity's Secret Journal 27th Timber 97

Cryptson's adopted another kitten. He named it etol.

Also, I noticed Peytrel polishing his axe in the dinning area earlier, not worth mentioning in itself, but I think I heard him talking to it, think he called it his baby.

Charity's Journal 1st Moonstone 97

Winter has officially arrived on the calender, and our deadline for the offering to the Princess is drawing near. I've ordered the production of several more crafts to be made including electrum goblets, clear glass glasses, sterling silver and brass instruments, yarn robes, and cloth dresses, all decorated with gems of every color, and hoofworked bone, horn, and shell. Hopefully we will meet the deadline. I wouldn't worry, but we did trade more than we probably should have to the cave ponies. All our craftponies are going to have to put in overtime to meet the production goal.

OOC: Yeah, I could use food to meet the self set goal of 10,000 without even trying or caring about the loss, but that's too easy. Of cource 10,000 is really low with any type of goods, assuming you can make a lot of them easily, I'll probably increase my set goal for next year.

Also, Venture is four years old, as of last in game month. Why do I mention that? Because Peytrel's only six. Yeah, we're a year or two away from Venture being a full grown pony. Have you given any thought to what he's going to do as a young adult?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 30, 2011, 06:59:33 am »

"Why, of course, dearie! The reason is that she killed me, of course. I don't blame her."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:03 am »

I really hope she only is blaming herself and didn't literally kill her own mother.

"I...find that hard to believe.  While she's seemed afraid of her father, she seems comforted by you.  Was there an accident?"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:16 am »

I find you have not read my remark about there being little plaster powder (I had a hunch) *shrugs*

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 30, 2011, 07:11:43 am »

There's a short chuckling. "Accident, dearie? The only accident was that she hadn't done so sooner. You see, what happened was that she grabbed a scalpel, and stuck it in my neck. Such an innocent, sweet looking child, no one ever suspected her. Her father got the blame."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:49 am »

OK, i'm really confused on how Khenal is going to get outta this mess.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 30, 2011, 07:33:50 am »

My eyes go wide with horror.  'No, that sounds like something the other Friesden would say.  Wait a minute.  Something the other Friesden said!'

" The part of her that...stopped...her father. That saved her mother."

"I...see.  You've also been talking with her darker side."

"Near enough, dearie. What are you doing with my lesser half?"

"I doubt even a memory of her mother would call her a lesser half.  Friesden, I hope you heard my brief description of friendship, because I forgot something:  Friends also forgive, even when we cannot forgive ourselves."

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 665