Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 272354 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2011, 04:03:46 pm »

Hmmm, what enemies we have, except goblins?

Also if Ironya's kid shall be kidnapped or otherwise harmed, this expert weaponsmith will arrange an 'accident' that will include several *iron axe*'s and couple of military ponies.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

Cutie Mark Crusaders Fortress Foals Yay!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe set a few wooden spike weapon traps at the entrances to ensure foal safety?  In my experience, thieves may be trap immune, but snatchers will happily impale themselves on whatever traps are laying around. 
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:29 pm »

Also if Ironya's kid shall be kidnapped or otherwise harmed, this expert weaponsmith will arrange an 'accident' that will include several *iron axe*'s and couple of military ponies.

No goblins in this mod, just Diomedian (spelling?) Ponies, which are basically just goblin ponies. In terms of other dangers, I embarked in a Terrifying area, but the only even slightly dangerous wildlife I've seen are Honey Badger Ponies/Pegasi which aren't even strong enough to threaten an unarmed pony, I'm actually kind of disappointed, last time I played in an evil biome, in vanilla, the fort was destroyed by three Ogres, before the end of the first summer, I learned a lot from that failure.

From the embark information we should get visitors from the Buffalo, Zebra, Ponies, Cave Ponies, and Rainbow Ponies civilizations in addition to the Diomedians. However thus far we have only seen caravans from the Ponies, and the Zebras, however it's early in the forts life yet, others will arrive soon, I'm sure. Our civilization isn't currently at war with any other civs, but that could change after we mine some Diomedimite, and get some more iron. I might antagonize the Buffalo if I'm feeling confident, after all Buffalo have no cutie mark, they have no purpose in life, they are worthless, and good for nothing other than making meat cupcakes, skull totems, and bone bolts. (Modded ethics to allow butchering of enemies, that Diomedian Snatcher Khenal killed could end up in a Big Tasty Stew, assuming the butchers get to it before it rots, they've been busy busting up rotten badger corpses into bones.)

And I don't think Ironya has to worry about her baby much. After that last near slip up I'm going to take a few extra measures to ensure future snatchers don't get the chance to get as close.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »

No goblins in this mod, just Diomedian (spelling?) Ponies, which are basically just goblin ponies. In terms of other dangers, I embarked in a Terrifying area, but the only even slightly dangerous wildlife I've seen are Honey Badger Ponies/Pegasi which aren't even strong enough to threaten an unarmed pony, I'm actually kind of disappointed, last time I played in an evil biome, in vanilla, the fort was destroyed by three Ogres, before the end of the first summer, I learned a lot from that failure.

From the embark information we should get visitors from the Buffalo, Zebra, Ponies, Cave Ponies, and Rainbow Ponies civilizations in addition to the Diomedians. However thus far we have only seen caravans from the Ponies, and the Zebras, however it's early in the forts life yet, others will arrive soon, I'm sure. Our civilization isn't currently at war with any other civs, but that could change after we mine some Diomedimite, and get some more iron. I might antagonize the Buffalo if I'm feeling confident, after all Buffalo have no cutie mark, they have no purpose in life, they are worthless, and good for nothing other than making meat cupcakes, skull totems, and bone bolts. (Modded ethics to allow butchering of enemies, that Diomedian Snatcher Khenal killed could end up in a Big Tasty Stew, assuming the butchers get to it before it rots, they've been busy busting up rotten badger corpses into bones.)

And I don't think Ironya has to worry about her baby much. After that last near slip up I'm going to take a few extra measures to ensure future snatchers don't get the chance to get as close.

Have you seen the mentally advanced MLP series?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »

Yes, and it is one of my favorite abridged series, and yes I was referencing what Pinkie Pie said to Gilda, about griffins, in her episode. I also liked Friendship is Witchcraft, (another abridged series) but not quite as much. Anyway, will try to update again, tomorrow after class. Apologies again about the slow rate of stuff, physics and math classes keeping me busy, so I don't have as much time as I'd like.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »

Yes, and it is one of my favorite abridged series, and yes I was referencing what Pinkie Pie said to Gilda, about griffins, in her episode. I also liked Friendship is Witchcraft, (another abridged series) but not quite as much. Anyway, will try to update again, tomorrow after class. Apologies again about the slow rate of stuff, physics and math classes keeping me busy, so I don't have as much time as I'd like.

Did think you were :P
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2011, 02:03:08 am »

Thanks for the info, KingStrongbeard, didn't know ThunderSplinter had any combat skills, that changes a few things.

Cheerz,
Darkening Kaos, CIS.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2011, 09:46:44 am »

Thanks for the info, KingStrongbeard, didn't know ThunderSplinter had any combat skills, that changes a few things.

Cheerz,
Darkening Kaos, CIS.

He didn't have any originally, but all of the starting 7 have at least Dabbling due to the initial Honey Badger Pegasi attack. Thundersplinter also has one kill from that attack if I'm not mistaken.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:12 am »

Hi again book!  It's me Venture!
I just remembered that I forgot to tell you about my family!  Sorry about that, I can be really forgetful sometimes.  Well first there's my mommy and daddy.  Daddy is the best carpenter EVER! He use to make really pretty bed and doors and all sorts of stuff back home.  I mean old home, sorry book. Mommy used to sing and dance for the noble ponies back home because she was so pretty and was the best singer in the whole town and even teaches me how to sing really good too. Some times she would come home really late at night crying or hurt or both after dancing for the nobles and daddy would get super angry at them and start saying lots of bad words about them and taking out his ax but mommy would always say that there was nothing they could do and it was just how things were, and then they would both start crying and hugging and ----
Sorry book, I wanna wright about something else now. 
Then there's my brother who is a unicorn so he has a horn but no wings like me.  His name is Peytrel, like the armor thing.  He's older than me and some times he can be SUPER MEAN!!  Like when he uses his magic to carry icky gross spiders and chase me around with them like a jerk, or when he wants to play adventurer and bandit and I'm ALWAYS the bandit! He hits way too hard with his stick and he can use magic but I cant so hes way better! He says he has to hit hard so he can learn to be a soldier some day but I tell him he's too pudgy to be a soldire and then we get into a huge fight and we both get sent to time out and it was so not my fault!  Other times he can be nice too, like how he tell's me bead-time stories when mommy and daddy are too busy with work and how he is always the first pony to come when I have my wired bad dreams and the one time he bucked one of those big mean ponies when they were trying to take me away because I have wings and a horn.  He is a really brave pony and I don't say it, but I think he will be the best most super brave soldier ever!
New home has lotsa other ponies too.  There's the big green pony that's like me. His name is Khenal and he is super nice and strong and hansom nice. He has been doing lots of jobs around the fort but he said that if he has time he would teach me some magic!  He has a book too that he calls "his Book", so that's why I call you book. He is so Awsum!
There's no other foals like me in new home but there is this little Pegasus newborn that is SO CUTIE! With his little tail and tinny wings and his soooo adorable laugh!  I can't remember his name but I like to call him "Bubbly" because of his laughing.
There's also Ms. Charity and Mr. Cryptson.  Ms. Charity is bossy and Mr. Cyptson is kinda creepy so I stay away from them. 
Starkey is the milita comsti  commisi  comisar boss pony.  He always wheres this shiny armor and is a great fighter!  My brother is always trying to talk to  him and folwos him around sometimes. I don't think he even notice's him, but my brother is stubborn as a mule and he'll keep going until he dose notice him. Ms. ThunderSplinter says she is the best carpenter here but I know my daddy is way better! She wants to build a big wood tower that sounds super cool!  Dr. Friesden is the midcal medical pony and has this funny eye twitch. 
There's lots of others like Theropod and Benoni and Pillomino and... some others I can't remember but I'm running out of room so I'll stop now. 
Goodnight book!
---------------------------
That's right Ironya, I just nik-named yo babby! Hope it's OK.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:48:52 am by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2011, 11:54:04 am »

It'sa be okay~~

Actually, King Strongbeard, name my first kiddo 'Bubel' :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

8) Adventure Time Bitches!  8)
---------------------------------------
Book, something really scary happened today.
When I was down in the tunnels way below the ground I heard these wired sounds.  I got scared because it was weird and I didn't know what it was, but then I thought that it might be a pony in trouble, trapped under a rock or something, so I ran towards the sound as fast a I could but when I got there it wasn't a pony at all!  It was a HUGE ENORMOUS SPIDER THAT WAS ON FIRE!!!     
I screamed and ran away as fast as I could but it chased me and was so fast that it almost got me!  I ran for a long time and got lost cause no other pony was around and I ran into the tome of some pony named Lolum that Khenal had told me about.  I though that I was donefor for sure, but then some big strong pony with grey wings yelled at the giant fire spider to leave me alone.  The spider charged at him and there was this huge awssome battle as he fought the spider! He was like Raaaaaggaaa!! and kicking it a bunch of times and it was all like SKAWWWKAKAKWKAWAAA!! and it snapped at him and spit fire at him it was so cool i wish my brother was there he would have really liked it so COOL!!!   But the the spider hit him agenst the wall super hard and was going to stab him with its claw when he SHOT MAGIC RAINBOW FIRE OUT OF HIS MOUTH AND BURNED IT TO A SMALL PILE OF ASHES!!!!  It. Was. Awesome! 
Afterward he came up to me and asked me if I was OK.  He was really happy I was and made me promise not to play in the tunnels anymore but before I could say thank you he disapired!  Then my brother and daddy and a bunch of other ponies came running in and blamed ME for knocking over the sarcofigufus and other stuff in the tomb.  I told them about the big fight and the spider and stuff but they didn't believe me.  I got spanked a lot and got sent to bed with no supper AND I have to wash all the floors all  by myself! 
You believe me though, don't you Book?
-----------------------------------------------
Super fun near death experience!  Yay!

Also, Dsarker keep a hold on the pair of wings, I have an idea for another adventure involving them. Don't worry, Friesden won't get found out at all!  Not even the foals will figure it out with it starring them in the face.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:29:30 pm by thetyler101 »

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:30 pm »

The Journal of Cap'n Starkey

That little shadow of mine, Peytrel, came running up today babbling something about his little sister and some great flaming spider or somesuch. I put it off as a game of pretend - hells, I had quite the imagination as a colt - until Miss Charity came in right after him about the same thing. We found her in Lolum's tomb, with no trace of the beast.

The wierd thing is this: the filly claims she saw... well, she said a pegasus with grey wings came in and slew the beast by burning it to ash. Miss Charity and the filly's parents blew it off as an overactive imagination, and she got in trouble for disturbing Lolum's tomb. I don't buy that.

I went back to his tomb today, and I found a pile of ash and chitin in the corner. The seal on his sarcophagus is broken too. I told his old wingleader, and she agrees.

Good job son. I'm proud of you, and I'm sorry.

PS: remember to tell Khenal about Friesden. I've noticed how she watches him, lingering on his wings and... flanks, but I don't think he even sees her. Between training, guard duty, and carpentry, the kid needs something besides work to take up his time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:17:36 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 7

I read through you and realized something, my Book: I haven't really written anything happy in you.  Like any book, you should give a good impression of what's going on, and I've done you wrong.  I haven't mentioned how happy I am here, how so much better life is here than at the Capital.  I don't know a whole lot of ponies personally here, but everyone is friendly.  The few foals around Glitterglen are adorable.  Past adorable.  Like diabetes and a heart attack from cuteness. 

Huh.  I am not a poet, that's a terrible analogy. 

Venture and Peytrel, the little alicorn and unicorn respectively, really bring life to this place.  Peytrel wants to join the military when he grows up and is constantly trying to get tips from Captain Starkey.  Venture noticed me writing in you, my Book, and asked what I was doing.  I explained about you and she seemed almost awestruck.  The next day, I saw her carrying around a little book of her own.  She's also asked me to teach her magic.  I'm nothing special when it comes to magic, though I do know that alicorn magic is different from unicorn magic.  I'll try my best, but I think she needs to be a bit older before she'll be able to do much.

Chapter 8

Lolum still watches and protects us.  Nopony was too worried when Venture couldnt be found, at least at first.  She's quite energetic and her and Peytrel are often off exploring the depths of the fortress.  When her brother asked where she was, then we worried.  Diomedian snatchers always came in twos, never threes.  Right?

Please?

Crashing sounds from Lolum's tomb had us all galloping as fast as our hooves would take us.  Inside, we found little Venture.  When she saw us, she started gushing excitedly about a pony with gray wings that saved her.  At first I thought the Captain had found her, until she said it breathed rainbow fire and incinerated the fire spider(?) and saved her.  Nopony else believed her, I don't think they noticed the little pile of ashes. 

How could they not notice those scorch marks, though?!  Then I thought of something: Lolum didn't want them to see.  Or maybe they really couldn't see them.  I thought back to my first fight with the badgerpegasi.  I haven't been that collected in a fight since.  I think Lolum helped me, lent me his skill against the enemies of GlitterGlen.  Even beyond the grave, he is doing his part to protect these ponies.  How can I do anything less? 

I think I'll try showing Venture some mental exercises.  She may be too young to actually channel her magic, but I can help her learn to focus and concentrate.  A good foundation is important.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

Hey, I just realized something.
The origin of this fort is that a bunch of pony criminals (in the eye's of the nobles at least, Slade beds mandates probably) were banished to this hell hole, so if news of the settlement thriving (more or less) reaches the capital, what will happen? 
Demands for goods?
Cutting off trade?
Unreasonable taxes?
Taking the credit, saying this was planed all along?
Sending the more violent criminals to us?
All of the above?

DID THEY ALREADY SELL US OUT TO THE DIOMEDIANS!?!?!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »

Friesden's Diary

We need time off. The precious does not get injured. Nopony is fighting. This frustrates us! We must ensure that something allows us to attach the precious' wing extensions to the precious soon. It will happen soon, precious, don't you worry!

In meantime, we must make sure nopony gets hurt. Is boring at the moment. Nothing to do. Nopony to practice on. Must find new goal.

PS. I don't have anything to put in my PS today.

Love, Friesden
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 665