Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281481 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #750 on: November 06, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »

((Is Pillomino owned by someone?))

Yes, Pillomino was claimed by someone a long time ago (somewhere in the first 10 pages, I think, I'll look for it later). But they haven't posted anything, in weeks.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 06, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »

Starkey and Carrot arrive at the Captain's office. Starkey knocks on the door.

"Khenal? Khenal, I know you're in there. Open up. We need to talk. Now."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 06, 2011, 09:17:31 pm »

((Khenal went offline...again...?))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 06, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »

(( I was starting to wonder when the dwarven pony justice system would bite Khenal in the ass for taking the position as captain :P ))

Khenal's Book, Chapter 47

So, Caverns have some very strange thigns in them.  A few days ago, horrific roars were heard from the deeps, but nothing appeared.  The Army was mobilized and stationed, with both the ground squad and the markspony division ready to engage whatever dared show itself.  They later described it as a gigantic, gaunt, feathered crab, which it certainly looked like from the corpse.  Happily, the Guard doesn't hold a monopoly on teamwork and tactics, and Commander Starkey was able to lead them to victory without casualties, or even significant injuries!  I keep saying it, but nopony is better suited to running the defense of Glitter Glen than Commander Starkey.

Chapter 48

Ugh, paperwork and low priority crime.  Apparently, the export of amulets had been forbidden for whatever reason, and some got traded anyway.  Charity came down to my office earlier with a list of ponies who had violated the ban, and several names were surprising.  Thunder Splinter, Pilomino and Venture's father were among the "smugglers" I recognized on the list.  Charity wanted to throw the book at all of them to set an example, but I told her we have laws and investigations for a reason.  And besides, they were only amulets.  At worst, have them pay a fine to replace them.

I've been poring through my books to try to figure out Carrot's condition, or to figure out a spell to help me figure out his condition.  So far, I've not found anything concrete about what he may have become, but I've found several nice spells for examining magic fields and sensing energies.  I might try a few next I see Carrot if he's willing.

Huh, it's been a while since I sent out a few of the Guard to gather the suspects.  It shouldn't take this long to find a few ponies and let me know they are ready to be interviewed.  I hope nothing has happened.

Huh?  Commander Starkey?

"Commander Starkey?  Come in, come in."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 06, 2011, 09:21:10 pm »

Looking very sheepish, I walk in, doing my best to hide behind Starkey.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:23:21 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »

"Evening Khenal. Listen, I'm sorry we don't have time to chat, but this is important: How well do you trust your men?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 06, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »

I give Starkey a slightly confused look.

"Um, pretty well?  They've been paying attention during training and showing great teamwork.  I haven't gotten to know many of them personally yet, but I do trust them.  I was actually about to try to find a few of them.  I sent them out" I glance at a clock "...a few hours ago?  That can't be right, they're just supposed to be bringing in a few ponies to interview about accidentally violating an export ban."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 06, 2011, 09:36:34 pm »

"A few ponies like Bokbon? Nanges? Pillomino? Thundersplinter? Peytrel and Venture's father?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 06, 2011, 09:37:54 pm »

"IDIOT! THEY MURDERED OUR MEN! I thought I could trust you, Khenal!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 06, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »

"What?!  Murdered?!  When?  Who?  What?!"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 06, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »

"...Starkey. I think we both know what the punishment for treason is."
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 06, 2011, 09:46:24 pm »

"Bokbon and Nanges are dead, killed by your guards in cold blood. Thundersplinter is bed-ridden in the hospital, Doc Bubbles says she's lucky to be alive. Peytrel told me his father is in one of your cells. Now I'll ask you One. More. Time. How well do you trust your men?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 06, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »

'Would any of my men really abuse their position like that?  I Doubt it.  Would Commander Starkey lie about something like this, even as a prank?  Never.  Why does evidence never tell me nice things?'

"Not as much as I trust you, Starkey.  Where are the guards responsible?"

I levitate my spear from the corner to rest along my side.

"I think I need to talk to my men."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 06, 2011, 09:57:42 pm »

Enraged, I say,
"Khenal...I...I cannot believe you would...you're sick. Absolutely sick. I cannot believe I wanted to be friends with someone like you!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 06, 2011, 09:59:31 pm »

"Istlig. Ittlig Konabor killed Bokbon and Nanges. I don't know where he is now. I don't know who else is responsible, and quite frankly..."

Starkey draws his axe, falling into step with Khenal.

"I don't give a parasprite's arse."

"Oh Seargent? Do me a favor. First, calm the clop down. He's not responsible. If you can't trust him, then at least trust me. Then, I need you to head to the barracks and rouse Leiutenant Otik, tell her to gather her two best shooters, gear up, and meet me outside the armoury in thirty."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 665