Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281474 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #735 on: November 06, 2011, 02:03:52 am »

"bad news, because then the good news will leave me with a better mood...probably."
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 06, 2011, 02:16:32 am »

"Well, the bad news is that I don't know what your condition is.  The good news, however, is that I know what you aren't.  You are not a zombie.  Zombies are mindless and propelled by necromantic energies.  Simply being able to talk to you is a significant hint you are no zombie, and your temperature is also a strike against being a zombie.  The book says the energies moving a zombie makes them tend to be room temperature, but you are very cold.  I think you are actually using your own thermal energy to move.  Um, sorry if I sound a bit...clinical?  There's just so much more that I feel we need to discover to help you, and I think we may be stuck with having to experiment on our own, at least until I can get some new books."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 06, 2011, 02:20:06 am »

"So...In essence, you have a zero understanding of how my whole body continues to function without a working heart and blood flow. Oh my...what's Kil going to say when all of my skin is gone?"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 06, 2011, 02:36:47 am »

"Well, nothing concrete anyway.  I don't even know if your skin is going to totally flake away.  It's really another tally in the you-aren't-a-zombie column, zombies tend to have their skin slowly rot away around whatever wounds they have.  If they had no wounds, the uh... soft tissues around orifices...rot first.  Um..."

I pause, unsure how to proceed after that awkward revelation.

"I'll, uh, keep looking for any more information.  Why don't you try to get some sleep, and try to eat something?"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:42:50 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 06, 2011, 10:25:31 am »

Charity's Journal 26th Granite, 98

Rumblings in the deep. No pony has seen the cause yet, but it's getting closer. I have mobilized the entire militia to the cavern entrance.
The battle is begun, Efim Ripeseeds and Peytrel, the axe ponies, are the first two to reach the creature. They are quickly followed by many others as they all attack the ancient evil together. The monster is slain in seconds.

(The entire combat report is posted below.)

Charity's Journal 28th Granite 98

The Creature that was heard in the deep two days ago has been slain. Our militia killed it with zero difficulty.

(Uh, uh-oh. Um. We have incoming fun. Prepare yourselves.)

Charity's Journal 7th Slate 98

I told them. I told those ponies. I told them that no amulets were to be exported from Glitterglen. But did they listen? NO! They did it anyway. I can't allow such blatant disrespect for our laws to go on. I've acquired a list of those ponies responsible for this outrage. 10 of them. Including Pillomino and Thundersplinter! I thought we could trust those two at least. I've drawn lots and the four losers will be beaten, while the rest will spend time in prison. I've given the order to the guard.
And so the beatings began. First up was Bokbon Shigosotil, a loyal member of Starkey's own squad, she was beaten by Officer: Istlig Konabor, in the Trade Depot where her horrendous crime took place, until she was dead, a tragedy, that will undoubtedly, put a divide between the militia and the guard.

Among those imprisoned we have Pillomino, and Venture's father, (200 and 100 days respectively) among others. Due to overcrowding of the cells, Pillomino, is being forced to share a cell with...Friesden. (Fun times)

The second victim, of Officer: Istligs beatings, Nanges Lisigbol, a double legend, in both glass-making and in the operation of siege weapons. He was beaten in the main hallway, trying to run away the entire time, but being struck again and again, until, the officer smashed his head between his hammer and the wall, killing the poor pony.

The third to be beaten. Thundersplinter, was sitting in the dinning hall, attending a party thrown by the Count Consort Cryptson, when suddenly Officer Tunur, came up and kicked her in the leg, bite her in the upper body, and proceeded to administer justice with his silver war-hammer, that ranks among the finest of weapons Ironya has ever produced. Thunder became enraged and lashed out, but was ineffectual and quickly knocked back down by the powerful hammer blows. But then, the beating stopped, and the officer left her, a broken shadow of her former self, but alive. A passing earthpony, then carried the broken pegasus to the hospital, so she could recover.

And the final beating was dealt to one of our more skilled butchers who while bruised, has survived. (finally got him to drop that damn Steel War Hammer and use a training weapon for his beatings.)

Charity's Journal 10th Slate, 98
Katak, a low skilled, earthpony, metal crafter has been possessed.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:48 pm »

The Journal of Cap'n Starkey

- - - - - -

7th Slate, '98

That bitch.

And here I had hoped that maybe we could do things better here. I thought Miss Charity had a level enough head on her shoulders, and we wouldn't fall back into the barbarism that's tearing the old kingdom apart. But no. She got a little taste of power, and now she's just another tyrant, letting her stormtroopers parade around murdering at will. They.. they killed Bokbon, in the middle of the trade depot for everyone to see. Corporal Peytrel told me they carted his father off in irons - thank Kulet they didn't do worse.

I need to speak to Khenal immediately. This order can't have gone through him, he wouldn't have allowed it. If somepony in the guard is going over his head, he needs to know immediately. If not... we'll be having a long talk about a few things.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:43:32 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 06, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »

Realizing I hadn't checked in with Captain Starkey in a long while, I go and look for him.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 06, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »

Starkey is sitting at the desk next to his bunk, staring at the pages of his journal. He does not look up as he addresses Carrot.

"Evening Seargent. Haven't seen you about in awhile."

He spares him a quick glance, before returning his gaze to the book.

"You look like shit."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 06, 2011, 03:58:15 pm »

"Gee, thanks. Other than the fact that I can APPARENTLY can survive without a working heart, and my skin falling off, nothing is new."
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 06, 2011, 04:00:52 pm »

Starkey closes his journal, stepping away from the desk.

"Sorry, I... didn't mean to be so harsh. It's just... you heard what happened today?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 06, 2011, 04:02:27 pm »

((Is Pillomino owned by someone?))

Friesden had decided to chat with her new room mate.

"Hi! Do you like scalpels? I like scalpels. They keep trying to take them away, but someone always gets them back for me!"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 06, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

Starkey closes his journal, stepping away from the desk.

"Sorry, I... didn't mean to be so harsh. It's just... you heard what happened today?"
"Yeah, I heard. Now, I have to ask you something. How am I alive without a working heart?! Khenal didn't give me a straight answer!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 06, 2011, 04:41:50 pm »

"I... I don't know. But I intend to get some straight answers of my own out of him. Walk with me."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 06, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »

I follow silently, expecting the worst.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 06, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »

Frieden's Diary

Other self, you must listen! We know what happens throughout the fortress! Nuncle, our time is at hand! Khenal ordered the death of two ponies, dearies. All must know. You must know this, greater me. We must take this advantage. Even he, nuncle, will fall.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 665