Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281370 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #570 on: October 31, 2011, 02:32:39 am »

*I notice that miss Charity is talking to Carrot.*
"Erm, miss Charity, Sergeant Carrot appears to have a very powerful case of amnesia. It appears that he has forgotten almost everything he has experienced in his life."
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 31, 2011, 03:03:21 am »

"Of course not, but theory will only take you so far.  There are things that only a hands-on education will give, and much of friendship is learned by experience."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 31, 2011, 03:35:26 am »

"Do you want me to tell you want my little darling knows about friends so far? She knows they bring out the worst in ponies, the hate and violence. Not that she knows it by those terms, the innocent little sweetie, but she can feel it, dearie. Did you ever ask her why she killed me, dear? It could help you a lot."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:26 am »

Charity looks back at Carrot, slight concern evident on her face. She then turns back to Bubbles and says, "What caused it? Have you informed his wife? Kil needs to know about her husband's condition."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 31, 2011, 04:11:38 am »

Ya, that's not a loaded question at all.  But maybe talking about it could bring her closure...

"Hate and violence?  You really don't know about friendship.  I'll ask, but not to help me.  It's to help her.  Friesden?  Why did you...

It has to be blunt, she needs to deal with this part of herself.  Sugarcoating it won't help her.

"...Why did you kill your mother?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 31, 2011, 04:31:00 am »

The motherly tones fade, and a new monotone appears.

"Weak. She was weak. Cattle to the slaughter. Weakness must be purged. I had to do it."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:20 am »

"Why?"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 31, 2011, 04:43:49 am »

"He was possessed by a daemon, as Khenal and Starkey will probably have told you. When it left, he appeared to have lost all memory. As for telling his wife...I have been looking for her, but have been unable to find her.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:36 am »

"Weak cannot protect themselves from the strong. No mercy. No mercy. Save them from suffering. They must die."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:29 am »

"No mercy, but also save them?  You're contradicting yourself, Friesden.  So, why must they die?  Why did you kill your mother?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 31, 2011, 04:49:41 am »

"Better that the weak die than that they live. My mother was weak. They must be cleansed from the species."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 31, 2011, 04:59:42 am »

"To preserve a species?  If only the strong should survive, why preserve a weak species?  You still haven't answered my question, Friesden: Why did you kill your mother?"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 31, 2011, 05:01:36 am »

"Ah yes, the possession."

Charity racks her mind thinking back many many years to when she was a young filly, trying to remember her magic lessons.

"I've never heard of a possession leading to memory loss before. Do you think the spirit cast some sort of amnesia spell on him before it left? Or could the amnesia be induced by some kind of emotional trauma? In the case of magic then you should probably take him to Khenal. Khenal's been reading alot of books on magic and might be able to help. But if it's his own mind causing it, then seeing his wife and foals might help him remember."

"But you said you couldn't find her? That seems strange. Have you seen his oldest foal around? You could ask them where she went."

His wife if it matters is a unicorn named Kil, she has no skills, and is thus just a peasant.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 31, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

"To cleanse the species of her taint. The weak must die. Only the strong should survive."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 31, 2011, 05:15:38 am »

"Strong individuals are easily taken down by multiple weaker opponents.  Do you remember the Colossus?  None could hope to handle it alone, but as a group we were able to defeat it.  Though we lost ponies in the fight, the weak overcame the strong.  These bonds that allow we mere ponies to overcome such adversities are no taint, Friesden.  They are the only real strength we can hope to have."

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 665