Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281187 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #5565 on: December 22, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »

"YOU...DID....YOU...KHENAL!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!" Carrot punches Khenal in his back.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: December 22, 2011, 11:04:04 pm »

Falcata scowls at Carrot and pushes him back.  "Carrot, please, you're not helping..."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: December 22, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »

"GAH!  Carrot, please!"

I spend a few moments recovering before answering Falcata.

"I did it because I may have done something very bad, and removing my magic for a time was the best solution I could think of.  There shouldn't be any permanent damage, I was careful."

Realizing how hypocritical that sounded, I try to give a reassuring smile.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:57 pm »

"Khenal...I can't even look at you anymore...how foolish..." Carrot stomps out of the hospital.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: December 22, 2011, 11:11:48 pm »

((A gigantic magic wall made of text and bent on delivering plot approaches!))

Charity's Journal 12th Sandstone 99

Today has been madness. It started innocently enough I was sitting in my office filling out the paper work to mandate the construction of more amulets, but then I heard the sound of yelling from downstairs. I went to investigate, and found the Late Psycho Carrot, seemingly having taken physical form fighting with Otik. Once the fight was broken up Carrot gave me a pocket watch, which he said belonged to his deceased wife Kil. He said it would be important, but looking at it, it seems quite mundane, never the less I'll keep it on my person, just in case.

After that he hinted that we should go explore his tomb, we wanted to wait till Khenal could walk again, but we where forced by the spirit to go right then. Falcata, Otik, and myself, helped Khenal to make his way up the stairs. When we got the tomb we found that a hole had been blown in the side of the tower, and rope lead out of it. “Had someone been using the hole to enter the fort from the outside”, I thought to myself. However, Psycho revealed that the cult held meetings on the top of the tower, he wanted us to charge them, we explained that that was foolish, we didn't know the numbers and with Otik having gone back down to watch the children, the only ponies that could stand where Carrot, Falcata, and myself. We wanted to get help, but Psycho insisted that we had to act now.

We made our way to the top of the tower, I laid Khenal down and we saw that Amberly Vail, was fighting with Couth Darkmane, the apparent leader of this cult. We all assisted her in bringing him down, and killing him. During the fight he tossed a poisoned dagger at me, but Falcata jumped in the way and took the blow to her stomach. She will be rewarded for her bravery. That much I can promise.

After the fight Falcata seemed to be hallucinating, it is from this that I gather the blade was poisoned, I took her down to the hospital where Nurse Venture helped her.

Amberly then went and executed the cultist prisoners, counting Couth there was 7 in all, along with 2 foals that she claimed had been irrecoverably corrupted by the cult.

I was personally surprised to hear that Doctor Allen was among those excecuted, his loss will be felt most of all. Second, his assistant and the apprentice to old Nages (Legendary Glass-worker killed in the amulets incident.) was also put to death, her death means we have nopony who knows how to work glass. A loss. We also lost a pegasus stallion from the guard. Along with a few other less important ponies.

Charity's Journal 13th Sandstone 99

We had a celebratory dinner for us finally dealing with the cultists, hopefully we can put all this behind us. I offered Falcata a position as my captain of my security and she accepted. Carrot confessed to me the secrets of his new body, and I was appalled, he's been reported to Captain Isos, although I don't know what she'll do with him, if anything.

Charity's Journal 26th Sandstone 99

The only foal of Bal our stonecrafter has reached adulthood, the Unicorn Stallion, name Shigos wishes the join the military. I'm putting him the militia under Commander Starkey.

Charity’s Journal 28th Sandstone 99

Bebmal, ((Venture's family.)) had another foal today. Another Pegasus. This one's a little colt.

Charity's Journal 9th Timber, 99

Pokionic was seen in the halls, today showing the aspects of one fey! He's heading to the Leather works shop near the jewlers! ((He's a triple legend in Gem setting, Leather working, and Organizing.)) He's gathered a lot of material and has begun construction on something.

11th Timber 99

I've been working with the smiths to create a hammer for my new captain. It is rediculously over decorative, yet, Ironya promises me it is still very very effective. Work isn't quite done yet though.

12th Timber 99

Pokionic has finished his work, and he's made. A shoe. He's named it Lyricmatches.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Lyricmatches.png

Charity's Journal 16th Timber 99

Scout's have spotted a caravan of cave ponies in the jungle. They will be here in a day or two.

Charity's Journal 24th Timber 99

Our woodcutters working in the cave were ambushed by a tribe of rodent apes, fortunately nopony was hurt. ((game still calls them rodent men, but I thought that sounded wrong in a game with no humans.)) Starkey's militia is hunting down the creatures and plans on killing them. I wish them luck.

((I think Khenal just tried to kill himself. He just flew up the waterfall in his room and was in the area the water flows from, he then got washed back out.))

Charity's Journal 25th Timber, 99

The diplomat from the cave ponies this year was an Underlord. I'd never scene one up close before. With their eight legs, and magical tusks. They are quite intimidating, Though Elot was nice enough, and our meeting went well, brief as it was.

Charity's Journal 28th Timber 99

Falcata's hammer is finally ready. I'm going to go present it to her right now. I've asked the smiths and craftsponies involved to keep quiet about the design, so as far as I know she has no idea what it is yet, I can't wait to see the look on her face when I hand it's case to her, and she opens it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Falcata%27s%20Hammer.png

((I was going to add Blue Jade to it as well, but discovered that gems can't be put on weapons. A pity.))
((Falcata's condition remains unchanged as far as I can tell without her being re-diagnosed.))

((One last note, I'm going to be out of town for the next week. I'll be visiting family up in Michigan. I'll be around on here, but not regularly.  So try not to get Charity directly involved unless absolutely necessary, unless I happen to find time to get involved myself. If for some reason you need Charity to do something, and I'm not online. Telgin you may take the reigns. ))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »

Falcata watches as Carrot storms off and looks back to Khenal.  Khenal had never done anything bad that she knew of.  What could he have meant?  "I... don't understand."

This was completely unlike anything she would normally do, but she was worried about him... and if she could help him, she wanted to do what she could.  "Do... do you want to talk about it?  I mean... I understand if you don't... I won't bother you..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: December 22, 2011, 11:21:56 pm »

I look Falcata in the eyes, considering.

"Actually, I don't really want to talk about it.  But I think I need to.  Do you know why I came to Glitterglen?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: December 22, 2011, 11:24:16 pm »

She shakes her head.  "No... I don't know why you came here.  Somepony like you, I assumed you migrated here by choice.  But, why, no I don't know..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: December 22, 2011, 11:32:05 pm »

I wince a bit as Falcata says "Somepony like you," but soon continue my story.

"It's partially to do with my specialty in magic, Falcata.  I excel at enchantment.  Specifically: mind effecting enchantment.  It's a very powerful and dangerous field of study.  I was heading unique research, trying to give possessed ponies back their minds.  Glitterglen is not the only place to have daemons, though we seem to have far more than our fair share.

"I was a very different pony then.  I didn't see them as ponies, just...research subjects."

I close my eyes and hang my head in shame.  I've dealt with my past, but I'm still not proud of how I treated those poor ponies.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:08 pm »

Falcata's mouth hangs open slightly as she listens.  She had no idea...

"Khenal... I... I had no idea..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: December 22, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »

I open my eyes and solemnly look Falcata in the eyes.

"Very few know.  Eventually, I thought I had solved the problem and had found a spell to stop possession.  It did seem to work, but it had to be maintained.  Either cast regularly, or constantly channeled.  Eventually, somepony messed up.  It snowballed quickly, so many... so many died because of my research.  I... contemplated suicide, but decided I hadn't earned the right to die.

"I couldn't let that be all I left to ponykind.  I couldn't let all those deaths be for nothing.  But I couldn't risk letting my knowledge of magic fall into the hooves of daemons, either.  If a daemon got access to the magic I know... what we've seen so far would be nothing.

"It took me a year, but I finally created a spell to seal memories that wouldn't have to be constantly recast.  With my knowledge sealed, Princess Hugwax had little use for me anymore, and sent me here."

I sigh heavily.

"And I haven't even gotten to the part where I explain why I burned myself out just a few minutes ago..."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: December 22, 2011, 11:57:01 pm »

Pokionic is not a stupid pony.

It might be wrong to refere to oneself in third person, but whos going to know? Perhapes those others from my former home were right,and that I did go native with the Zebra. Neverless, hardly explains why I am here, right? Heh, perhapes leaving for this little town was great, perhapes one of the better things he ever did. Whoops, slipped again. Oh, never actualy said who I was, did I?

I am Pokionic, The Glue Maker.

Heh, those silly Zebras and there silly titles. Well, to be fair, the one time I did make it was with a willing mare who lost her husband to a griffon raid. Brain was caved in by a manticore slave-solder. Neverless, her remains were found, and I was exported. Wonder why. Silly Zebras, to think that making me leave would kill me! Neverless, my skills where needed, and was part of a camp that sold gems to the few Dog packs who where forced to live in the savana. Poor souls. As for my gemworking skills, there is a simple reason, realy.

I am Pokionic, Dragon-decendent.

To be fair, it was something waaayyy down the family tree. As for how, I would like to think Dragon Magic. Whatever the cause, I have a big guy down the family tree, and it gives one certiant...insights into the surroundings. I knew, for instance, that Psycho Carrot would die, but that something was off about it. I knew this even before he died. I can tell a ponies relitives by scent alown, and while I will never admit it, I can tell when one is pregnent or not. Celestia knows how actual dragons deal with this baggage of mential crap. Or perhapes its just what happens when Unicorn blood mixes with a magical creature. Knew a cousin down the line with a bat wings and could breath fire, think he joined the shadowbolts a while back. Twit died when he tried to hold his breath while breathing fire, and it all backed into his lungs.Thats beside the point, however.

I am Pokionic, the Gem-worker,

With all these skills, you may ask, why be a Gemsetter?! Simple: most dont pay attention to one with such a low-key job, even after one makes a nice shoe. Personaly, that shoe was inspired by the fact that the things around here are very much willing to possess one who shows signs of madness. I can only hape that I could be resilant to the things around here, and make some freinds.

After all, Pokionic is not a stupid pony.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:01:41 am by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:51 pm »

Falcata continues to listen intently.  She never knew this side of Khenal... the things she lived with... were utterly insignificant compared to what he felt responsible for.

"Oh, Khenal... I'm so sorry.  If... if it's too personal... I understand..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:20 am »

"It... it needs to be said, Falcata.  I'll see about letting you read my Book, and what's in my Sequel as well after I get out of the hospital.  The other reason I had to burn out is because of Friesden.

"She's had a very hard life, and has very poor mental defense because of it.  I know, I've... I've been in her head.  I've helped her, and seen her overcome her past as well.  But... I fear I may have done something terrible to her.  For a while now, I've worried that she was..."

I choke up at this point, fighting back tears.  After a few moments, I manage to continue.

"...That she was Enthralled.  Yesterday... I think my fear was confirmed.  'As you command.' she said to me.  I-I realized what I had done, the injustice I was dealing to her.  I've... I've burned myself out, Falcata, because it's the simplest way I can think to break her Enthrallment.  The short times I've spend burnt out may not have been enough to allow it to fade, so... I'm trying an extended duration."

By this point, my voice drips with sorrow, but my eyes are dry and determined.

"I love her, Falcata, and I will not have her controlled by anypony.  Especially not me."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: December 23, 2011, 12:21:58 am »

Pokionic woke up in a cold sweat. His sences where tingling. Something big just happened, he just did not know just what. Shifting his weight to the floor, he was alert for anything that might happen.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 665