Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281044 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #5115 on: December 16, 2011, 02:42:19 pm »

((Not at all, I've probably got an earthpony I can spare, and the melee squad still has a hole after the last death, as does the guard. Any preference for the Militia or the Guard? And what about a name? Even if you don't plan on joining in until later, I can go ahead and add you in the fortress and post your ingame image.))

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: December 16, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »

((Any chance of grabbing a male earthpony axe user?  If I can name him Hiero.
   I know dumb joke but I think its funny. Hmm now I wonder if Telgin or Khenal will get it :-\.))

(( I seriously doubt anyone not reading Dawnpick will get why that's a joke.
   Still think it's a cool name, especially if it's said right
    He'd be focused on protectin' his home so I guess the guard. Good to know I'm not annoying anybody.
    Just cause you shouldn't care what others think of you doesn't mean you should be a jerk.))

((I'll probobly join in quick if i end up gettin' mentioned but other then that I feel like I'd just be appearing outta nowhere,
  and kinda steppin on toes. At least until this arc is over.))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:05:58 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:14 pm »

((perhaps i'm misunderstanding something, but are you calling strongbeard a jerk? Never mind, I get it now.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: December 16, 2011, 03:07:42 pm »

((Sorry if I was unclear. Don't wanna insult anyone :(.))
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: December 16, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

Charity's Journal 24th Malachite 99

Due to the number of deaths within our militia and guard, I've decided to draft a new member, an earthpony miller by the name of Hiero will be joining the guard as of today. The other farmers should still be able to keep up without him, I've told Hiero to show a few of them how to properly work the mill so they can do so when he's on duty.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Hiero.png
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:19:30 pm by KingStrongbeard »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: December 16, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »

((Cool, his hair isn't striped fifty different colors.
   Almost never sick, quick to heal, and very flimsy... dude Its a pony version of me!))

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: December 16, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

Charity's Journal 26th Malachite 99

One of Ironya's sons has been taken by a fey mood. And he flew with speed I've never seen right up to the craftsponies workshop, next to Khenal's carpentry shop. He grabbed a bunch of cobalt, a roll of pig tail cloth, some bars of nickel and brass, a crudle's bone, some wool cloth, a few uncut rubicelles, and some zinc. And he's locked the door to the shop.

Charity's Journal 5th Galena 99

Little Odur has finished his artifact, it is a beautiful cobaltite ring. It's called, the Decisive Puzzle and it depicts Babin the god of Loyalty. I'd like to present this ring to somepony who deserves it, but I don't know who yet, I'll think it over, for now it goes into storage.

Charity's Journal 15th Galena 99

Glitterglen is under siege! The zebra have sent an army to wipe us off the map. It seems that from my parley with the leader, they are upset over the "murder" of their diplomat last summer, I tried to explain that he was killed in a diomedian ambush and that it wasn't our fault, but he would not listen, and then he rode off on his war rhino to rejoin his forces. It seems this will mean war. Starkey's Stallions stand at the ready. This is going to get bloody.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:20 pm »

((Can't trust those bloody Eldar!))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: December 16, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

((Wait, wait wait, a zebra riding a rhino? The heck does that work ????))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

((That didn't really happen silly, it's a way of explaining things.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: December 16, 2011, 04:12:02 pm »

((Oh, still seems weird.))

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: December 16, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

((Wait, wait wait, a zebra riding a rhino? The heck does that work ????))

((Heretical magics I'm sure.))

((That didn't really happen silly, it's a way of explaining things.))

((It did happen, well, the riding a war rhino part did, pony civs do use mounts when besieging.))

Charity's Journal 17th Galena 99

As if the army of zebra sitting outside wasn't bad enough, our scouts have reported a small diomedian squad to the north. They're not far from the zebra, maybe, if we're lucky they'll take each other out.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: December 16, 2011, 04:18:53 pm »

((Okay that seal, is epic. Odd that a four legged creature would be riding another one. At least the rhino wasn't riding something.))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: December 16, 2011, 04:19:10 pm »

((My 1.61 fort used to get diomedians riding giant jaguars a lot, hehe.  I think Nidokoenig took a lot of that out for 1.71.  And you're at war with the zebra now?  Shoot, there goes half of the scene where I was going to sort out how Falcata survives the gut rot.  I suppose a zebra could kick her skull in and make it a moot point anyway.  :) ))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: December 16, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »

((I didn't intend to go to war with the zebra, their diplomat just found an ambush for me last year. And yeah, Glitterglen is still using whatever version was the newest when I started it. I don't know if I could upgrade without re-genning the world, and obviously I'd lose the fort if I had to do that. Although if/when Glitterglen falls I'll obviously use the new version for my next Community fort that I already have some ideas for.))

Charity's Journal 19th Galena 99

My hopes of the Diomedians attacking the Zebra was misplaced, they have assaulted our gates, killing a second sentry dog. However, we've raised the gates on them, and the Skyguard are firing on any who get too close. Although a darkbolt hammerer flew over the walls and severely wounded Osal the markspony before the guard killed it, the rest of the diomedians where killed or fled after a few volleys from our archers.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:41:31 pm by KingStrongbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 665