Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281348 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2011, 05:47:24 pm »

my stomach growls so I ask
"Hey...Can I have a cake? I'm hungry!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2011, 12:42:43 am »

"No...no...I can't. Dad will be angry."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 29, 2011, 01:12:58 am »

"Would he really be so upset to see you happy?  And even if he is, we can face him together.  You don't have to be alone any more."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 29, 2011, 01:14:06 am »

((i'm not coming into this one, i'm just watching.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 29, 2011, 01:14:43 am »

((I'm going to bed...*yaaaaaaawn*))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 29, 2011, 02:54:08 am »

Bubbles lay in bed, resting. He was very tired over the days events. The burst of magic he had used seemed to be a one time only use, and he could no longer feel it coursing through her veins. However, he felt triumphant that he had succeeded, surely this was a sign from Armok himself!

((Hows that for a anticlimactic ending? If you guys still think this is not right, just tell me, so i can change it.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:05:06 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 29, 2011, 05:33:40 am »

"Dad...dad doesn't like me talking to strangers. He'll get angry. Where's mum? MUM!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 29, 2011, 10:35:14 am »

As no one has objected I will write a bit about the gods and where Glitterglen fits into the show's cannon. As will be clear in the following bit, we are currently in the time before Equestria existed. Discord is free and powerful, the sisters have not yet imprisoned him in stone, and naturally Nightmare Moon's rebellion has not yet occurred. The following is what the ponies of the Shells of Dance, have been told. It's may not be 100% true, but it is what their religion teaches. Okay, lets get started.

"In the beginning, there was chaos. No light no dark, no up, and no down, and all of these things together. When after many Eons, for unknown reasons the singular chaotic mass of the universe divided. Into light and dark. From this divergence was born Celestia of the Light, and Luna of the Dark. The sister goddesses. For a long time the sister's played together, but eventually, they grew lonely, and so they divided the light and the dark a second time to create the 6 elements of Harmony (laughter, honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness and magic). However, the creation of these six elements had an unintended consequence. By creating these elements they unwittingly created the opposing forces. For Laughter can not exist without sadness, honesty can not exist with deception, loyalty without dishonor, generosity without selfishness, kindness without cruelty, and magic without chaos, none of these things can be without the opposite.

So as the sister's worked, creating the lesser gods that the religions of the world pay worship to and those lesser gods then created all of the ten thousand things in their paradise, the six elements of discord through some unknown malice, formed their own champion, the being we know simply as Discord. Discord could not stand the utopia created by the sisters and the other gods.

Discord's first action, was the transformation of the world of the sister's into Slade, a dark terrible stone filled with his malice, and to corrupt all of the Princesses' servent's into the horrible beings we call Demons. The sister's and their children the gods and goddesses where outraged, they banished Discord and sealed his abominations beneath the great magma sea, and underneath the goddesses gift, the blue metal, Adamantine, so strong, and so charged with the elements of harmony that, not even Discord could undo it.

Though the gods had banished Discord, they were not powerful enough to truly control him, and his initial failure had taught him one thing, he must be subtle in his work, he could not hope to destroy their work all at once but only through slow meticulous corruption from the inside out could it be done. And so Discord returned, apologetic and offered to help the gods recreate that which he had destroyed, and so he works with them, sowing his chaotic magics into their design, and creating his own things, from Discord comes all the foul, twisted, and wicked things in the world, the Diomedians, the Titan's, and the forgotten beasts below all bare his mark."

Well I'm not really happy with it. Looks like poorly written fan-fiction to me, but I guess it'll do. I might add to or alter it later, if I feel inspired to do so.

Since our latest break out of RP seems to have died down I will now include Charity's reaction to the events below.

Charity finished reading the paper in front of her and before lightly dropping Commander Starkey's report on the table next to Captian Khenal's. Her hoof was placed soundly in front of her face for several seconds. She then looked up at the two ponies sitting across from her.

"Commander, Captain, I can hardly believe these reports. Were it any other ponies telling me these things I wouldn't believe them. But, to get to the reason I called you both here, is it turns out Bubbles wasn't lying, when he claimed to have some magic. I feel that this might be a dangerous sign. I direct your memory to the madness that broke out several months ago. During the time that Friesden tried to end herself, madness was erupting throughout Glitterglen, one such example was that we had multiple sightings of an unusual earthpony, FLYING, in the dinning hall. Here is an artist's sketch of the creature."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Bubbles strange powers make him the second unusual pony to be seen in a very short time. I fear the two may be related. Khenal, I want the guard investigating Bubbles. I don't trust him, he might be being influenced by the same force that's been acting on Friesden, and Carrot. Naturally, the fact that he is being placed under suspicion must be kept secret from the general population. And Starkey, as Sargent Carrot's CO you should go and tell his wife Kil about his memory loss. I don't know what induced his amnesia, but it might help him remember himself if he were see his wife and foals."

OOC: Nothing personal ansontan, I just remembered that I briefly mentioned sightings of Screwball before, you did any magic at all, and thus this just seems the most sensible reaction for Charity to have, to another magic earthpony. Although maybe you are being influenced by something? I don't know, it's your character and it's up to you. But it certainly does look that way from the outside.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 29, 2011, 12:24:56 pm »

"Then let us be friends instead of strangers, and search for your mother together."

I like the ancient history, Strongbeard.  Sure it's fan fiction, even crossover fan fiction :P, but it's not bad.  It supports most everything that's been hinted at so far, and now everyone will at least have a common base for any mythical shenanigans we get up to :)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2011, 01:43:05 pm »

Finally, a little order in here. The Master and Ansontan jumped in so fast to an already overcomplicated mental mess. Furthermore, we had stable understandable characters and stories here, now I have absolutely no freakin' idea what has happened the past 15 pages.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 29, 2011, 02:05:14 pm »

That's real horrorshow (super good) Strongbeard, I like it!  I have another one to throw out there.  One that ties the DF universe with the my little pony universe.  I don't have a creation tale written, but you could take it as the world from the gods prospective of things.

The basic premise is that of the creation story on the DF wiiki (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Adamantine scroll to the bottom).  Here's the short version:
The gods want to build a world, but need a source of energy to do so.  The Demons already figured out how to build a world out of slade and for the most part were chillin like villains on said world(s).  The gods had beef with the demons some some reason so they covered there world in molten hot MAGMA.  This understandably pissed the demons off and they attacked the rock, only managing to make it hotter and allowing the gods to do there thang. Eventually they add adamantine to stop the occasional demon from fucking there shit up too often...   and rinse and repeat till you get a multiverse of a million billion gods and worlds.

Now, my part (also some strongbeard):

The big cheese of the multiverse is ARMOK. Spell it all capital because he's a boss. He was the dude that figured out all of the above and was pretty much the defacto ruler of all gods because he was such a bad ass.  He also dose this thing were he destroys and remakes worlds when they get boring but whatever.  Well even gods have needs and eventually this guy falls head over heels for another goddess.  Her name was Faust (see what I did there) and surprisingly, she was not some beautiful love goddess or some craven lust goddess, but some minor deity of horses and art for a tiny human coastal nation on some no name world. Love conquers all.
Cellestia and Luna were both created in the way described by king . I said they had needs, I didn't say they made sense to mortals.  Also like strongbeard said, they were having a hell of a time in the void.  Eventually, the old man got sick of there nonsense, making all sorts of elements and messing around with all sorts magic and spawning trickster gods of chaos (hey we all experimented once in collage), but the big thing that set him off was that they had the audacity to say they knew a better way to build worlds!
The sisters figured they could build an magic imbued anti-Slade that could function as a power source for world forging.  ARMOK was quick to point out that not only would this words foundation be unstable, but the end result would also have to be insanely micromanaged!  You'd have to shake the leaves of the damned trees yourself because all the bloody earth and nature magic would be used to keep the thing from tearing itself apart! 
However, the girls were persistent and ARMOK had it up too hear with there shenanigans and decided to teach them how the real mutivers works.  He destroyed there prototype paradise, forged a REAL world, and had them and there little pantheon rule over it's mortals in PROPER god fashion, none of this waking around amongst them helping garbage.  He figured that in time, she would grow out of this 'paradise' thing and move on with here eternity like everydeity else.
Also, he posted Discord there to keep an eye on things and report back to him, not to mention to do what he dose best to show his daughters how hard being a god truly is, and... because he was feeling too lazy to actually destroy him at the moment.  He is a bit of a dick about keeping it a secret, but then he's a bit of a dick about everything. 

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:20:55 pm by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2011, 02:10:21 pm »

((perfection as always!))
I hop around, laughing of no reason at all
"WHEEE! This is fun!!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2011, 05:20:08 pm »

"No... no, I can't. Dad will be angry. Please.. Just go away... Please."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »

I like it thetyler. I had in my head already imagined ARMOK being the "The big cheese of the multiverse" but decided against including him in my background story, as I imagined him being to distant to be mentioned in the pony's religion. Actually, in my original idea, I had a being called The Toady One, separating everything into an infinite number of universes, creating the multiverse and then ARMOK was one of an infinite number of beings who controlled sections of the multiverse. But I dropped that idea because I felt it had to many steps. Toady creates Armok, who creates the sisters, who create the gods, who create the world.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:21:55 pm by KingStrongbeard »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 29, 2011, 07:39:05 pm »

Still not too sure about my character. I've got no idea whether she was abused as a child and created her better half to defend her, and that's her talking now, or whether she wasn't and she's manipulating you all, or whether she was and her better half is still dominating, or whether her dominant half is the one speaking and none of it happened.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 665