Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280924 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4710 on: December 07, 2011, 02:11:24 am »

"Go on Khenal," Friesden said. "Hurt me." She licked her lips.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:18 am »

I recoil away from Freisden as if she had stabbed me.  A few shards begin to fuse together.

'Never!'

"Never!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: December 07, 2011, 02:20:46 am »

((GENTLEMEN(and Dsarker), WE NOW HAVE AN OFFICIAL IRC! CENSORED, PM ME OR ONE OF THE ACTIVE ROLEPLAYERS FOR THE LINK))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:59:13 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:22 am »

"Hurt me!' she said again, and Schmutz tackled her from behind. "Good job, Schmutz." I said as I stood up. "Keep her down."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: December 07, 2011, 02:49:56 am »

'Something is wrong with Freisden.  We need to sort this out quickly and help her!'

"Something is wrong with Friesden.  We need to sort this out quickly and help her!"

The Khenals begin to cooperate, slowly helping eachother assemble the Mirror.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: December 07, 2011, 04:23:04 am »

I took a rope from a silent guard, and tied up Friesden's legs, tying them together. I finished the knot, and put her in a corner.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: December 07, 2011, 10:22:34 am »

Charity's Journal 23rd Felsite 99

One of our members of the guard, Falcata, has tumbled down the main stair well, the clanging of armor on stone could be heard echoing through the fortress, her right rear leg was broken in the fall, from the amount of blood it seems to be broken quite badly, however, our doctors have treated worse. An earthpony named Toltot, he works the furnaces all day down by the magma sea, helped Falcata get to the doctors.

25th Felsite 99

I've just read the report that Chief Medical Pony, Doctor Bubbles has given me on miss Falcata, the leg is fairly standard fair, but it seems that she has somehow contracted Advanced Stomach Rot, and he is unsure of how to proceed.

(After she was finally evaluated the Doctor's caught the stomach rot, it's been diagnosed, however, no treatment is yet scheduled. Will continue to monitor.)

28th Felsite 99

Our legendary tailor Onol, has finished a truly awe inspiring robe, fit for a Duchess. It will be the new standard of my office. I will wear it with pride.

5th Hemetite 99

Doctor Bubbles has released Falcata from the hospital, her leg has been treated and bandaged, but they seem to be unable to help the rot of he stomach tissue.

Edit: (Damn that Doctor Alen, he used Adamantine strands on Falcata's leg.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:25:40 am by KingStrongbeard »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: December 07, 2011, 10:30:37 am »

OHOHO LOL. This is why I modded adamantine to be smelted straight into metal from when it's raw.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: December 07, 2011, 10:38:42 am »

(I don't exactly know how it happened, I always queue up an equivalent number of job orders for "extract adamantine strands" and "Make adamantine wafers" in the manager. Are those not one to one? They must not be as my stocks say I have 15 units of Adamantine Strands, which I have just had to give new orders to make wafers out of. I thought that one raw adamantine=one unit of adamantine thread=one wafer. Is this wrong? Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Am I a complete fool?)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:54 pm »

((Can't really explain it either.  That's how I've handled adamantine: queue equal numbers of extract strands and make wafers.  I tend to get them staggered and out of order due to job priorities sometimes, so there might have been some thread lying around for a moment.  A pony then came by and dragged it off to the hospital.  I guess it's possible that since only a fraction of a thread is used for suturing, it still claims you have the full thread.

Anyway, I'm going to guess that the scene going on now will have long played out by the time Falcata is released from the hospital (or even wakes up), so journal time:))

Falcata's Diary - 23rd Felsite, 99

Some guard I am.  Lately it seems the civilians have been helping me more than the other way around.  I don't really remember what happened over the last day or so, but I somehow managed to fall down the stairs and badly break my right rear leg.  The pain was pretty unbearable at first, but the doctors gave me something that's eased that off a lot.  I need to thank Toltot for dragging my sorry behind down here.

I hate to think what the duchess, commissar or Captain Isos think about it all.  Me clumsily falling down the stairs like that.  I'm supposed to be an example for the ponies here.  Worse still, imagine I'd fallen on somepony?  That could have been a disaster.  I was wearing all of my armor and I still managed to break my leg.  An unarmored pony would have been crushed!

I feel like I broke more than that.  I've got a knot on my head the size of my hoof, and I'm pretty sure I bruised some ribs.  A few teeth are loose too, I hope that's temporary.

What really broke my heart though was when Kris came galloping into the hospital, bawling her eyes out.  When she heard I was hurt, she dropped what she was doing and came running.  It warms my heart to know she cares so much about me, but I care more for her and it pains me to see her crying like that.  She spent the rest of the afternoon lying at my side, despite my recommendations she go get something to eat or get some rest in her bed.  I'll be fine here, I assured her, but she wouldn't budge.

I suppose maybe I've done something right raising her, despite my mistakes.  Her father would be proud of her.

25th Felsite, 99

I had a rude awakening this morning.  With the pain killers the doctors gave me, I'd forgotten all about how much my stomach hurt, but that was back this morning which let me remember part of the events a few days ago.  The pain isn't nearly as bad as it was, but it's only because of the drugs.  And there is a pretty sickening reason for it.  I knew something was wrong this morning when Dr. Bubbles was avoiding me, but he finally spilled it this afternoon.  Thank goodness he waited until Kris wandered off to get some food.

He says he doesn't know where it came from, but something is seriously wrong with my stomach.  He suspected something when I vomited up more blood this morning, which I suppose is a pretty bad sign, but I figured with all the vomiting I'd done I was bound to have hurt my stomach.  He told me it's worse than that... it's as if my stomach is decaying.

He told me that there wasn't a whole lot he could do.  He obviously can't excise the whole thing, and he's worried the necrosis has spread too far for surgery to be of any use.  He said he could do some exploratory surgery to check, but in my state it might only make things worse or outright kill me.  He gave me some more drugs that he says might help, but I could tell he wasn't too confident.  I elected to pass on the surgery.

I'm... scared.  I really am.  I was sure that the stomach pains were just a virus, but this... (several wet drops stain the page, obscuring the writing) I never (more wet stains) was dying.

Kris knows something is wrong.  I tried to hide it as best I could, but she's a smart filly.  I won't tell her just now.  I... need time to think about this.

5th Hematite, 99

Despite my fears, I didn't expire within a few days.  The drugs Dr. Bubbles have given me seem to be keeping the pain... manageable.  I still can't eat much, but as long as I take the drugs I can keep a little bit of food down.  I'm not optimistic, he was pretty clear that it was only managing the symptoms, and unless my body was unnaturally strong the prognosis wasn't good.

I was a bit surprised to find that the doctors used adamantine thread to stitch up my wounds.  Only the duchess could have authorized that, and I don't see why she would for a clumsy foal falling down the stairs and nearly killing herself.  Unless she knows I'm dying and it's her way of sending her condolences?

I still haven't had the heart to tell Kris, but now that we're back home I think she believes everything will go back to normal.  I only wish it was that simple.  (Wet stains mar several words on the page)  Heavens above I wish Estoc was here right now.  I could use his strong embrace at a time like this.

((By Armok that was a long post.  Hope you guys like reading about a character who isn't even really involved at the moment!))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: December 07, 2011, 08:40:49 pm »

((great read telgin! also, where is everypony today?))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: December 07, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »

((Thanks!  Present and accounted for, but I'm mostly observing while the commissar sorts out this mess he's managed to get himself into.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:37 pm »

'Schmoe, you're supposed to be good at fighting these bastards. Sir Abel thinks Friesden has been tainted by a servant of Slaanesh. Do you know if there's any way to help her?'
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:19 pm »

Silence is Starkey's only reply.

I stood there in the hospital. At least the corrupted mare was tied down. But we needed the Inquisitor here. I stood in silence as another mare was brought in, with injuries.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: December 07, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »

'Dammit Schmoe, this is important! What can we do?'

- - - - - -

Otik hoists Lilac onto her back and carries her off to the barracks.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 665