Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280925 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4695 on: December 07, 2011, 01:04:08 am »

'Oh, look...it's a vase! OOPS!' Says Carrot sarcastically as he smashes it. 'Every time any of you try to stop me, I BREAK ANOTHER OBJECT! I'M SURE YOU WOULDN'T WANT THAT!'
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:41 am »

'OUT!'

"OUT!"

My horn flares brilliantly as the force begins to rapidly increase, showing no sign of stopping.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: December 07, 2011, 01:13:13 am »

"I... I can do this..." Falcata mutters to herself as she levitates her chanfron onto her head, completing her barding.  She was glad Kris was off with her friends right now.  The filly was worried about her, and she knew it, and it would only upset her to see her mother struggling like this.

She grabs her hammer and levitates it to its sling.  The weight was all but crushing as she took a few uneasy steps from the room into the hallway, nearly stumbling into somepony.  She apologizes awkwardly and staggers off toward her post.  Where was she posted again... the caverns?  Or was it the entrance to the surface?  No... that was next week.  She groans audibly and heads up toward the surface.  It would be easier going back down if she went to the wrong place first.

She was late... putting on her armor had taken three times longer than she anticipated.  She just hoped the captain and commissar would forgive her.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: December 07, 2011, 01:19:46 am »

'Khenal. Think about Friesden.' says Carrot, voice fading.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:03 am »

'Friesden...'

"Friesden..."

Not sure if it's clear or not, but Khenal has been saying his dialogue in his head and in reality as well.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: December 07, 2011, 01:31:37 am »

"Damnation." I said. "We need the Inquisitor here. I can't tell how far gone she is, whether she's worth saving, or if it's even possible to be done."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: December 07, 2011, 01:33:50 am »

((Yeah, I got that.))
'You love friesden. Go to her...please.'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: December 07, 2011, 01:34:54 am »

((I'm guessing this is somehow related to events from long ago, but how are you handling this?  Just claiming that two of the fortress guard are Charity's personal guard?    Falcata may be about to die of horrible gut rot, but even if she didn't I'm guessing she wouldn't be up for such a position.  Charity doesn't really know her, and Falcata would never volunteer for such a position.  She's a good little pony that takes what jobs are handed to her and doesn't push for anything more.))

(Allow me to refresh everyone's memories on this. During Starkey's attempt to have then Countess Charity arrested, he sent Otik and three others from the Skyguard to get her from her bed. As you may recall Lieutenant Carrot intervened and defended her against great odds, and at immense personal risk. For his actions she made him a Captain, and split the Skyguard in half. One half was made of Otik and the three that followed her to arrest Charity, and the other Captain Carrot, and the other three, which did not attempt to capture her. (which now retroactively included Crest Fire.) While I don't think it was ever directly stated, Charity's motivation with creating this new squad, "The Wavy Passes," and moving Carrot in across the hall from her family, was to make sure she had one group she could count on as loyal to her if Starkey and Otik ever tried anything like that again. However, ever since the assassin struck she's been using Carrot's squad as her personal retinue of guards. However, someone, (The Master) keeps killing them all off, and she's only got two left.)

(Also, I think I'm going to try and re-injure Falcata, I'll try a short drop, (2z should be enough) and we can say she took a tumble down the stairs. Believable with the amount of pain she must be in. Assuming the fall doesn't kill her, it shouldn't, she'll wind up in the hospital where, she can die on the operating table as they try to remove her stomach. Sounds like FUN.)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: December 07, 2011, 01:42:08 am »

((What can I say, I am a psychopath at heart...seriously though, it adds the kind of drama that is perfect for stories, so that when Khenal gets to the point when I start killing certain ponies off, it will all fall into place.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: December 07, 2011, 01:43:17 am »

'We can't, it'll hurt her!  We need her help!  We just need to calm down and...'  The multitude begins arguing, though several Khenals simply take up defensive positions around the shattered Mirror.

"But Friesden can help us!  We'll figure something out.  We don't want to hurt her with us like this!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: December 07, 2011, 01:46:37 am »

Friesden leaped up at his voice. She sent me flying with some force I didn't think she could possibly have in that frame. She walked over to Khenal, a predatory grin on her face. She said "Oh, but I want you to, Khenal dearest."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: December 07, 2011, 01:50:41 am »

'DON'T LISTEN TO HER! PLEASE...GRRRRRRR!! MY NAME IS CAPTAIN PSYCHO CARROT THE SECOND, AND BY THE POWER BESTOWED UPON ME BY THE PRINCESS, I COMMAND YOU TO CEASE AND DESIST! ALL OF YOU WILL SHUT THE BUCK UP!!'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: December 07, 2011, 01:51:00 am »

The legion falls silent in mid-argument as Friesden's voice echoes through my mindscape.

'Friesden?'

"Friesden?"

The shards quiver for a moment.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:12 am »

I give up...buck it, i'm leaving...go ahead and...die, hell if I care...' Carrot vanishes, leaving to claim his reward.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: December 07, 2011, 02:03:49 am »

((Ah yes, I do recall all of that now.  Didn't realize that you inducted them from he militia instead of the fortress guard.

As for the surgery, Fun indeed!  Interestingly enough, based on what I'm reading in other threads, she'll probably live with a rotten stomach for a long time without noticeable ill effect.  It might cause infection and that might kill her eventually, but since she is quick to heal, probably not.  Anyway, one tumble down the stairs coming up!  We can work out the specific injuries once you try it out in game.  Hopefully it doesn't break her neck, lol.  Feel free to drop her a few times if the first go-round doesn't do the trick of breaking something.

Actually, it would be pretty hilarious if they completely removed her stomach and she recovers.  Should be possible, based on what I've read.))

Falcata hesitates at the stairwell.  She felt absolutely awful... even the thought of heading upstairs was about as unappealing as eating something right now.  She looked down the other flight of stairs, trying to stabilize her wavering vision.

She took a step forward, and it hit her.  She swallowed convulsively to try to settle her stomach, but there was nothing for it.  She clenched her jaw, but the reflex was too strong and she noisily painted the floor in front of her with her meager stomach contents.  The brief relief from the nausea was shattered as she opened her eyes, seeing a profuse amount of blood mingled in the bile.  She shook her head and spat out another gob of partially congealed blood, trying to make sense of it through blurred vision.

Something moved in the peripheral of her vision.  A red sash?  Oh, no, the commissar was looking for her because she was late!  He'd give her a flogging at the very least!  She spun to face the phantom image.

"I... uh, c-commissar I w-was...," the statement trailed off as she stepped back into the puddle and lost her footing.  With a startled shriek she slipped backward down the stairs, landing hard on each step and filling the stairwell with a chaotic cacophony of clangs of metal armor against stone steps.  As she finally comes to rest at the landing, her chanfron was catapulted from her head, bouncing around and settling steps further down.

She moans in confusion and agony for several seconds before her vision slips into blackness.

((And with that, I'm off to bed.  Reading back through that, it came out a bit more dark and twisted than I anticipated (and a lot longer to boot, it's as if I'm writing a freaking novel here), but oh well.  Curse these ponies and their tendency to make me do terrible things to them.  Oh, and I assume somepony would be kind enough to carry her off to the hospital?  Guess that'll be whoever does it in game, considering everypony is busy with the ruckus going on in the hospital right now.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 665