Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280899 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4605 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:38 am »

"Her unicorn," I answered. Rakel was erratic, shall we say. Much like most unicorns used as mages extensively, I guess. But that's by the by. Rakel was the only one I had much to deal with over my long career, much to their delight.

A blank is somepony who doesn't have any magic in them, not even the ambient stuff that even earthponies and pegasi have. They act as sort of a vaccuum, sucking in all the magic. I was trying to yell at you all through this conversation, but he prevented that. Best watch out for him, the Inquisitor brought him here for a reason.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:22 am »

'Her' unicorn, he said. Starkey didn't like the implication behind those words. So Vail was incompetent and sick and twisted. Lovely.

"Aye, but who is he? I've never seen him before."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:04 am »

((Aaand we're going to have to pick this up again tomorrow. God, it's nearly seven over here! good thing I don't need to be anywhere tomorrow. Goodnight!))
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 06, 2011, 07:03:51 am »

"Not a him," I said. "She's probably less crazy than usual, if you haven't seen her."

Get us out of here. That unicorn is more powerful than any I've seen in a long time. Khenal would have a tough time matching her, and no chance at all in her chosen discipline. If she detects us, we're in a world of pain, hurt, and eventually death.

((Side note, I've finally worked out a way to end the hiatus of Friesden with this side story, as well as bumping off a few side characters that really need to meet their maker.))
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:49 am »

New ponies.
The Inquisitor, Amberly Vail http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Amberly%20Vail%2C%20Inquisitor.png
Psycho's lovely daughter, Lilac Joker http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Lilac.png

Charity's Journal 22nd Slate 99

I went down to the tailor's shop today to have a button sewn back onto one of Cryptson's shirts, but the tailor had locked the door and refused to speak to me.

Chairy's Journal 24th Slate 99

A horrible sound has come from the deep. The militia is on edge ready for anything the servants of Discord may throw at them.

Addendum: Well that was certainly anti-climatic, according to the reports I've gotten the creature came out through a small mining tunnel into a waiting ambush, Falcata bucked it once and then the marksponies fired on it. It went down without a fight. It was Istbar an unicorn from the Fortress Guard who fired the killing shot. Falcata got caught in some blast of boiling stuff, but it seems her armor protected her.

Addendum to the Addendum: Falcata has collapsed. Ironya is rushing her to the hospital as I write.

Addendum to the Addendum to the Addendum: Falcata took a quick nap in the Hospital, woke up, claimed she was fine and got up to go patrol, as she was supposed to do. I hope she's really okay.

(She isn't, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Falcata%27s%20Stomach.png)

Charity's Journal 26th Slate 99

Yesterday, the new Commissar informed me that Kil and her two colts had been murdered, and that Captain Crest Fire had also died and was probably connected. He said poor Nanges's and Bobrur's bodies had been arranged a sign of Chaos. He burnt their bodies. I'll set up a memorial for the two boys.

Lilac Joker was fortunate enough to be spared from this madness, however, she is now orphaned, I hope some pony will take her in.

However, with Psycho and  Crest Fire dead, this puts me in an uncomfortable situation. My family only has two members of our personal guard left, Madush and Osal. And that isn't enough to protect me and my family at all times. Cryptson has been increasingly paranoid about the assassin, he doesn't allow the foals the freedom they need as children. We need even more than ever to catch this assassin. But in the meantime I need more guards, but I don't know who I can trust.

(

)
Charity’s Journal 8th Felsite 99

I was down by the arena today, and saw Commander Starkey cleaning blood off the floor, it seems he had been fighting captured curdles in there. Or at least that's what I think those bloody meat piles were. I saw Falcata there as well. She looked sick to her stomach. For a soldier she has an strangely low tolerance for blood and gore.

(How lethal is a rotten stomach in dwarf fortress, and can it be successfully treated? Should I try to hurt Falcata, so she'll go back to the the Doctors?)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: December 06, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »

Addendum to the Addendum: Falcata has collapsed. Ironya is rushing her to the hospital as I write.

Addendum to the Addendum to the Addendum: Falcata took a quick nap in the Hospital, woke up, claimed she was fine and got up to go patrol, as she was supposed to do. I hope she's really okay.[/i]

(She isn't, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41621737/Fort/Falcata%27s%20Stomach.png)

((Uh-oh, that doesn't look good.  :)))

(How lethal is a rotten stomach in dwarf fortress, and can it be successfully treated? Should I try to hurt Falcata, so she'll go back to the the Doctors?)

((Not sure actually.  I had something similar happen to some ponies after a forgotten beast attack where their pancreas was rotten.  They lived for some months before I got bored with the fort and stopped playing it.  I don't know if it's fatal or not (I think not actually).  You can try injuring her anyway if you want, I could just say it was a training accident or something.  I've never actually had a doctor perform surgery on rot before, so I don't know if it'll do any good.

If she dies slowly and horribly, I can roll with that.  If she dies getting reinjured, I can roll with that.  Or she can live.  We'll see, hehe.

I'll post her journal update when I get off work and have time to read the last few pages.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:59 pm »

'Remember the trial. Vail was there, and Abel has at least read the reports by now. They know. If either of them wanted to do anything, they already would have.'

"Oh, right. My apologies, Miss Rakel."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: December 06, 2011, 02:37:29 pm »

Unless she assumes that you were doing what she was, or didn't have her blank here. We need to leave.

"Thankee kindly, taskmaster." was Rakel's response. With a sound like the rushing of wind, her presence disappeared. Schmutz wandered back into the room at this time, clutching an amulet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: December 06, 2011, 03:58:23 pm »

"Wait... honour. You said one of the god Khorne's spheres was honour?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:07 pm »

"Yes, I did. It clicked for you, didn't it."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: December 06, 2011, 04:09:11 pm »

((I'll wait until the conversation is done to change the day. Everypony cool with that?))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:19 pm »

((Cool.))

"Aye. Oftentimes, when we had come particularly close to exorcising one of the daemons, they would compel their host to commit suicide, invariably with a bladed instrument bearing that very phrase."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »

"More unnecessary proof that the cult here is Khornate." She sighed as she said this. "Well, at least it doesn't appear that we're dealing with anything too complicated."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: December 06, 2011, 04:27:05 pm »

"Do you believe the cult was attracted to Glitterglen by the frequent daemonic incursions, or they somehow caused it themselves?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: December 06, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »

"Hopefully the former, for the latter means we may be outgunned."
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 665