Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280877 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4590 on: December 06, 2011, 04:50:14 am »

'...Is this colt serious? He actually intends to fight without knowing a damn thing about his enemy?'

"Look, I'm not exactly up to speed on this whole Chaos thing. Who are these four gods, exactly, and how do they relate to the daemons we've encountered?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: December 06, 2011, 04:58:23 am »

"Very well." I said, motioning Schmutz closer.

"The first Chaos God is Khorne. He is the lord of anger, death, war, battle, and honour. His followers seek only to spill as much blood as possible. The second is Tzeentch. He is the lord of magic, change, plotting, planning, and hope. His followers seek only to brew as much chaos in the Principality as possible. The third is Nurgle. He is the lord of disease, decay, rot, and love. His followers seek to spread as much disease as possible, giving to people the 'gifts' of Grandfather Nurgle. The fourth is Slaanesh. He is the lady of gluttony, lust, pain, perfection and pleasure. His followers seek to perfect themselves in everything, from gluttony and lust to war, from torture to sex."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 06, 2011, 05:02:23 am »

"Standard fare, but each one has one sphere that seems... out of place. Honor? Hope? Love? Pleasure? These hardly sound like like the domains of daemons."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 06, 2011, 05:07:22 am »

"If I may interrupt?" came that familiar voice behind me. Well, at least something was going right today.

"Captain, what you call daemons would be better called creatures of the warp. They feed on the emotions of all sentient beings. Indeed, Slaanesh was formed by the Zebra long ago, when they ruled the world. The Chaos Gods are merely those daemons who have been given enough food to expand to such power." continued the Inquisitor as she came into the room.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:59 am »

"Officer Istlig?"

He has long since come to forgive Istlig for the beating incident, on account of her being posessed at the time. But that doesn't stop him from being just a little bit... wary around her.

"Since when are you an expert in the daemonic?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:19 am »

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion ponies. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!

I've always been wary around Inquisitors. In part, it was because of their being above the law. It simply has no hold on them. But most of it was their supreme authority. If they so wanted, a simple flick of their finger would sign my death warrant, and worse. I would be simply gone from every record imaginable. For they held the power of Exterminatus. To simply destroy a fortress, leaving no record, no trace. None of its works, of its ponies, would survive. So I do admit I flinched a bit as Vail drew her inquisitorial rosette, her badge of office. To his credit, Starkey remained still.

It was a simple thing. A capital I, with a skull at the center. It still scared the buck out of me, I can tell you that.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: December 06, 2011, 05:25:58 am »

Oh, that's rich. An Inquisitor who can't even shield her mind from a single daemon?

"I see. Is 'Istlig' even your real name?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:30 am »

((Dammit. Finally found the quote I really wanted.

I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire fortress and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.))

"Of course not. Inquisitor Amberly Vail, Ordo Xenos. You should learn to keep your face calm." she said, seemingly not caring about the annoyance even I could feel starting to radiate from the captain. "Then you should learn to keep your militia clean of the heretics that have infested it. Were I an unforgiving pony, this fortress would have been consigned to the dust long before now. But I am forgiving. This place could serve a purpose, which is why I have been assigned, and why I have assigned the commissar, to clear this place out. It is a veritable den of heretics and traitors. We've tracked down three. There could be anymore from three to six more of them here, but I would be leaning towards five."

It clicked. A Khornate cult would be able to hide relatively well. The spilling of the mare's blood, the dismembering of the foals, the refusal to hide, all pointed to a Khornate cult.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: December 06, 2011, 05:38:50 am »

"I personally screen my ponies well before they ever make it into service, then again before promotion. It was Duchess Charity who appointed Crest Fire to his position. But I imagine you already knew that... Inquisitor."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:54 am »

"Does the name 'Bokbon Shigosotil' mean anything to you? I imagine you screened him well enough."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: December 06, 2011, 05:54:38 am »

That strikes a nerve.

"Yes, I read her records, just like the rest. Former soldier. Exiled for desertion. She abandoned her unit to find her family after the Diomedians razed Abbeylashed. She... well, she found them alright."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: December 06, 2011, 05:58:50 am »

I saw Amberley unlike any other time I'd seen her. Angry, real anger was in her eyes. She backed Starkey up against a wall.

"Five years. Five years, captain. How many more did you let slip through your grasp? Two Khornate cultists in the militia's ranks, and you propose to do exactly what. I thought you were the ring leader. You certainly acted like it when you didn't even question me beyond when I said I was possessed. DID YOU EVEN CHECK? WHAT IN THE EYE WENT WRONG HERE?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: December 06, 2011, 06:10:27 am »

Starkey steps out from the wall, quickly backing Vail into the opposite corner.

"I didn't need to. Not after I saw the beast take hold of your body with my own eyes. Watched as it was drawn out of you. and how dare you insinuate that a mare I had called friend for years, a faithful follower of Kulet and the Sisters, would throw her lot in with the likes of hellspawn?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:42 am »

"I saw the bitch bind those daemons into the amulets herself. I saw her wheel them out to those dupes, making them think they were just ordinary goods, fit for trading. You think that the duchess banned them for no reason?" She laughed. But not the laugh she had when she was happy. It was a cynical laugh, cruel sounding.

"As for the 'daemon' you saw 'dragged' from me. Schmutz, would you kindly leave the room for a moment? Go back to your quarters." Schmutz obediently did so, and I turned my face from the sigil as the whispers started.

"Rakel, if you wouldn't mind?" she said, seemingly into empty air. Suddenly her posture completely changed, and I remembered the name. It was her voice that came out, too, a voice like fingernails on a blackboard.

"Captain unsatisfied the think inquisitor does." came the voice, and the image of that strange unicorn Vail had attached to her, and the reason she'd sent Schmutz out, became clear. Green smoke belched forth from Amberley's mouth, and came to rest on Starkey's nose.

STARKEY. WHY HAVE YOU BEEN TREATING WITH A BLANK? came Schmoe's clear voice, anger clear and ready behind it.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: December 06, 2011, 06:30:57 am »

'I don't know, what the clop is a blank? Dammit, I don't have time for this right now.'

"Who... is that?"
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 665