Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280876 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4575 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:52 am »

Hmm, I believe one of your general's has something to say on this subject...ah, here it is. "Statistically, you will almost certainly die when assaulting a well-maintained fortress with a competent commander. You must strive to make your death useful.". You keep killing them until you become no better than them, and hope that the ones who come after you will do the same.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:00 am »

Starkey continues to back away from the symbol.

'He'd obviously never heard of sabotage. Or stealth, for that matter. So you keep killing as many of them as you can, until you die. then somepony else comes along and does the same thing, and all the while the other side is doing the exact same thing. An eternal stalemate. So how do you tip the scales in your favor? What's your trump card?'
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: December 06, 2011, 12:52:19 am »

What 'trump card'? The war continues. Forever. It will never end until one side or both are completely annihilated.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: December 06, 2011, 12:53:05 am »

((i'm going to bed...I can't do the stay-up-til-five thing anymore...or at least for a week or two.))

"I mean...I mean...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..." Lilac falls asleep on Otik, tired from all that she's seen, and all that food she ate.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: December 06, 2011, 01:43:00 am »

Starkey exits the room, locking it securely behind him.

'That's no way to fight a war. You've got to have some strategy beond just 'kill more uf them than they kill of us'. '

He leaves the barracks, heading down the hallway towards the residential quarter.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Starnight

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: December 06, 2011, 01:58:34 am »

((Wow. A few days of not having enough time to read this, and the thread explodes... My brain hurts from all the RP I've had to read...))

Starnight's Journal

Well, I'd be lying if I said that I'd kept a journal/diary before, so what I write here might not make sense. Anyway, I just want to say, I got to Glitterglen today. Apparently they just finished up a trial, which worries me. Hopefully this place won't turn out so much like home. I've heard there have been cases of daemonic possession, and there were a few murders. I won't judge this place by the past, because the past is the past. Which is why I came here in the first place. To forget the past... (here there are a few water marks) I'm going to take a nap, so... goodnight... book/journal/diary thing... It feels weird saying goodnight to a book...

((If I should make any corrections, please tell me, and I will gladly make them.))
I'm awkward in social situations. Thought you ought to know.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: December 06, 2011, 03:34:17 am »

What would you have us do? Would you do as Ingest did, proclaim that there are no gods and lead an army to wipe out all who claimed belief in them? He thought that would wipe them out, but it only made them stronger. Your only weapon is blind faith. And every piece of knowledge you receive takes that away from you.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: December 06, 2011, 03:44:31 am »

'I... I don't know. But there has to be something. Now if you don't mind, I have other business to attend to.'

Starkey locates the door to Abel's quarters, and knocks.

"Sir Abel, are you in? It's urgent."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:18 am »

It was just after this that I recieved another piece in the puzzle. I had gone back to my quarters, and I met there Starkey, disturbing Schmutz from his labour (probably a nap, truth be told), and trying to get to me. I walked up and tapped Starkey on the back.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: December 06, 2011, 03:53:56 am »

Starkey wheels on the interloper, only to come face-to-face with the Commissar.

"Ah, there you are."

He lowers his voice, almost to a whisper.

"There's been another incident... another sigil."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:08 am »

This was another bit of bad news, but it would eventually reveal another clue to the identity of the traitor, so I guess it was good too.

"Where is it?" I asked, motioning to Schmutz to get the torches.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:00 am »

"Crest Fire's office, just off the barracks."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: December 06, 2011, 04:27:39 am »

"Right," I said with conviction. I motioned to Schmutz to follow with the lit torch, and I followed Starkey down. We got to the room, and went in. The sigil of Chaos was there, and I approached. Somepony had carved it into the stone wall. The fire wouldn't destroy this. By this point, a couple of guards had approached in wondering, and I sent one of them for a pick. If we couldn't burn it, we could break it down, at least.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: December 06, 2011, 04:34:45 am »

"This doesn't make any sense... I was here in this room the day before the murders, and that wall was as bare as it had always been. But... the smooth lines, the depth of the carvings... this should have taken weeks to make."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: December 06, 2011, 04:37:09 am »

"Chaos rarely deigns to make sense, Captain. There is no reasoning with these types. Only purging them."
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 665