Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280854 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4560 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »

"Dunnae talk like that, hun. Y'know tha' isnae true. C'mon, I'll show ye."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: December 05, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

"Alright auntie..." Says Lilac, without realizing what she said.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: December 05, 2011, 11:44:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:11:54 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: December 05, 2011, 11:51:18 pm »

"I've been hunting these heretics for at least two years now, under this identity. About a year ago, we found that they were planning to smuggle cursed amulets from the fortress. I informed the mayor of who I was, and ordered her to ban the export of all amulets. But like the smallminded fools they were, they still tried. I was fighting a pair of them when one of the civilians got in the way and got hit. I finished off the two heretics and took the civilian to a hospital. Another pair had been duped into helping them export them, but they had no idea what they were doing. They got plunked in jail. Turns out the militia had been infiltrated by the cult. One of them was one of the heretics we'd killed. The militia commander and the guard captain, of course, knew nothing about this. Only the mayor had so far proven trustworthy. Anyway, the militia commander, Starkey, almost led a coup. It was only a pair of daemons battling that distracted him long enough that the mayor could reinforce her own guards."

It was a relatively short tale, as things went. But at least now I had a sitrep. "Crest Fire, the apparent murderer, was also in the militia. But he was using the blade that belonged to Carrot, another pony, who was also in the militia. But why would they come out now?" I asked. The Inquisitor shook her head. "Your guess is as good as mine right now. The poison the doctor found was definitely Diomedian in origin, though." She smiled as she walked off, leaving me on my own, with another unpalatable slice of Whodunnit pie.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:18 pm »

The adults, however, are well aware of what she said. Otik smiles warmly at the filly, helping her onto her back. The three make their way to the barracks, arriving at a door just acrosss from Starkey's office. She nudges the door open, stepping inside.

"This was yer daddy's old room."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: December 06, 2011, 12:01:05 am »

Inside the room, however, is a black sign almost carved into the wall. It appears to be a circle, surrounded by 8 arrows arranged evenly.

It hurts to look at it, the eyes almost instinctively turning away. It seems off. Very, very, off.

It looks rather like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: December 06, 2011, 12:04:27 am »

"NO...NOT THAT! NOT THAT!!!!" Screams Lilac, burrowing her face in Otik's mane.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: December 06, 2011, 12:07:44 am »

"Wot is-"

Starkey raises a hoof, cutting her off.

"Why don't you show her Carrot's old armor? It's in the armory, far end of the left wall."

"A-Aye, that sounds nice."

They leave. Starkey steps further into the office, gently shutting the door behind him.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: December 06, 2011, 12:14:10 am »

Starkey feels a tugging at his mind as the door shuts. Even as the tugging starts, another starts to pull his mind another direction.

YOU WILL NOT. echoes through his mind.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: December 06, 2011, 12:19:27 am »

'Oh, hello Schmoe. Been a while. Mind telling me what's got you all hot and bothered?'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: December 06, 2011, 12:21:02 am »

I do not mind you doing what is necessary to sustain your pale, miserable life. That ends when you choose Chaos, he says, perfectly enunciating the capital.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: December 06, 2011, 12:26:37 am »

'But Schmoe, these are your best buds! I should think you'd be positively giddy to hear I was joining the club.'

Starkey punctuates his mental sentence with a snort of disgust.

'But no, I assure you I have no intention of throwing my lot into this 'chaos' business.'

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: December 06, 2011, 12:28:47 am »

"Otik...do you know how to make friends that don't betray you?" asks Lilac.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:31 am »

You really have no understanding. These are just as much my 'best buds' as the Diomedians are yours. I am no servant of Tzeentch, the Chaos God of Hope, of Khorne, the Chaos God of Honour, of Nurgle, the Chaos God of Love, or Slaanesh, the Chaos God of Joy. No. I am the servant of Malal, Chaos God of the Destruction of the Chaos Gods. And with every step closer to that symbol of Chaos, you further taint your soul and remove any hope you may have of salvation.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: December 06, 2011, 12:40:10 am »

At the daemon's words, Starkey instinctively takes a step back, and curses.

'How the clop are you supposed to be fighting them if you can't even get close to something they've touched without dying?'

- - - - - -

"Wot do ye mean, lit'l one? They are nae so much yer friend if they betray ye."
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 665