Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280857 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4545 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »

"One of the many that they had. You realise, of course, that's why it hurt to look at it? A thing of Chaos, despite what it is, is wrong. Blood, guts, death, all these are nothing compared to a sigil of Chaos. And it gives power to them by its sheer existence. We had to destroy it."

I shook my head.

"How in the hay could you think we knew what it would mean? It could be part of a pattern, maybe even the start of a great ritual. Maybe it was to summon a daemon to the fortress. Any number of things. This is way above our paygrade, captain. This is a task for an Inquisitor, rooting out a Chaos cult. But we don't have that luxury, unfortunately. So this is the way it'll have to be."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: December 05, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »

"It hurt to see my dear friend's sons butchered, and his bloodline nearly ended. And you don't even know what it meant? What makes you so sure it was even... wait, you destroyed it?"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:17:17 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: December 05, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »

"Captain. This maniac, whoever it is, is out there still, and planning more atrocities just like this. Yes, I burned it. And I hope to never see one of its type again. But we will, unless we find out who would have access to the diomedians and who worships their dark gods. I don't know what the symbol meant. I don't want to know. What it meant is meaningless, except that it was a Chaotic symbol. By its very nature, it defies the Sisters. It says they are powerless, meaningless, and a myth. It is heresy, pure and simple. It is evil by its very existence. While I am not an Inquisitor, I know at least to destroy heresy whereever it is found. So yes, I destroyed it."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: December 05, 2011, 10:41:53 pm »

"Oh, you have got to be clopping with me. Now we're working completely blind, you've destroyed Lilac's home..."

At the mention of the filly's name, Starkey's eyes go wide.

"Lilac! I-I sent her with Otik to pick up things from her room. Sisters, she'll be devastated!"

He turns and gallops down the hall towards the residential quarter.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: December 05, 2011, 10:52:01 pm »

It was after antagonising the pony that seemed to be the only competent one here that I bumped into another pony. Here, she went by the name of Istig, but I knew her by a different name. Although she was a pleasant sight, it meant things were just as bad, if not worse, than I'd feared.

"Hello again, Inquisitor Vail."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:16 pm »

It was after antagonising the pony that seemed to be the only competent one here that I bumped into another pony. Here, she went by the name of Istig, but I knew her by a different name. Although she was a pleasant sight, it meant things were just as bad, if not worse, than I'd feared.

"Hello again, Inquisitor Vail."

((Surprisingly, no I didn't see that specifically coming, although I figured you'd work the inquisitor in some way or another eventually.  Now then, to find a way to work Falcata into this so she can annoy the commissar by drooling over him and his reputation...)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:37 pm »

((back again...stupid internet...I have a feeling this is going to become the norm, me losing internet alot.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: December 05, 2011, 11:21:51 pm »

"Why...why...." Moans Lilac, nealing in front of her destroyed home.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: December 05, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »

((Just realized KingStrongbeard hasn't posted in a while.  He'll probably be thrilled to learn he has more ponies to kill off in the fort.  :D))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: December 05, 2011, 11:25:57 pm »

"I'm guessing this isn't just another cult." I said, a small part of my annoyance showing.

"Indeed it isn't," she said, a smile lighting up her face as she recognised my expression. "I assume that one of the cultists was behind the murders yesterday." I sighed. If the information wasn't kept tight enough to prevent the filly from getting back to the crime scene, I didn't really expect it to keep out an inquisitor. But, then, I guess nothing keeps out those types. If it isn't nosing into Commissarial matters, taking whatever remains of the law in any petty outpost into their own hands, or even crossing the street incorrectly, an Inquisitor is always, somewhere, not obeying the strictures of established law3. Well, at least now I had somepony I could trust here.

3 I feel here he is being a little overdramatic. Inquisitors never cross the street incorrectly.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:13:15 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

-snip-

Your signature has a couple of errors. You've got forgotten so, where it should read Son, so, or begotten Son, so. You've also got parish where it should be perish.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:07 pm »

-snip-

Your signature has a couple of errors. You've got forgotten so, where it should read Son, so, or begotten Son, so. You've also got parish where it should be perish.
your right sorry about that fixing now
thanks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:37:17 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:43 pm »

Otik bulls Lilac into a tight hug, gently stroking her mane. Starkey comes trotting up, out of breath. He joins them.

"I-I'm sorry hun, I didn't-"

A glare from Otik silences him. They sit in silence for a while.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:04 pm »

"I have...n-n-nothing left to remind me of my family now...i'm all t-that-t-t's....left....." Cries Lilac.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 665