Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280844 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4530 on: December 05, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »

I never really was good at understanding foals. The incident at Daggercharm2 showed me that. But something was really off about Lilac. In hindsight, of course, the clues were obvious. She reacted badly around Schmutz at our first meeting, which really should have warned me then. But for whatever reason, I simply ignored it. Well, as they say, hindsight is 20 20. It was, at least, a good thing I kept Schmutz with me. It was worth the questions about why I didn't use my horn, particularly since I'd probably have got those questions anyway.

2 This incident, while interesting, need not detain us further at this stage. You may find more details in the currently accepted text 'For the Princess: A Commissar's Life', also by Abel.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:24:09 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »

((Oh, yes. I just found a use for Istig, which could easily redeem her. Telgin, I take it you can guess what it is?))
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: December 05, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »

By this time, Starkey has finished his breakfast. He stands.

"I'll be just a moment."

He trots back to where Lilac and Otik are still eating. A few words pass between them, and Starkey recieves a nuzzle from both mares. He returns.

"Right, that's taken care of. Whenever you're finished."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: December 05, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »

"I'm ready now. Well, shall we?" I lead him off into a nearby corridor, thankfully emptied of ponies. I said to him "Well, I've had the doctor conduct the autopsy. It's definitely poison. Do you know any ponies here who would be capable of making such a poison?" I watched his expression closely, hoping beyond anything that he might stumble here. It would so clear up my day.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »

"There are literally hundreds of varieties of poisons. Could you be more specific? What exactly was the cause of death? Did the doctor check for chemicals in the blood?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:56 pm »

Again my hoof was twitching. He was being evasive, yes, but something was -wrong- with his evasion. He was trying to help me...but it still didn't feel right. Nevertheless, I continued. "Something stopped his heart dead. Doctor hasn't seen anything like this. His opinion is the poison is a diomedian type."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09:37 pm »

"I Haven't seen anything like that. diomedians mostly use paralytics to incapacitate. If they just wanted to kill you, they'd use a blade."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »

"Sometimes, yes. Tell me, captain, have you heard of the four gods of Chaos?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: December 05, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »

"I know of only one god of chaos. There are more?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »

"There is one god of chaos. There are four Chaos gods."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: December 05, 2011, 09:33:42 pm »

"Since when does Discord have lackeys?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: December 05, 2011, 09:39:07 pm »

"They are not lackeys. The first, Khorne, the Chaos God of Blood. The second, Slaanesh, Chaos God of excess. The third, Nurgle, Chaos God of decay. The fourth, Tzeentch, Chaos God of plotting."

I sighed. "The killing of the foals was a ritual to the Chaos Gods."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: December 05, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »

"Sisters... You mean to say that... Crest Fire worshipped them?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: December 05, 2011, 09:50:59 pm »

"Or was killed by one who worshipped them, yes."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: December 05, 2011, 09:58:27 pm »

"We'll have to examine the scene again, see if there's evidence to that effect. Now, what kind of ritual are we talking about?"
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 665