Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280834 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4500 on: December 05, 2011, 12:42:26 am »

"Well, it sounds like somepony is in a better mood this morning. Did you sleep well, little one?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:40 am »

"No...I drempt about mom...but you sure made me feel better!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:02 am »

"Well, that's good to hear, at least."

"Oh, and this is miss Otik. You remember I told you about her?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:09 am »

((Been pretty busy, trying to catch up a bit here.  Not sure if Falcata would have been in the squad Schmutz rounded up))

Falcata's Diary - 10th Slate

So the duchess found Friesden innocent.  Mostly.  She says that she'll be on probation, but didn't define what that was exactly.  In the end, I think it was a fair ruling.  Khenal believed she was no danger to anypony anymore.  The duchess believes it.  Maybe I believe it too.  If she's on probation, it shouldn't matter anyway.

As it turns out, it really doesn't matter, as both she and Khenal have been comatose since the trial.  I hope they recover soon.

In other news, I was quite excited to learn that none other than the legendary Commissar Anias Abel has been assigned to our fort.  Well, I'm not sure why a commissar was assigned to our fort.  Not now, at least.  If we ever needed one it was months ago when the real horrors started.

Nevertheless, I'm sure now that Commissar Abel has joined us, he'll sort things out in short order.  If half of the things I've heard about him are true, he'll have no trouble.  Legends are that he slew a daemon single handedly, crushed legions of unliving horrors from below the frozen wastelands, and killed several legendary dark princes and princesses in single combat.  If I understand correctly, I'll be working with him directly too.

I hope I don't let him down.  The stories say that he cares a lot about the ponies under his command, but he's a commissar all the same.  I'd rather not give him a reason to doubt my loyalty and courage.

I was a bit perplexed though.  I think I saw him today, wearing the crimson sash of his office.  He was accompanied by perhaps the most disheveled looking pony I've ever seen.  I almost thought he was a keshi pony at first, but the commissar seemed perfectly comfortable near him.  I didn't get too close, because I think something must have been rotting further down the hallway, but I'll be running into the commissar again before too long.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 05, 2011, 12:53:13 am »

"Yeah, I remember! She's nice!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:41 am »

Otik answers with a hug and a kiss on the forehead - an outside observer would swear she was already family.

"Wot say we all get dressed an' go upstairs fer some breakfast, aye?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: December 05, 2011, 01:16:46 am »

"AYE AYE!" Says the excited Lilac, getting dressed and bolting upstairs.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:37 am »

Eventually, the two pegasi make their way up to the dining hall - even a soldier cannot hope to match the boundless energy of a filly.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: December 05, 2011, 01:37:38 am »

"Yay!!!" Cheers Lilac as she digs into the food!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:37 am »

Otik takes a plate and sits with Lilac, while Starkey tries to locate the Commissar in the morning crowd.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: December 05, 2011, 01:53:30 am »

((dsarker's offline))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: December 05, 2011, 02:00:02 am »

Well, the soldier did better than expected. Doctor Bubbles was brought down, and finished the autopsy as quickly as he could on both intact ponies. We got the coffins and chucked the remains of the two foals in them, gingerly. He told me the results, and after a few minutes silence, we sent him out and burnt the room to the ground. It had been worse than I expected.

I didn't get much sleep that night, poring as I did through the records of everypony here. Schmutz was a great help, supplying tanna and recaf as needed. Four ponies names stood out. Carrot, the one who had died before I got here. Friesden and Khenal, both of whom were in comas. And the last, Starkey. All the evidence pointed to him. He was outside the room just before, he was able to tell the wound quickly without the doctor, and he was apparently harbouring a daemon in him. But one thing didn't click. The foals' bodies had been arranged in the sign of Chaos. That was why we had felt sick at the sight, why I'd ordered it burnt. So why then had it made him feel sick, too?

There was no question though. A daemon, or a cultist aligned with a daemon, had been behind this. And I'd have to seek them out and deal with them before they did the same to me.

Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: December 05, 2011, 02:08:37 am »

((I'm going to assume that means he's here.))

"Oi, Sir Abel! Care to sit with me?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:00 am »

Starkey called to me, and I was a bit wary. But with Schmutz at my side, I was sure it wouldn't be easy for him to kill me. I sat down, Schmutz steadily clearing a seat for me by his very presence. I guess I just got used to the smell.

"Well, how are you this morning? And how's Lilac?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:25 am »

"Well and, surprisin... surpri... oh sisters, what is that stench?"
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 665