Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280809 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4395 on: December 04, 2011, 03:59:14 pm »

"They don't want me anymore. I'm homeless..." Cries the Filly.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: December 04, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

I sighed internally. Not only was this going to be a rather more interesting mission than I'd hoped for, it seems I'd also picked up another dependent. Outwardly, I placed a hoof on the filly's back.

"Don't worry. Schmutz, would you go scrounge up another pair of beds? Looks like we'll need them." Schmutz dutifully went right on to do just that, and I looked closer at the filly. "Hey, young miss. You can stay with us, if that'd be okay with you."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: December 04, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »

"REALLY?! Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" Yells the Filly, crying tears of joy and nearly chocking the poor pony with her hug.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: December 04, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »

"That's....That's okay!" I yelped as the filly grabbed me tight. At least she was happy now. I tried not to think about what would cause her parents to abandon her. Seems like if the Sisters were watching me, as so many had said, they had a sick sense of humour.

"Well, do you have anything you need from home? I've got nothing better to do, we might as well collect it."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: December 04, 2011, 04:20:39 pm »

The filly lets go and pouts. "Kil," she gulps "My mom doesn't like me anymore. She'd never give me my stuff back...all I had was a backpack anyway..." Says the filly, tears of sadness welling up in her eyes.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: December 04, 2011, 04:29:33 pm »

Her mother hated her. Well, that just made it a little more complicated. As a Commissar, I do have the right to execute anypony who even looks at me silly. But as I've always said, those who tend to do so somehow have a tendency of winding up in friendly fire incidents. Diplomacy tends to be inordinately easier.

"Well, we'll see what she says to a small squad, hmmm?" Schmutz took that as the right moment to appear, two beds balanced on his back. He carefully placed them down, then turned to me for more orders. "Schmutz, go round up a small group of soldiers. Particularly ones who this filly might know," I said, gesturing to the filly. "Say, what's your name, anyway?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: December 04, 2011, 04:32:53 pm »

"Lilac Joker." Says the filly, automatically.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: December 04, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »

The name did sound a little too well rehearsed, but it didn't seem like anything major at the time. If I'd known what it was going to get me into, though, I'd have shot the filly right there and then and ran back home. But I didn't know at the time, so I didn't really have a choice.

"Well, Lilac Joker...let's go see about dealing with your mother," I said matter-of-factly, and started heading for her house.1

1 Although Abel doesn't mention this, in his typical style, he appears to have sent off Schmutz before he asked the filly her name, as Schmutz makes his way to Lilac's house before Abel does.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: December 04, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »

((I just want to point out, Carrot is not control of Lilac anymore. I've decided that Carrot is now in her mind watching.))
"Alright..." Says Lilac. When they reach her home, they find the door has been badly damaged.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:19 pm »

Well, we eventually wound out outside her house, with Schmutz and the squad there waiting for me. "Good work, Schmutz. Right, ponies, we're here to help this little filly get her stuff from her mother, who's abandoned her. That means you're here to arrest her under charges of abandonment, clear? We want this to go nice and simple."

With a wave of my hoof, Schmutz pushed the door open, and went in, crossbow drawn.

"In the name of the Principial Commissariat you are bound by law, Kil! You will stand down!" I yelled, drawing my weapon too. I stepped into the room.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: December 04, 2011, 05:00:19 pm »

No response. They see a blood trail leading to a closet however.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: December 04, 2011, 05:11:58 pm »

This wasn't good. If something bad had happened, and all the signs pointed to yes, Lilac would be the most probable suspect. I motioned to Schmutz, and he followed me in. I tracked the blood trail to a closet, and opened it up. "Sisters have mercy," I whispered.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: December 04, 2011, 05:17:20 pm »

In the closet is Kil, barely alive and bleeding heavily. Lilac sees her mom, screams from seeing the blood, and faints.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: December 04, 2011, 05:23:50 pm »

"Get her out of here!" I bellowed at one of the ponies, who quickly took the filly out of the room. "Schmutz, get a frakking medic, now!" As he ran off, I took down the bleeding mare and lay her on the ground. A couple of the troopers squatted down. "What do you think happened to her, sir?" one of them asked in a hushed tone. "I don't know," I answered in a thoughtful tone. "I don't know."

It was obvious at the time that it was a pony who'd done this. But why? Kil didn't seem to be that big a deal, even within the fortress. Unless she was hiding something, this just didn't make any sense.

With hindsight, it was obvious. But at the time, we had no clue of just how deeply this fortress was embroiled in daemons.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 04, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

Right before their eyes, Kil breaths her last and was no more.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 665