Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280798 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4380 on: December 03, 2011, 09:06:32 pm »

((Think about it, if I didn't, she'd just grow up to cold and heartless like Kil. I wasn't planning on staying on her, but I can roll with it! Besides, I tend to make my characters hyper, so it works great!))

((Hmmm...))

((Now if Kil wasn't cold and heartless. Just, shall we say, a little overenthusiastic? ;D))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: December 03, 2011, 09:16:12 pm »

((The thing is, when(and she will some day) "the filly" does die, Carrot just becomes free, and I can just find another host. :DEAL-WITH-IT-FACE:))

((so It's like regenerating in Dr. Who, except horrifying? god I love this fortress. ))
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: December 03, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »

((Me too, pal...me too. backstabs))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »

The pain grows stronger as the young filly gets closer to Schmutz, who looks uncertainly at the filly. "Uh, Schmutz." are the only words he says as he continues moving to the fortress. Anias looks at the filly with a worldweary look in his eyes, then shakes his head and moves on.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: December 03, 2011, 10:21:43 pm »

"Owwww!!! ...Huh?! WAIT UP!" Says the filly through the pain.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: December 03, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

"Please don't disturb my aide, young filly." says the Commissar as he continues on his way to the fortress.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: December 03, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »

I guess we can call that a scene then?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »

If you want to.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: December 04, 2011, 12:03:45 am »

Khenal is online, we can bring him back!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: December 04, 2011, 12:07:22 am »

I'm just lurking a bit before bed.  Gotta get up early to drive, so I'm just taking in what's happened so far.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: December 04, 2011, 12:10:38 am »

Quick summary.

Friesden was found not innocent. She's on probation. When she heard the verdict, she fell into a coma.

Commissar Anias Abel and Gunner Schmutz have arrived.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: December 04, 2011, 05:25:55 am »

((I was in a brony's react video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfBYrQ-BoyI&list=PL6AD7BD15CA9F1F7A&feature=plcp I was known as killbot in the video.))
The Filly heads home to her family, who promptly throw her out. Depressed, she knocks on Khenal's door to see if she could stay with him, but doesn't get a response. She ends up going outside and sleeping in the grass, shivering from the cold.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:30:08 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: December 04, 2011, 05:52:45 am »

It was the Tenth of Slate. I remember the day clearly. I'd wandered into the fort, Schmutz behind me, and had reported to the duchess.

I had knocked on the door. "Come in," came the reply, and I entered the room. In the course of my service, I'd met plenty of dukes and duchesses, mayors, counts and countesses, barons and baronesses, and even the princess once or twice. Most of them are lazy, useless. They don't work, just living the lifestyle. The few of them I have met who weren't incompetent usually turned traitor, and a couple of times led to very narrow escapes for yours truly.

The duchess here wasn't lazy, didn't seem about to turn traitor, but she had a bunch of paperwork on her desk. I winced inwardly. One of the very few parts of being a noble I don't envy. At least with the Commissariat I could foist most of my paperwork onto Schmutz, who took to it with the same enthusiasm he had for every task, considering it right next to a direct order from the Sisters.

"Commissar Anias Abel reporting for duty, ma'am." I said, playing the dutiful, obedient war hero to the hilt, standing at full attention and with the red sash clearly visible. "Oh, yes. We've been expecting you," came the tired reply, and I could see the bags under her eyes. Maybe she was more focused on her duties than the others.

"Sorry about the mess," she said. "Just had a trial. Everything from daemon possessions to the dead coming back to life. It's a mess trying to clear it all up." Inwardly I winced once more. Not the calm, carefree outpost I'd thought it would be, but at least there were no diomedians. "And the Diomedians have continued to give us trouble," she went on, not noticing the wince at the prospect. "Well, I'm here to show those Diomedians that the Princess won't take their constant raiding lying down," I said, bravado in full stride. "But I think the military you've got here already does that well enough."

"Quite. Well, Commissar, I don't want to keep your from your quarters..."

"Nor I yours, Duchess. The Sisters Protect!" I said, and bowed out of the room. As I walked quietly through the corridors, I saw that same filly I'd met earlier walking with a downcast look on her face. She was heading outside, and I knew better than most ponies that the outside isn't as nice and peaceful as the pictures say it is. I followed her stealthily enough, my caver childhood keeping me well unnoticed. She eventually ended up outside, and lay down to sleep.

Slowly I walked over her, then lifting her up gently, I lay her on my back. No sense telling the diomedians we were here and ready to be easy targets, eh?

Slowly, not waking her, I took her indoors and to the quarters Schmutz had managed to scrounge up for the both of us. Without question he accepted the filly on my back and lay her on the bed, before grabbing one of the numerous spare blankets and going to sleep on the floor. I took another and sat on the chair. With any luck, it would be more comfortable than the bed.

I sat down and went to sleep, Schmutz's familiar aroma lulling me into unconsciousness.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: December 04, 2011, 03:42:13 pm »

((Alright, let's get started.))

"Wha...? Why am I here...? I was just...huh." Stammers the confused Filly.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »

It was early in the morning when I awoke, Schmutz's familiar aroma at least convincing me that we hadn't been captured by enemies with a sense of smell. I lifted the blanket up and off of me, groaning a bit as I did so. It hadn't been a comfortable night, and I stretched as I got up. The filly was still there, and I was puzzled for a second before it clicked. She was the one I'd rescued last night. I finished stretching, and Schmutz was already there with a mug of fresh tanna, though how he'd found it I still don't know.

"Tanna, sir?" he asked, and I gratefully accepted. I drank it down deep, and turned back to the filly.

"You were sleeping outside last night, young miss. Not a very safe thing to do down here. Who're your parents?" I said, in a voice with equal sternness and compassion mixed.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 665