Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280703 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4200 on: December 02, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »

(Ah yes, that I remember. I don't know. I hadn't taken that as a we don't excecute ponies statement, as much as a, we don't kill them out of hand because Psycho Carrot feels like it kind of statement.)

Edit: I'm going to take a nap now, and have my GURPS game until late tonight. So if you guys want to play out more of the trial, now or tonight, somepony reasonable, (Not you Master) feel free to take up Charity's role.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:54:12 pm by KingStrongbeard »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:11 pm »

((Speaking of which, I think I read, oh, 150 pages ago that there was no death penalty.  Kind of curious what would be a suitable punishment if she is convicted))

(I don't quite remember that. But if it was stated then I would say the worst they could do is to be banished from the fortress, into either the caverns (effective death sentence) or into the Failed Jungles (Also, a likely death sentence) likely with out any weapons, leaving them to fend for themselves.

Nopony right out said there wasn't a death penalty, but Starkey said that we "don't butcher eachother and call it justice" way back when Friesden was going loopy in her cell after murdering Efim.  In context, he was telling Carrot to back off, so it's open to interpretation a bit.

((Ah, yes that sounds like what I was thinking of.  So much has happened in Glitterglen it all gets lost in the details))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: December 02, 2011, 03:55:25 pm »

((Indeed it does. Which is why after this trial, I'm going to take a break from Friesden no matter the punishment or lack of one.))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: December 02, 2011, 03:57:23 pm »

I'm going to take a break from Friesden no matter the punishment or lack of one.))

Will you be leaving the thread altogether Dsarker, or just giving up Friesden and getting yourself a new pony?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: December 02, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »

Grabbing a new pony. This won't be forever, just for a bit of time.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

Hmmm... Keeper, update me!

A green swirl of smoke swirls from Khenal's mouth, before touching Starkey's mouth and disappearing.

I just realized, this right here bodes very poorly for the opinion most ponies are likely to have for Khenal.  I'm pretty sure Charity might know about Keeper, but everypony else?  It certainly looks like Khenal is doing information gathering for a very powerful daemon.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »

Think of it this way: At least you're not Kobuto!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: December 02, 2011, 04:05:20 pm »

(Not you Master)
And just why not? That's a bit prejudice, don't you think?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: December 02, 2011, 04:10:37 pm »

(Not you Master)
And just why not? That's a bit prejudice, don't you think?

(Sigh, I keep trying to go to sleep and they keep pulling me back in.

Master, do I really, REALLY, need to explain why? Is it not obvious? It isn't anything personal, it's just that when you control somepony they tend to be a little... overenthusiastic. And I'd rather not be rereading this thread in the future and have this one part where Charity jumps from being more or less calm and collected, to being a screaming sociopath. It's nothing personal.)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: December 02, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »

I think we're about down to Charity rendering her verdict anyway, so it'd feel a bit weird to have somebody play her for that part.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

(I see your point Khenal but, I disagree I don't think we're quite their yet. Friesden was trying to question Psycho's Ghost, before the fire, and Charity was about to allow it. Should Psycho return, Friesden can still question him. Also, Isos might want to cross question the spirit, try to make it trip up perhaps on the off chance it isn't actually Psycho you know. Then I guess we could let the audience have their chance to say anything they want. Give the quieter players, Thundersplinter, Falcata, etc. a chance to make a speech voicing their opinions. We get some closing statements from Friesden and Isos, then Charity makes her ruling. At least that's what I would think you guys could do since I won't be online for a while. Okay, gone now, for real this time.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: December 02, 2011, 04:21:42 pm »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: December 02, 2011, 04:30:37 pm »

I think we're about down to Charity rendering her verdict anyway, so it'd feel a bit weird to have somebody play her for that part.

((Agreed.  The final statement should come from KingStrongbeard I think.))

Quote from: KingStrongbeard
(I see your point Khenal but, I disagree I don't think we're quite their yet. Friesden was trying to question Psycho's Ghost, before the fire, and Charity was about to allow it. Should Psycho return, Friesden can still question him. Also, Isos might want to cross question the spirit, try to make it trip up perhaps on the off chance it isn't actually Psycho you know. Then I guess we could let the audience have their chance to say anything they want. Give the quieter players, Thundersplinter, Falcata, etc. a chance to make a speech voicing their opinions. We get some closing statements from Friesden and Isos, then Charity makes her ruling. At least that's what I would think you guys could do since I won't be online for a while. Okay, gone now, for real this time.)

((Makes sense.  Kind of wish Falcata had something useful to say, but she wasn't a witness.  She'd probably only really be useful as a character witness to Khenal, but I don't think Charity or Isos really doubts Khenal's character.  I'm also not sure what she knows about Friesden other than the fact that she did kill Efim.  Did she immigrate early or late in the fortress?))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: December 02, 2011, 04:32:16 pm »

The Master, unless you get in soon, we're going to skip you in the stand.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: December 02, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »

((Hm? Oh, sorry.))
The filly returns to the courtroom sheepishly.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 665