Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280644 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4095 on: December 01, 2011, 11:26:43 pm »

"Fortunately, while it may not, it removes any reasonable objection to relying on your gut. Duchess, I would like to call my third witness. Starkey, if you would remain there, please."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: December 01, 2011, 11:29:28 pm »

(Sorry to interrupt but I thought I would provide an update for the making Friesden and Khenal be together in the actual game plan. I've had them isolated together for a time now, and they have progressed to friend status. Progress is being made! Should Friesden survive this trial. I think I hear wedding bells in their future! But first, we must conclude the business at hoof.)

Charity looks out at the now significantly emptier hall. Those ponies who did not run when the green ghost appeared are still here and have calmed down, but a number of civilians have already left.

"Of course Friesden. If they are still here, feel free to call your next witness."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: December 01, 2011, 11:30:08 pm »

Captain Isos looks sour but doesn't appear to have any more questions for Starkey.  She looks confusedly at Friesden when she calls her "third" witness.

Nice out-maneuver there.  Isos would have to attack Starkey's character now, and she knows that simply won't work.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: December 01, 2011, 11:31:29 pm »

"Thank you. Starkey, the night before the incident, I came across you in an argument with somepony who didn't appear to be there physically. Though the name yet remains pruned from my memory, I have guessed who it was. If I am correct, would you be able to conjure him up for testimony?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:31 pm »

((Doom went offline.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »

Impending is offline. Mind if we just agree that Starkey accepted and brought up Schmoe?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: December 01, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »

((No problem.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:28 pm »

((Sounds like a plan to me))
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »

(Sounds acceptable to me.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:03 pm »

Starkey rises up on his hindhooves, and fire swirls around his forehooves

WHY DO YOU BRING ME FORTH, MOR- Friesden. I should have known. Why am I here? Do you wish to boast? To mock me?

The words are not so much spoken, as written into the brains of all those listening, bypassing the ears entirely.

"No, daemon. I have called you because I am under sentence of death."

Very well. I will destroy the crowd and free you now, the-

"No, you merely have to answer questions truthfully."

Hmmm... Keeper, update me!

A green swirl of smoke swirls from Khenal's mouth, before touching Starkey's mouth and disappearing.

A trial. Novel concept. Very well, you may ask your questions.

"Good. Tell me, what was Èfim?"

I believe the common term you ponies use is 'filly-fiddler', for some hellforsaken reason.

"What species?"

Alicorn.

"How can you tell?"

Alicorns have an incredibly unique magical aura, especially for those who have been bound by them.

"So you could recognise the difference between two alicorns?"

As easily as you could between black and white.

"Did you recognise Èfim's aura? Who he was?"

Yes, of course. He was y-

"Simple yes would do perfectly there."

You ponies are all the same. I don't love all of them, of course, but you all think the same things. 'No, we don't need context'. How do you think I could trick so many ponies before now? Lying is a fool's game. The truth can trick people oh so much more easily. And it is far more enjoyable. But you. You just tell lies to get people to believe you, you ponies. Checking whether it was self defence in Carrot's death but not in that of the 'diomedians'? How do you know they weren't simply a delegation from the Rainbows? Otik doesn't like the diomedians. How can you trust her word in that? Khenal loves Friesden. How can you trust his word in this? Oh, that's right. Because Diomedians are the 'enemy'. Why? Because they always have been. Is that how you sleep at night, captain? Calling those militiaponies you helped beat to death 'the enemy'? And now, now you've decided that Friesden is the enemy. The truth is no matter to you. Only that she dies. And you ponies call yourself a gentle race. A kind race.

"Simply answer the questions, daemon. Your editorials are not required. Were you possessing me on the day of Èfim's death?"

Yes. Of course I blessed well was. I've been possessing you since before you were born.

"Really? Why?"

I was bound to you by that blessed alicorn.

"Sorry, which alicorn?"

Èfim. Of course, he didn't go by Èfim those days. He used Farquaad.

"So, this would have made you angry?"

Incredib- Ah, I see what you're trying here. Sorry, I did not kill Èfim. Neither did you, but that's by the by. No, it was the Doctor who did that. You still hid in your mind at that time. Now can I give these ponies a context?

"Very well."

Farquaad and Èfim were the same pony. He bound me into you before your birth. He was your father. He raped you repeatedly. Average of twice a week, if not more. He beat you, abused you. All only because you were unable to react because of my possession of you. And then I broke free. I tried to kill him, but he bound me into your mother, which put you back into control. Prior to that, you'd hid in your imagination, conjuring up fantasies. You -broke-. All according to my plan. With the scalpel you had to hand, you charged at your father, intending to kill him. You were utterly insane, beyond all measure. I moved your mother into the way and received partial freedom for a time when she died. You chased your father up to his upper room. He locked the doors and called the guards. When they came, they restrained you and freed your father. After that, they punished him for his crimes and sent you to an asylum. We escaped, and only Khenal and that blasted daemon who had possessed Carrot survived besides us. We lived on the streets. We came here. You lost control at your father's presence, and your other mind, the Doctor, decided to harvest his wings against your will. Of course, she had to kill him first, so she did. You were caught, landed in gaol, escaped to deal with Carrot's daemon, and that is all I know. Any further questions?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:07 am »

A green mist shoots out of Khenal and into Starkey.
'YOU!'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: December 02, 2011, 12:03:19 am »

Another insect seeks to thwart my plans. Run back to your hideyhole, insect. As long as Friesden wishes you unharmed you will be unharmed. But if you knew how desperately I wished to kill all of you, you would flee in terror.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: December 02, 2011, 12:08:23 am »

'You're nothing. If you really were all powerful, then explain how you can't even break the a seal some novice put on you?'
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:40 am »

The chains go taut as I attempt to reel Carrot back in.

"Woah there, Carrot!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: December 02, 2011, 12:11:44 am »

Because unlike you, I have patience. Whether now, in fifty years, a century, a millenium, my plans will come to fruition. So I can wait.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 665