Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280722 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3825 on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

((I guess I'll take over Isos?  At this point, I think her case hinges on showing Friesden is still nuts.  After all, a criminally insane pony can't be allowed to roam free.))

Captain Isos appears unfazed by Friesden's speech, and continues.

"I have witnesses that call your sanity into question, Friesden.  Captain Otik witnessed you go mad just days before the death of Captain Carrot.  Captain Otik, if you would tell all gathered here how Friesden went berserk?"

Is Impending Doom around?  Or should we just assume Otik's testimony paints a grim picture for Friesden's sanity?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:30:58 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: December 01, 2011, 12:30:19 am »

((I'm not sure if he is or isn't.))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: December 01, 2011, 12:40:03 am »

((He isn't on.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: December 01, 2011, 12:51:37 am »

((Otik seems like a pony to tell the truth, even if she'd prefer to not say anything.  Let's say she gives an accurate retelling of the rescue of Carrot from the jungle, at least from her perspective:  Friesden's eyes and effortless slaughter of the diomedians, Khenal simply fleeing instead of trying to stop her, and the fact that she did actually seem to want to help save Carrot.  Sound good?  Impending Doom showed up to give Otik's actual testimony.))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:08:58 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: December 01, 2011, 12:53:10 am »

((sounds good. Brb with an acknowledgment.))
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: December 01, 2011, 12:58:50 am »

((I'm right here, folks.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: December 01, 2011, 01:02:30 am »

((okay, go ahead and do Otik's Answer.))

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: December 01, 2011, 01:44:48 am »

"Aye. I'll tell ye."

"Me, Mister Khenal, an' Miss Friesden were all out in th' jungle, searchin' fer th' deceased. On th' way back, we wos ambushed by a buncha Diomedian bandit-types. They threatened us, an Miss Friesden... she went nuts. Grabbed th' first one by th' neck and twisted 'is cloppin' head right off with 'er bare hooves, then beat 'is buddy to death with it. Took another one as high up as she could fly, an' dove. Smashed 'im into th' ground so hard, he... just kinna wasnae there anymore. Punched th' last one inna face, an' 'is whole head exploded - not crushed, mind ye, exploded. Then she turned on me 'n Mister Khenal, but before she took even a step, she keeled over, dead to th' world."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: December 01, 2011, 01:52:08 am »

"Captain Otik, I will remind you, fillies, gentlecolts, is a veteran. Listen to her words. Now, Captain Otik... Have you seen me doing such a thing prior or hence to this, or would it be an isolated incident? For the benefit of the crowd, I'd remind you all that this happened the day before the tragic incident we are all unhappy about. Isos, of course, knows this, and has no doubt merely forgotten this. For it must be known that she is a learned pony. Nevertheless, let us turn to the recent past. Have you, Captain Otik, seen this happen before or after? Indeed, we saw each other later the very same day. Was I the same, or different, to how I was at the attack of the Diomedians?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: December 01, 2011, 01:57:11 am »

((I CAN'T YELL OBJECTION WITHOUT A JUDGE!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:36 am »

"When I next saw ye, ye were... not th' same at all. Sweet, but quiet, an' timid as a filly."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: December 01, 2011, 02:04:51 am »

((A pony trial isn't as formal as ours :P  Besides, Isos has a plan for this.  I might want to see Friesden free, and so does Khenal, but Isos isn't done yet.  She isn't finished by a long shot.  Edited: Oh hey, that's her cue.))

"Rapid mood swings?  Changing from ruthless killer to 'sweet filly' in no time at all?  That sounds like crazy to me, and dangerously so."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:08:21 am by Khenal »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: December 01, 2011, 02:06:03 am »

Falcata lets out a muffled snort.  Captain Otik's testimony wasn't improving her opinion of Friesen much.  Maybe Friesden wasn't insane so much as prone to homicidal bouts of rage?  Maybe Carrot said something she didn't like so she just killed him.

Regardless, it was hard to take Captain Otik's testimony at face value.  Nopony was strong enough to do that, much less somepony like Friesden.  But what would Otik gain by lying on Friesden's behalf?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: December 01, 2011, 02:07:02 am »

"Surely my learned associate already knew this. But no, no, she wouldn't try to hide anything from us, would she? She's the Captain of the Guard, and an honourable and trustworthy pony. Captain Otik, if I may ask you one more question. It might be getting at something still tender, and if you don't want to talk about it, I understand and will withdraw my question. When the fatal beatings by the Guard happened, Isos was a member of the guard, wasn't she? No, I withdraw my question. Nothing further."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:40 am »

"I... dunnae know? Th' only pony I knew who was in th' guard is Mister Khenal, an' only 'cos he used ta be a soldier."

((EDIT: derp))
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 665