Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280736 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3795 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:59 pm »

I'm okay with a fast forward.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: November 30, 2011, 10:25:06 pm »

Edit: Does anypony else want to take over Isos for this. I'd like it to be someone who's been around awhile, sorry compound. I can do it if no one else will step up, but I'd rather let someone else do it.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable taking over Isos and probably don't have time anyway.

I'd say that it should go to Khenal or you.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: November 30, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

If Khenal does, who's going to play Khenal when he gets examined?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: November 30, 2011, 10:26:58 pm »

Two hours pass and the ponies pile back into the meeting hall. Charity speaks, "The meeting to decide the fate of Friesden is now back in session."

"Isos, the floor is yours. Please make your case."

(Any volunteers, or should I?)

compoundoverkillcornbread

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:05 pm »

Also, compound, like I ALREADY SAID, I'm going to let the open forum part of the trial run for at least one full day real time so more players have an opportunity to post regardless of time zones and schedules. So if you need to leave tonight, you should be able to post your part tomorrow.

((haha, I know, no hury here...I'm just placing holders in case I need to leave soon...))
haha no, but you told me to be insane. This is just a fragment of my insanity.
Not too insane, please.  We've got the insanity of The Master to deal with, I don't know if we can survive two ponies being totally bonkers
Oh man, I am really testing out the strength of this quote system today...TROLOLOLOLO!!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: November 30, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »

Friesden whispers to Khenal, and gets a small nod in return. She smiles.

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:05 pm »

I'd like it to be someone who's been around awhile, sorry compound.

((No prob! ;D Strongbeard, maybe you should take Isos.))
Not too insane, please.  We've got the insanity of The Master to deal with, I don't know if we can survive two ponies being totally bonkers
Oh man, I am really testing out the strength of this quote system today...TROLOLOLOLO!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:26 pm »

Dsarker has a point.  Guess Isos is yours KingStrongbeard.

Falcata rises to attention as the trial resumes.  She is very eager to hear what else Friesden has to say for herself.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »

(Okay, I'm going to take up Isos. This will probably be a wall of text, give me some time to type.)

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: November 30, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »

(Okay, I'm going to take up Isos. This will probably be a wall of text, give me some time to type.)

((Haha, go ahead! I always love a reading challenge!))

((In the words of Loud Whispers...))

I'm put off by the large walls of text... But it is a great read nonetheless. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: November 30, 2011, 10:54:08 pm »

Isos steps forward, “Ladies and gentlecolts of Glitterglen, my first piece of evidence is Friesden's Diary.” She holds the book aloft.

“In the beginning of the book, we find the writings of a clearly manic pony.”

She shares a few of the journal entries with the audience.
(I will not repeat them here, you may go back and look at them yourself.)

“However,” Isos continues, “as the book progresses, the writing begin to take a different tone. It is as if two ponies are trying to write in the same space.”

She again reads the insane book entries to the audience.

“It is clear that the pony who wrote this book was unhinged, and capable of the crime of murder. One might say to this, that it was mearly a temporary condition, one which she is clearly over now. As she sits here calming defending her crimes. However, I have prepared evidence that she is mearly adapt at hiding the madness within.”

(I'm going to put words in Thunder's mouth now. I hope that's okay with the owner as they haven't joined in any Role Playing other than journal entries and I will attempt to stick to that character as best I can.)

“Thundersplinter please come up here.” Gestures Isos into the crowd.

Thundersplinter walks up and sits next to Isos.

“You and Friesden where both members of the founding 7 of Glitterglen, correct?”-Isos
“That is correct.”-Thunder
“How would you describe your relationship with Friesden before she was arrested.”-Isos
“I thought of her as a friend she had a few quirks but I never would have suspected her of murder.”-Thunder
“What sorts of things did you do together before she was arrested?”-Isos
“Well when we were last together, we where working on a recipe with Ironya for hoof polish.” -Thunder
“And she seemed fine then? Normal?”-Isos
“Yes, she seemed just like any other pony.” -Thunder

“Could any of you who knew her before say different? No, you could not.”-Isos

“You see ladies and gentlecolts, I see only two possibilities at this point. ONE Friesden's diary is a lie to make her seem more mad then she was, so as to play it off as temporary insanity, in the case she was caught or TWO she is somehow able to mask her inner madness, with a veneer of calm normality. Regardless which is the case, she is not safe to let go free.

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: November 30, 2011, 10:56:25 pm »

Cornbread, unable to keep her mouth shut any longer, yells, "I agree!"

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »

Otik glares at her disapprovingly. Cornbread slowly shrinks back, embaressed by her sudden loud outburst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: November 30, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »

A curious series of emotions wash over Falcata as she listens to the captain's statements.  The contents of Friesden's diary were... unsettling to hear.

If Friesden had committed murder, Falcata knew already she was a heartless sociopath.  The diary however, as the captain said herself, proved without doubt to Falcata that Friesden was either hopelessly insane or diabolically sinister in her motives and was intelligent enough to feign such insanity.

Her eyes narrow as she looks over the pony chained before her. 
She would never allow Friesden to go free again.  But it wasn't her place to make such a judgement.

She reflexively reaches for her weapon as somepony shouts a confirmation to the captain's assertion, but halts at the lack of any physical outburst.  She would do well to keep her eyes on that pony.  At least she was a unicorn and nopony would have seen her magically reach for it.  It wouldn't do at all for her to start a scene needlessly.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:07:28 pm by Telgin »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: November 30, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »

"Fillies and gentlecolts. My learned associate here claims two things. The first is permanent insanity. If this was so, then how would I be able to hide it? If this insanity is such that it caused me to kill a pony and was permanent, why wouldn't I have killed many other ponies in the rest of the time prior to the killing, and in the time after the killing but prior to its discovery? And what about after I was released? Would not then my insanity have caused me to kill? But, no, don't bother to think about that. For my learned associate has said it, and she is indeed learned! She would have already have thought about this, but would have put it from her mind. She has clearly already thought this out, and merely thinks that we do not have the learning to understand why. For she is a learned pony. And anyway, she has another option she gives us. The murder was calculated, but it was hidden in the insanity. My learned associate clearly knows that this would mean that my alleged killing of Carrot would be a silly thing for somepony who had successfuly hidden prior crimes, and merely discounts it. So should we all, fillies, gentlecolts. For she is learned, and she would have already seen that this would be counterproductive, but there is another motive. She merely does not feel the need to present it to you, but you can be assured she has it. For she is a learned pony, and she would not forget such things."
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 665