Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 272771 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3570 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:55 am »

Damn, that's the OTHER witness for Friesden down. Who next?

Khenal, don't kill anypony.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:48 am »

'Yes, I would mind if you killed her!  Nopony is killing anypony else today!  Am I going to have to find a way to put you two in a time-out or something?'

I continue walking with the Doctor to the hospital, unaware of how Starkey is doing.

And suddenly, Khenal is the parent trying to regain control of the rowdy kids :P

I've hit a bit of a wall with the transcribing of Glitterglen.  I just hit the part where we actually get into interactions and fast rp, and have been having trouble with it.  It looks like I'll be doing a lot more actual writing to make sure thigns flow well, so it's taking a lot longer than the simple copy/paste and edit of the previous chapters.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:40 am »

"I hope you're happy with your new... Kil?"

The fires of Starkey's rage subside, and he sees the results of his outburst for the first time. He rushes to her side, checking her for any sign of serious injury.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:05 am »

gave you two beautiful children
(Three actually, as of my last update. One was born just a few days before Carrot died. Assuming they're all actually his. Which seems unlikely now.)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: November 29, 2011, 04:52:06 am »

There's a growing pool of blood coming from Kil's head that's positively making a mess!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: November 29, 2011, 04:52:56 am »

(("So...Mr Starkey...let's go back to the events of the first murder, shall we? Khenal was put in the position of Captain of the Guard, wasn't he?"
"Yes."
"The same guard responsible for the deaths of two friends, one of whom was a militia pony?"
"Yes."
"The same event that lead you to start a full scale revolt?"
"Yes."
"Why didn't you imprison Khenal, first?"
"Because I knew it wasn-"
"And then when you had almost captured the duchess, you were stopped...by the deceased."
"Yes, but-"
"And now the deceased is dead, leaving the duchess unprotected, as you see it. And who killed the deceased? Khenal's fillyfriend. One who already had the excuse of daemon possession. And you then attacked the deceased's mate, didn't you?"
"Yes, but-"
"And you expect us to believe that there was no conspiracy! That the murder of Carrot wasn't deliberate? Nothing further, Your Honour."))
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: November 29, 2011, 04:54:36 am »

(Oh yes, this trial WILL be fun.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:45 am »

((The Master, you have just likely caused the deaths of all the mane ponies who aren't Charity.

Congratulations!))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:37 am »

((YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! WHAT DO I WIN?!?!?!?!?))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:46 am »

"Oh... oh Kulet... oh Sisters... DOCTOOOR! I need a doctor, now!"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: November 29, 2011, 05:04:57 am »

The only defense I can think of is absolutely insane.  Basically, convince everypony Carrot is in Khenal's head and let him serve as his own eye witness to his death.  There are a few other ideas I have, but they all involve using magic, and I doubt anypony is willing to let a potential conspiratorial madstallion cast anything on them.  With that over-analysis, I'm off to bed.  Try not to kill anypony else while I sleep :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: November 29, 2011, 05:06:12 am »

time to get a healthy 54 minutes of sleep!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: November 29, 2011, 05:09:04 am »

((Yes, time for bed here as well. Tomorrow will be... interesting.))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:08 am »

((He sucker-punched her. how the hell do you get a skull fracture from that?))

((Well, this is Dwarf Fortress after all.  Kind of.  I'd say Starkey's little outburst would count as a tantrum, and I've seen fatal tantrum punches to the head))

Falcata's Diary - 21st Obsidian, 98

The rainbow ponies sent their diplomat to meet with the countess today.  It wasn't long after the tentacle pony set hoof in the door that Isos discreetly informed us to keep a close eye on him and to stay close to the countess.  I couldn't agree more with that decision, so I obeyed.  Fortunately, nothing came of the matter, and so far as I know the meeting was conducted and he left without incident.

25th Obsidian, 98

Word passed down today that things are going well enough here that Countess Charity has been granted the title of Duchess from the princess.  I still have strong reservations about the way she handled the smuggling incident, but otherwise I suppose she has earned the title.

But enough of that.  When I enquired about Isos' absence today, I was informed she had given birth yesterday.  Kris is enough for me to keep up with, so I don't know how she's going to handle having another foal.

1st Slate, 99

I don't know what to think.  Just as I was finishing another failure of a practice session, I overheard Captain Isos and Captain Starkey discussing something terrible.

It seems that the murderous Dr. Friesden has claimed another life.  This time, it was Captain Carrot of the militia.  I was am furious about it.  I couldn't comprehend why Friesden would have even been allowed free until Isos informed us that it was Khenal's doing.

That I don't understand at all.  I've seen Khenal associating with Friesden off and on, but I didn't really comprehend the implications until now.  I trust Khenal's decisions more than just about anypony else, but this I just don't understand.  Regardless, it seems he made a terrible mistake that has cost the life of Captain Carrot.

Well, we'll get to see what he has to say on the matter soon enough.  Duchess Charity has set a trial for Friesden a week from today.  If I have time I'll be there to watch.  I want to know what Khenal and Friesden have to say for themselves.

For now, I'm going to try again to get some sleep.  My first attempt was fruitless, but perhaps now that I've cleared my mind I'll manage.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »

Is Ironya still alive and producing weapons of bloody destructions for brave ponies? What about her husband and kids?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 665