Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281275 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3435 on: November 28, 2011, 11:01:15 pm »

Starkey sighs.

"Again? I'm surprised he's this quiet, then. I should go talk to him, make sure he's alright."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »

"Oh, no! I am defeated! I will surrender gracefully," he says in a mocking tone. He then lifts up the Keeper with his magic, and throws him at Khenal. He lands barely a foot away.

"Khen.....Khenal...he's....so...powerful....kill...kill him...for me," says the Keeper, who then exhales once and breathes no more.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:47 pm »

"Uh no Commander. I'm sorry, but I...I don't mean he's undead, again. He's just dead. I'm sorry, but he's gone, and I don't think he'll be coming back. Not this time. But don't worry. We have the bitch who did it chained down in a cell, and I'm going to the Countess to recommend the harshest punishment for this crime."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: November 28, 2011, 11:11:02 pm »

Alright, let's give this a shot.  I don't want to program my final robotics project right now anyway, so I'll procrastinate a bit.  Not positive how much time has passed, but not too long I think

Falcata was slowly making her way down the stairwell, having just passed Captain Isos on the way.  She offered a customary gesture as she passed by, thinking again how much she wished Khenal was still her commander.  Isos would make a fine captain, she was sure, but it just wasn't the same.

Then she heard Captain Isos speaking with somepony, and the word "dead" caught her ear.  She paused in place to listen closer.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: November 28, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »

((she's already captain of the guard. derp. Misread post.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »

A loud clattering echoes through the halls, as Carrot's steel helm falls and bounces its way down the stairs.

"What... what do you mean he's just dead? He's died or nearly died a dozen times, how could he just die, you're not making sense! Where is he?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 28, 2011, 11:15:08 pm »

((Yes, but I was referring to her proving herself to be a good captain.  She's captain in title, but not spirit to Falcata yet))
((Ah, see you caught that))

The conversation, what she could make of it anyway, was escalating and heading in a direction she really didn't like.  Had Captain Isos said that Carrot was dead?  She started inching back up the stairway, trying to remain hidden.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 28, 2011, 11:15:43 pm »

Don't let him provoke you, Khenal.  This has to be Friesden's decision, no matter how much you want to chop him into little bits.

'Do you want him dead, Friesden?  I know I do, but this is your decision.  What should I do with your father?

Hoisted by my own petard with how I've been doing Khenal's thoughts and thought speech.  I never thought I would need to differentiate between thoughts others can hear and thoughts they couldn't :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »

(Did Isos actually see the body, or is her knowledge all second hand?)

"I didn't actually see what happened, but I know that it was Friesden," the name is spit out like a curse, "She caused him to fall, and well, there wasn't much of him left intact. Khenal still thinks he can save her. I hate to say this about my old Captain, but he's letting his emotions cloud his judgment. How much longer before she goes crazy and kills somepony else!? We can't let her run around free anymore, she isn't safe."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 28, 2011, 11:23:31 pm »

"Please..." she whimpered. "Make him go away."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:29 pm »

Falcata stares blindly into the stone wall ahead of her as she listens.  Friesden... the murderous ex-doctor had killed somepony, and it was Carrot?  What could possibly possess Khenal to tolerate letting her live, much less associate with her?

She shook her head and tried to calm herself.  She certainly agreed with Isos' opinion on this matter more than Khenal's.  Perhaps she had misjudged her new captain.  Still, she resisted the urge to bolt up the stairs and demand an explanation.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 28, 2011, 11:31:06 pm »

'You heard her, monster.  You can leave in peace, or in pieces.'

I slowly begin to advance on the source of Friesden's torment.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 28, 2011, 11:32:16 pm »

Just then, a pony by the name of Crest Fire walked in on the conversation that Starkey and Isos were having.
"Hello sir! ...Isos...Anyway, what's this about my buddy Carrot?" Asks Crest, innocently.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 28, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

"Do your worst."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 28, 2011, 11:36:38 pm »

Suddenly, Isos is aware that she's been having a conversation that should have been private in the middle of the main stairwell of the fortress. "Buck it. Listen. If we're going to have this conversation we should move it into my office. Nopony's told Kil yet, and I don't want her finding out from overhearing some rumor. She deserves better than that."
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 665