Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281350 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3285 on: November 28, 2011, 01:29:52 am »

Yeah, wander into the thread, see I missed an opportunity to interact during the period in which I had time.  Ah well, off to bed after this post.  It's probably been a few effective days since my last post, but it kind of works anyway.

Falcata finishes her feeble attempts to learn to swing her hammer any better and returns it to its sling.  Swinging the heavy instrument about telekinetically was just as draining as she remembered.  She had never spent much time practicing her magic, and the weapon just weighed too much.  She wipes some sweat from her brow and plods out of the barracks back toward her quarters.

Her entire body aches at the expenditure of magic, and right now she's too tired to care much about the noisy outbursts echoing down the halls.  She was pretty sure that the voice belonged to Carrot, and that was becoming a bit routine.  If she was needed, somepony would come get her.  The incidents had worked themselves out without her involvement so far.

Maybe tomorrow she would try swinging the hammer around with her mouth... no, that would just give her a sore neck, and that would take a lot longer to recover from than burning up some magic.  Right now, she was just going to catch what sleep she could.

((Incidentally, are the guards' quarters near the barracks, or somewhere else entirely?  I'm always lazy about this and just let the guards and soldiers sleep with the civilians on another z-level))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:14 am »

"Still, it's not a bad memory, is it?"

Writer's block....setting in...nnnnooooooo
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: November 28, 2011, 01:41:46 am »

"But why do I remember it, and not my own?" She starts looking worried. "Is this anything to do with my dreams?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: November 28, 2011, 01:47:27 am »

"Your dreams?"

I hold open the door for Friesden, hoping to talk as we head towards the carpentry shop where Carrot's present awaits.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:55 am »

"Hooves...wow...AND IS THAT A TAIL?! DAMN IT! Well, at least I can kill people again!" Laughs the clearly-not--possessed--Psycho-Carrot.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:54:42 am by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:54 am »

"Yes, you were there. You said I was catatonic. I know you were really there. Was that something relating to this?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: November 28, 2011, 02:14:47 am »

"Um, yes.  Sealing the entirety of your past was simply beyond my construct, and memories started leaking through.  I had to adjust the purpose of the spell, or it would have failed completely.  It's working on releasing your memories back to you slowly, so you can better deal with them.  If you happen to dream of the construct, please give it advice on how to help you.  Tell it.."

I groan as I say this:

"Tell it that your directions are the Progenitor's Will.  And, um...try not to let it's opinion of me freak you out.  I know I had a hard time with it."

New daemon thing, and Khenal is low on magic and without weapons or armor?  This is going to get interesting.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: November 28, 2011, 02:16:59 am »

!!FUN!!

"The Progenitor's Will?" She giggles a bit as she says this, and the colour returns to her face. "What, are you the Progenitor?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: November 28, 2011, 02:21:03 am »

*Groan* "Apparently?  I didn't come up with the name, bleh."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: November 28, 2011, 02:24:03 am »

"Oh, I think I can access some of this whelp's memories...oh, yes...AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:54:34 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: November 28, 2011, 02:27:14 am »

"Sure you didn't, Progenitor," she says in a lightly mocking tone. "You really are the greatest thing to happen to me in the world. Whatever those memories are, we'll deal with them, together."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: November 28, 2011, 02:38:21 am »

I groan a bit at the name again, but then smile and nuzzle my love before heading into the carpentry workshop.

"Now then, where did I put his gift?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: November 28, 2011, 02:49:27 am »

((what?))
Khenal finds the gift with a knife sticking out of it, being used as a door stop.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:54:22 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: November 28, 2011, 02:52:22 am »

"Khenal, you didn't put the knife in it, did you?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: November 28, 2011, 02:58:49 am »

I examine the knife before pulling it out.

"Who would stab a knife into the chest I made for Carrot?"

What, you didn't think Khenal actually forgot the birthday of one of his friends, did you?  And you've gone and put a knife mark in the lid of your new chest :P

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 665