Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281401 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3180 on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »

"Who is it you're talking to, Starkey?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: November 27, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »

Damn you. I know your heart is true. By the Nine Hells, a reckoning shall be had. But the plan is not yet failed.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: November 27, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

"P-Plan? Why would you go through with it now, she..."

His face hardens into a mask of anger.

"No... no, I won't let you. She's happy now, I won't let you tear them apart!"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: November 27, 2011, 06:40:29 pm »

You mortals truly have no understanding. Yes, the first plan is halted. Schmoe flicks his fingers, and twenty ponies appear behind his form. For each of these, the plan failed. One of them is already here, assisting Khenal. He might refer to him as the Keeper, the Protector, or the Safekeeper. He is me when Friesden died. Another, there, you might refer to as the Destroyer. Friesden didn't die in his timeline, but Khenal died before he was born. He became a dead eyes. Another is the Hoper. Khenal dies, his mother dies, and Friesden dies. Sometimes his mother and Friesden are the same person. He didn't even know any of them, but he hopes for a brighter future. With a wave of Schmoe's hand, they disappear. The plans of the Great Changer are ineffable. They may change with every passing moment. But nothing prevents him from gaining his great hope.

"Who...Starkey, are you okay?"

Friesden rushes to Starkey.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: November 27, 2011, 06:43:02 pm »

"Hope? What is the great hope?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

thechosenone456

• Bay Watcher
  • We are REBORN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: November 27, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »

Is it about romance in any way?
Nobody lives forever...so let's make every day count.

The Loony Bin:
COME OUT QUIETLY AND WE WON'T USE FORCE!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: November 27, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

His great hope is to see everything utterly changing, to see its nature irrevocably changing every instant. Do not make the mistake of believing that just because he is the source of hope, he is nice, or good. Regardl- He lets out a scream of pain as Friesden puts her hoof on Starkey. Keep her AWAY from us.

"Starkey? Are you okay? What's wrong? Who are you talking to?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: November 27, 2011, 07:02:36 pm »

Her touch dispels the spectres in his mind, bringing him back to reality for the moment.

"W-Who... Friesden?"

Friesden finds herself wrapped in a bone-crushing hug. Starkey buries his face in her mane, sobbing like a little foal.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: November 27, 2011, 07:04:53 pm »

Friesden returns the hug for a few seconds, and then tries to gasp out "Who..Who were you talking to?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: November 27, 2011, 07:14:40 pm »

"N-Nopony. I-It was only a bad dream."

He is obviously lying.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: November 27, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »

"Please. You can trust me. I can keep a secret."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: November 27, 2011, 07:23:59 pm »

Starkey read Khenal's book. He knows Friesden's mental block is the same as the one he used on himself. Her bond with Schmoe was strong, even before they fell for each other.

'No. Before she fell for him,' he reminds himself.

Emotions that strong could surely find a chink in her mental armor. He is unsure how much to tell her.

"It isn't... you wouldn't remember... "

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: November 27, 2011, 07:27:37 pm »

"Wouldn't remember what? Or who?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: November 27, 2011, 07:34:26 pm »

He can risk to tell her a little, can't he?

"He... I don't know what you called him. I know him as Schmoe. He is a daemon, one I thought I had locked away."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: November 27, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »

A flicker of recall runs through Friesden's eyes, and she opens her mouth to speak.

"I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 665