Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281462 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3090 on: November 27, 2011, 02:25:20 am »

((Sigh...I'll get the inception bwong...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLDv-fUINM))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: November 27, 2011, 02:30:26 am »

'I'll ask if she's willing to have me check.  I'd prefer you stay out, though.  You are heavily involved in her sealed past, and the construct might not like you.  If it tried to seal you and failed, it might just shatter.  If it somehow succeeded, I don't know what would happen to you.

"Friesden, can I check on how the spell is doing?"

I hate to hold up everyone's roleplaying like this, sorry everyone  :-[
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 27, 2011, 02:33:02 am »

Friesden is still still, and she seems to not even notice the question aside from a distracted "Yes, of course."

"As you wish."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: November 27, 2011, 02:36:57 am »

((hey, don't sweat it khenal! All you did was cause the entire world to end! :P))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 27, 2011, 02:40:35 am »

I give her a concerned and uncertain look as I prepare the mental link.  After a few moments, the link is finished, and I journey into Friesden's mindscape.

Not the entire world!  Where am I going to put my stuff now?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:02 am »

((ON THE MOON OF COURSE, LUNA WOULDN'T MIND! :P))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 27, 2011, 02:47:18 am »

Inside Friesden's mind, Khenal first notices the scenery. A grey, concrete room. On the wall is the only bit of colour, a map. While the map nominally shows a flowing river through a valley, two marks have been made on the map. Firstly, a line is crossed straight through the river's path. This mark seems to be more patient, and calm. Almost unnoticeable.

The second mark is not so. It appears to be intersecting another side of the map and the river, and has been frenzily drawn on, almost hacking through the map.

The sound of rushing water can be heard.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:35 am »

'Symbolism and metaphors.'

I examine the map, trying to get a feel for the locations of the two marks along the river.  Once satisfied, I look for the exit and the river beyond.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:04 am »

There are two exits. One is tightly secured. Looking at the map, it could be the control room marked, or it could be a storage room. The other exit is free and opens easily.

It opens to a tremendous stone wall, larger than could be thought possible. As Khenal wanders out, he can see over both sides. The first, of course, is to the river. With the end walled up, it has risen to very unsafe levels - he can feel the spray as the water laps against the wall. The water isn't clear, but seems to be tremendously filthy. On the other side lies a dead valley floor, and the decay is exposed to see. Pony skeletons are numerous, as with other dead things.

Khenal can remember the map, and he knows that this should be where the first mark was made.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 27, 2011, 03:02:00 am »

((I have a feeling this is gonna be a long one.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 27, 2011, 03:03:00 am »

((Yup. If he'd just let the Keeper in, it would be over in a scene. But, oh no, he had to go and do it himself. :P))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 27, 2011, 03:10:32 am »

'Hmm, river: filthy.  Likely her subconscious.  Maybe not, though.  I would expect her conscious to simply be barren, not strewn with corpses.'

Pondering the scenery, I take off for the jagged mark the map indicated.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:38 am »

As Khenal continues to travel, he gets nearer and nearer. Soon he can hear the sound of hurried industry...specifically, that of digging. Soon the wall seems to end, at a cave. The sound appears to be coming from within.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 27, 2011, 03:18:13 am »

I cautiously approach the entrance of the cave, ready to flee should things turn dangerous.

'Hello?  Anypony home?'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 27, 2011, 03:22:57 am »

The sound from within is deafening, and somepony with a very loud voice is barking orders to a silent second party. The cave itself is lighted, though through unknown means.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 665