Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281699 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #2580 on: November 23, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »

"What...What did you do?"

The energy in my horn starts bleeding away as whatever was in that dart starts to take effect.

"That pegasus..."  My question goes unfinished as my eyes start to lose focus and I sit roughly.

"Why?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 23, 2011, 09:36:15 pm »

"Khenal...I am the assassin...." I say as everything fades to black.
Khenal wakes up in a dark wooden tunnel with flames slowly engulfing one end of it.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 23, 2011, 10:01:02 pm »

I look around the strange tunnel before getting an anoyed expression.

'Cockroach is far to accurate a name for that daemon.  And I'm tired of his games.'

With a powerful buck, I shatter the nearest wall of this wooden tunnel.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 23, 2011, 10:06:47 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLDv-fUINM
Khenal nearly falls into the oblivion that is below.
Meanwhile in the real world...
Khenal's managed to jump off the tower and is gliding over the jungle.

((here's something to note: you can still feel things that are in the real world.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 23, 2011, 10:15:36 pm »

I smile before spreading my wings and flying into the nothingness beyond.  My horn glows like a lantern, helping guide me towards my target.

'You are in my brier patch, Cockroach.  It's time I show you the error of following me in.'

Time to remind a certain Daemon who's mind he's in.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 23, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »

"A valiant effort...but will you be so calm without keeper to guide you? Let's just say he's a little tied up right now..." Snarls Cockroach.
Meanwhile in a different part of Khenal's mind...

"...SHUT UP ALREADY! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ANSWER TO PI! STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!" Whines Cockroach as Keeper literally is begining to bore him to death.
((Feel free to voice Keeper, Dsarker.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 23, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »

I smirk at Cockroach's taunt.  After all, this is my mind.  Why would I need a guide?  I quicken my pace anyway, following my horn.  He may not be my guide, but he's still my friend.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »

((You have made a terrible mistake. A mistake that goes by the name of Iacton.))

"Yes, I agree. The answer to π is terribly easy. The real question is the second last digit, which is actually 4. The importance of this digit is immense! You literally cannot go a day without the digit entering into it. You know why there are twelve months and four seasons? 4. Because of the 4, you can trust that every thirty days you will have experienced one twelth of the year. It's because of Kryten's Conjunction that we can even predict the four. Kryten it was who predicted a year's dates and the sequence of months and seasons, and it is Kryten who established the dating system. That's why we have the month of Obsidian, which as you might know has the same etymology as Kryten does. However, they were used in quite different contexts. Kryten is far more of the informal version, whereas you would use Obsidian in a formal context. Which is quite interesting, actually, because it was typically K words which were the formal type. To understand the reasoning behind this, we have to dig to the origin of the language, which of course you should know. Every schoolfoal gets taught this. Anyway, the word Obsidian was preferred by the twenty-third ruler of Klatch, and so it was accepted as the formal version while he reigned. However, due to a population explosion, there were far too many ponies using Obsidian as the formal to switch it back, and so it stuck. Interesting, don't you think?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 23, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »

Cockroach, in polite response, Grabs Keeper by the head and throws him off into the distance.
"AND STAY QUIET!!!!!!!!" Yells Cockroach.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 23, 2011, 10:48:04 pm »

"No, sorry! I can't! You see, it was the third incantation against daemons which forced them to constantly speak. And by a common coincidence, the fourth incantation prevents any other incantation from being placed on or removed from the daemon. I am physically, mentally, socially, and daemonically unable to keep from speaking. And worse, you'll find that in this mind you will never be able to escape from the sound of my voice. All of this I am terribly sorry about, but it is immutable. You'll have to either die or leave this place forever. Until you do either, you will constantly hear my voice, and it is only amplified by your harming of Friesden. Well, I can't really say I'm sorry about it, really. You caused Friesden, my light, my life, my song, my love, the source of all good things, to be wounded. You will suffer, I am happy to note, for a long time. A long time, incidentally, is a phrase and idiom lost to ancient times, but which used to be the slang for death, torture, and punishment. For example, someone who was punished 'a long time' would be the slang for someone being executed. This is, of course, before pony times. Ponies have emerged only relatively recently, in the last five thousand years, but already they have accomplished many great things, Klatch being only the least among these great things. First, of course, comes the great Oaster of Mar, which is still lost, but legend says it has the power to turn the path of the sea. The same power was attributed to the god Ingest 1.5 thousand years ago, but was deemed heretical almost three hundred years ago, following a falling out between the Prime Archon and the Princess of Hollowfields. Interestingly, the war there was almost completely non violent. This is the third war that has resulted in less than five percent casualties in pony times."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:28 pm »

Cockroach jump back to Khenal's part of the mind, grabs him by the wings, and twists them until they can no longer keep him afloat.
In the real world, Khenal is now plummeting out of the sky.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 23, 2011, 11:05:33 pm »

Friesden has walked out from the hospital, something telling her that something is wrong. She sees Khenal falling from the sky, and blazes forth to catch him.

"It's another interesting thought, but did you know that all ponies have ambient magic? Unicorns and alicorns can control it, of course, but all of them have it. Even the most mundane earth pony. It was this that allowed the famous assassin 'The Black Viper' to go undetected, as he was an earth pony who had learned to use his ambient magic to make himself unremarkable to onlookers. While the authorities were looking for an unicorn. But unicorns have been well known for their manual dexterity through the years, and it was this that allowed them to build the empire of Klatch right outside Hrul Rassp. They eventually conquered the Diomedian city and remade it in their image. This is the reason for the mural 'Catching Flight', which you might see in the capital. It was named for reference of the unicorn and pegasus dual attack, in which the unicorns held the diomedian flyers down long enough for the pegasus to make quick work of them. But then again, it was also well known that alicorns have much more power than unicorns. Their problem has typically been that of control as opposed to power. This, of course, has its own penalties, but with training an alicorn can, so it is said, turn day into night. Interesting, eh?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:46 pm »

((Man, Khenal decides to bring the fight to Cockroach and I get writer's block  :'(  Hey look, an inspirational ninja!))

'I'm close, I can hear Cockroach.  Friesden is hurt because of him, no more mr nice alicorn.'

I douse the light from my horn and rocket towards Cockroach, intending to take him off guard with as much speed as I can imagine.  Unfortunately, it looks like he was expecting that.  I conjure terain for myself, bringing my haven around myself.

It resembles a Roman garden, marble columns and fountains with crystal clear water flowing.  Willows and flowers of all kinds are visible from the gazebo I now stand in.  Recent additions include several topiarys trimmed to look like Friesden, along with many statues of her.

I growl and buck Cockroach off my back, drawing Starkey's Honesty and charging him as he hits the ground.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 23, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLDv-fUINM))
Just before cockroach hits the so-called-ground, Khenal hears that incressingly annoying bwong sound. Khenal's happy world explodes into flames, obliterating it. It's replaced by an infinite stone hallway, full of blood, guts, limbs, bodies, bodies without limbs, chickens without bodies, and other nonsensical...grimdark...ness...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:15:48 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »

Friesden continues to fly towards her stricken love.

"But of course you know the other two. First there was the 'Hundred Years' war. Ha, that was a laugh. War between the buffalo and the ponies. Neither using any weapons, and with a referee! Not as funny as the Rainbow/Rainbow war. At least it was fast, though. Otherwise it could have turned violent. Anyway, it was the Rainbow/Rainbow war which brought about the Kingdom of Domains. And without that, the Diomedian forces would have advanced another two miles in the Battle of Eating, and that would have cut off the Alicorn Princess Duvvia from her main force, and left her vulnerable. And that would have stopped this expedition short, with her being the only thing holding the ponies together. So without the Rainbows, this would never have happened. Strange, isn't it."
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 665