Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281851 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #2250 on: November 22, 2011, 06:06:55 am »

"Did they tell you how they had discovered me? He had been discovered, and my...father..." she spits as she says this, "had bound him into my mother. I was lost in my imagination, where I was happy. Then...all the memories came flooding back. How my father had...used me. Abused me. And now I was free and my father didn't know it. He did, though. He had prepared me. I had a knife. It was sharp as could be. I lunged at my father. My father had sensed it just in time, and forced my mother's body, with him controlling it, in the way. He let the flesh part, let the tormented spirit find whatever peace it could. There are some souls too bitter, too tainted even for daemons to swallow. My father fled to a private room, where I had been used. My father sealed the door and called for the guard. They stopped me and released my father..."

There's a small remnant of a smile on Friesden's face.

"They cut it off, and then they took my father's horn off as well. They exiled my father, and I never heard from or of my father again. That was how I met you."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 22, 2011, 06:12:53 am »

It's past 3am and I have no idea how to respond to that.  I'm gonna hit the hay, maybe I can brain better after sleep.  Nite everypony!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 22, 2011, 06:13:31 am »

Night.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »

"Your father was a monster, Friesden, but that doesn't mean you have to be one also.  Each of your memories is a lesson hard learned.  I know you fear remembering them, but I fear what may happen if you forget.  Please, be strong and keep your memories, Friesden."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 22, 2011, 03:05:39 pm »

Friesden bows her head, and in a small whisper, she says "Please...."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 22, 2011, 03:12:05 pm »

Starkey enters the prison: since Friesden's apparent recovery, he has made a habit of visiting her daily. Unsurprisingly, another scene of distilled insanity greets him. He sighs.

"Alright, what did I miss this time?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 22, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »

Tears flow as my horn takes on the subtle glow of mental magic.  It takes several minutes for me to gather all the energy I'll need to cast the spell: The Memory Construct spell I used on myself before coming here.  It's mission simple: to seal any conscious memory originating before yesterday.  I establish a link with Friesden and release the construct and watch it do it's job.  The construct works quickly and efficiently, though the sheer volume of memories to be sealed drains me severely.

It takes relatively little real time for the memories to be sealed.  Once finished, the construct takes a position in an out of the way part of Friesden's mental landscape, ready to seal any memories that may try to escape the subconscious.  I then sever the link, exhausted.  I barely have the energy to ask Friesden:

"How do you feel now?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 22, 2011, 03:39:07 pm »

Friesden looks up, and there is peace in her eyes.

"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"

She runs to Khenal and hugs him tight.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:38 pm »

"Well, I'm glad to see you two have kissed and made up, but would either of you care to explain what happened here?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 22, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »

After hearing Starkey's words, Friesden impulsively plants a kiss on Khenal's cheek.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 22, 2011, 03:49:51 pm »

((And now I have to go to class. See you in a few hours.))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 22, 2011, 03:52:16 pm »

((cya. Sorry for the ignoring :( ))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:12 pm »

I weakly try to return the hug, glad that Friesden is at least happy for now.  The kiss, however, surprises me and I loose my balance and fall over.

Ya, sorry about ignoring you  :-\

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

((I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUIQNFitvs&feature=related there ya go ya love birds!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 665